Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passing of a Hog

Started by OGR69, March 07, 2016, 06:09:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OGR69

I don't post here very often-more of a football guy.  My father played ball on the Hill back in the late 60's.  I was born during his SR Season-as a matter of fact I was born the last home game-he participated in the opening tip, they called time-out and he left for the hospital.
William David Self, born and raised in El Dorado, AR, passed away today from Multiple Myeloma.  He was diagnosed 10 years ago and given up to 2 years to live.  He was a fighter to the nth degree all the way to the final breath.  Anyone knowing Dwight Adams-he was my dads football coach at one point.

Arbonnejen

I am sorry for your loss.

SemperFi

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hogsanity

This deserves a bump. Sorry for your loss.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgTrough

sorry for your loss. Prayers sent to you and yours
WPS

Hawgey-Davidson

Sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and yours.

CallMeAl

Always sad to learn of a Razorback passing. I remember watching David play when I was a youngster. Prayers for you and your family.
Hog since birth.

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for you and your family and friends.  Sorry for your loss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pignparadise

I remember your Dad playing at the UA. You and your family are in my prayers.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

TheRazorback500

Sorry for your loss. Prayers going up. WPS!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

JRHoward

Prayers for your family.   :razorback:
Woooo Pig!

Kenny Buzzhog

Condolences prayers for the family.

Iwastherein1969

Yet another Razorback gone to that great "tail gating" party in the sky.....have fun with those who have gone on before you, and if you get a chance to speak to the BIG GUY up there, ask him if an SEC championship in football for our beloved Hogs would be asking too much.  RIP.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LSUFan

I'm so sorry for you.

I'll be a basket case when my dad leaves.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

PORKULATOR

Condolences man and prayers to the family.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

alohawg

Quote from: LSUFan on March 08, 2016, 10:22:19 pm
I'm so sorry for you.

I'll be a basket case when my dad leaves.

Me too. Condolences brother, prayers for your family.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rzrbk4life

Thoughts and prayers brother
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Lanny

Quote from: OGR69 on March 07, 2016, 06:09:04 pm
I don't post here very often-more of a football guy.  My father played ball on the Hill back in the late 60's.  I was born during his SR Season-as a matter of fact I was born the last home game-he participated in the opening tip, they called time-out and he left for the hospital.
William David Self, born and raised in El Dorado, AR, passed away today from Multiple Myeloma.  He was diagnosed 10 years ago and given up to 2 years to live.  He was a fighter to the nth degree all the way to the final breath.  Anyone knowing Dwight Adams-he was my dads football coach at one point.
Sorry for your families loss
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

rmcchris

Prayers for you and your family.  Thanks for sharing.

gmarv

prayers for you and your family.

eabrown

Sorry for your loss and prayers for the family.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pignparadise on March 08, 2016, 03:32:13 pm
I remember your Dad playing at the UA. You and your family are in my prayers.

Agree completely on  both points.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Prayers for you and your family.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

fieldturf

Sorry for your loss, like the part about your dad being a fighter to end.  Thank you for his time as a Razorback.

KCHOGFAN