Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-3 and 9-9

Started by HognitiveDissonance, March 08, 2016, 12:12:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

Looks like I nailed the predictions this year.
A while back I had made several comments after one of the frustrating losses early in Nov or Dec that I thought 6-3 at home in the SEC was possible, and 9-9 overall, but it was hard to see going higher than that.

Bingo.

Yes...hard to imagine 'how' the 6-3 home record happened(who woulda thunk the losses to Auburn and S Car, that badly). But also who woulda thunk beating Tenn and Bama back to back on the road. But...unexpected things happen every single year. Factor all that in, because it's going to happen.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 08, 2016, 12:12:13 pm
Looks like I nailed the predictions this year.
A while back I had made several comments after one of the frustrating losses early in Nov or Dec that I thought 6-3 at home in the SEC was possible, and 9-9 overall, but it was hard to see going higher than that.

Bingo.

Yes...hard to imagine 'how' the 6-3 home record happened(who woulda thunk the losses to Auburn and S Car, that badly). But also who woulda thunk beating Tenn and Bama back to back on the road. But...unexpected things happen every single year. Factor all that in, because it's going to happen.

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

DeltaBoy

You called that Record Brother.  Go visit the Alma Sonic and have a Coke with HDN!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

Well i'm one who predicted a 20 win season . looks like that is in danger of being wrong
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

sadhogfan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 08, 2016, 02:15:36 pm
You called that Record Brother.  Go visit the Alma Sonic and have a Coke with HDN!

+1

HognitiveDissonance

Here it is:

All-American Hogvillian
Surfing the web at Hogville.net
View Profile
Personal Message (Online)

Re: Ark/Vandy

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 11:12:46 pm »

ReplyQuote

Well, I got something right.

Ark has always played well at home, and frankly, they usually have Vandy's number, even when Vandy is equal or better.

I said 6-3 at home was a good prediction, maybe one or two on the road. But I think 9-9 in the SEC will be the ceiling; hard to see better than that.

lefty08

So you are satisfied with this team since they hit their ceiling
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: lefty08 on March 09, 2016, 07:38:15 am
So you are satisfied with this team since they hit their ceiling
This year's team? Yes
I think they came close to reaching their potential.

Overall? No
I expect to be in the NCAAs most years. Unless this team wins the SECT, they won't be. Not likely they'll do that this week, but let's see what happens.

PharmacistHog

They certainly did better than I figured they would but it still sucks and this season has nearly taken away what little interest I had left in basketball.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.