Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After A Game Like This...

Started by hogwood, March 05, 2016, 06:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

I have to watch highlights like this to feel better. Besides last season, this was the last team that really made me excited to be a Hog fan. Hill, Thomas, Weems, Beverly, and Ervin!

Next year I want to see BWA rocking like this with Kingsley throwing down jams like Hill does here! With Barford throwing him lobs too, oh my!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWr3s3AiVDY

ICEman

The number one thread-header:  There is always next year.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

swineology

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2016, 06:51:09 pm
I have to watch highlights like this to feel better. Besides last season, this was the last team that really made me excited to be a Hog fan. Hill, Thomas, Weems, Beverly, and Ervin!

Next year I want to see BWA rocking like this with Kingsley throwing down jams like Hill does here! With Barford throwing him lobs too, oh my!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWr3s3AiVDY

Kingsley won't be around Fayetteville next season

hogwood

hogwood

Quote from: ICEman on March 05, 2016, 06:55:03 pm
The number one thread-header:  There is always next year.

Next year had absolutely nothing to do with my thread title.

hawginbigd1

After that garbage somebody should be fired, lose that badly to an average team without their best player at home! Absolute garbage defense and rebounding. Again we have been exposed to a garbage season because of 2 years of recruiting at Kennesaw State level!

AirWarren

The audible Boos sounded great from my tv today.

razorbackchamps94

swineology

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on March 05, 2016, 08:06:24 pm
He will sign with someone over seas for money

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pigture perfect

if he does, we are probably doomed to experience another this year, next year. He's not ready to play professionally.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogwood

Why would he do that? He can possibly get drafted next year and make more money, or get a college degree and make the same amount of money in Europe afterward. It makes no sense to leave now. You are just a doomer.

swineology

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2016, 08:23:43 pm
Why would he do that? He can possibly get drafted next year and make more money, or get a college degree and make the same amount of money in Europe afterward. It makes no sense to leave now. You are just a doomer.

Or he could get injured and lose it all

With the direction Mike has us going, I'd suppose Moses would go get the money.

ICEman

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2016, 07:34:37 pm
Next year had absolutely nothing to do with my thread title.
Your ellipsis disagrees.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

uncle bubs

God bless the Boston Mountains.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: swineology on March 05, 2016, 07:21:00 pm
Kingsley won't be around Fayetteville next season

Watching today's game, it was as though Kingsley felt the pressure of being scouted. He was horrible.
[CENSORED]!

hogwood

Quote from: swineology on March 05, 2016, 08:36:22 pm
Or he could get injured and lose it all

With the direction Mike has us going, I'd suppose Moses would go get the money.

Yeah you mean after he graduates and is able to actually be drafted...

hogwood

Quote from: ICEman on March 05, 2016, 08:43:46 pm
Your ellipsis disagrees.

Is there anything wrong about being excited for next year? It should be a good season. Everyone had already crossed off the Hogs for this season, so what's the big deal? Did you not believe yourselves? Now it's almost finally over and I am excited for a better season next year.

uncle bubs

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2016, 10:05:31 pm
Is there anything wrong about being excited for next year? It should be a good season. Everyone had already crossed off the Hogs for this season, so what's the big deal? Did you not believe yourselves? Now it's almost finally over and I am excited for a better season next year.
This times a million. I expected a bad year this year, and it's now seemingly over. We all made it out alive. What hurt us this year was a lack of depth. Next year we will have depth (fingers crossed). There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking forward to next season.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

HognitiveDissonance

This game was a big ole stinkin' pile of poo.

Down by 27? Are you kidding me?

I would have lost a lot of money on this game. Hogs playing well, at home, SC trying the tough Thurs-Sat combo...and didn't even have one of their best players. Instead, SC had all the energy and we didn't even roll out of bed.

Hogsmo Kramer

Exactly why I don't waste my time watching them much anymore.

If I happen to remember they're playing I'll watch if I can, but setting aside time and rotating my schedule to make sure I catch the game like I used to, nope not happening.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on March 05, 2016, 10:56:20 pm

If I happen to remember they're playing I'll watch if I can, but setting aside time and rotating my schedule to make sure I catch the game like I used to, nope not happening.

I DVR'd the game and started watching the recording from the beginning about 15 minutes after the tip-off. I watched it straight through until about there was about 8:00 to play in the first half. I started fast forwarding, stopping every 30 seconds or so to see if I missed anything (I didn't). I caught up to the live feed at halftime, but found a movie to watch the second half.

Scott7703

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on March 05, 2016, 10:56:20 pm

Apathy has set in with me too. It's actually really sad. Arkansas should be a ncaa tournament team every year. There is really no excuse for not being. I hope Mike makes some changes and gets the ship settled but it's time for him to "poop or get off the pot".

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 05, 2016, 11:07:26 pm
I DVR'd the game and started watching the recording from the beginning about 15 minutes after the tip-off. I watched it straight through until about there was about 8:00 to play in the first half. I started fast forwarding, stopping every 30 seconds or so to see if I missed anything (I didn't). I caught up to the live feed at halftime, but found a movie to watch the second half.

I seriously hate that it's gotten like this, but I got nothing.

The passion that once was on fire for hog BB is just a flicker now. There's still hope, and always will be, but it's not enough to warrant the kind of fandom I once had.

Apathy is a beech and it's got it's hooks in me pretty deep right now. :(

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

moses_007

Worst game Arkansas has EVER played in BWA. 

hogsanity

Quote from: moses_007 on March 05, 2016, 11:21:50 pm

Well they did lose in BWA to auburn who finished 13th in the league.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3kgthog

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this now. This style + this staff on a night when we aren't shooting lights out is the worst team in the SEC. The amount of give a crap about protecting the lane is woefully absent. Add in our 242nd nationally ranked 3-pt defense and we are able to get killed inside and outside. Boy, we're a double threat! I'm just glad it's finally over.

hoghiker

After the Stanford game, didn't watch another. I've often scheduled my days around watching Hog hoops. Not anymore. Been this way for a while. Too many other compelling things to do than watch a mediocre ball club. I started paying attention to the Hogs with Martin Terry and Lanny Van Emon (sic). Sutton, then Nolan to now. Just ain't the same.

TomBigBeeHog

We know you have zero interest in the basketball team. Who cares what you were doing.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: moses_007 on March 05, 2016, 11:21:50 pm

Maybe under Mike, but I remember going to the game against USCe at home Pel's third year.  Yeesh.  (This game http://www.hogstats.com/boxscore.php?date=2010-02-17)