Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tournament Opener: Looks like Ark vs Florida

Started by Porked Tongue, March 05, 2016, 05:23:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razoredge178

lefty08

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 08, 2016, 03:45:04 pm
Arkansas fans roll over, lose by 15.team competes it's ass off as they have all season

FIFY
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bphi11ips

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 08, 2016, 03:45:04 pm
Arkansas rolls over, lose by 15.

There's no rollover in anyone on this team.  Most of the team played three games in Bridgestone Arena last year.  Anthlon Bell, Anton Beard and Jabril Durham have seen the backgrounds.  Dusty Hannahs is usually pure everywhere. 

Arkansas played Florida off its feet in Gainesville before losing by four.  Look for this game to play out much like the 2006 Arkansas-Florida matchup in Nashville when Taurean Green and Lee Humphrey rained threes while Al Horford ruled the paint in a 74-71 Florida win on its way to the championship.  But this time it will be Bell and Hannahs with the trifectas and Kingsley dominating underneath in a narrow Arkansas victory.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 07:57:42 am
There's no rollover in anyone on this team.  Most of the team played three games in Bridgestone Arena last year.  Anthlon Bell, Anton Beard and Jabril Durham have seen the backgrounds.  Dusty Hannahs is usually pure everywhere. 

Arkansas played Florida off its feet in Gainesville before losing by four.  Look for this game to play out much like the 2006 Arkansas-Florida matchup in Nashville when Taurean Green and Lee Humphrey rained threes while Al Horford ruled the paint in a 74-71 Florida win on its way to the championship.  But this time it will be Bell and Hannahs with the trifectas and Kingsley dominating underneath in a narrow Arkansas victory.

I'd love nothing more than to bring UF's tourney hopes to an end.

Maybe Bama was playing too emotional and that's what gave us the edge?  SC didn't really have much to play for other than seeding last weekend and just went to work (and boy did they). Maybe we can catch UF trying too hard and get them out of their rhythm.

I just hate those jort-wearing Gators so much.

bphi11ips

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 09, 2016, 08:16:27 am
I'd love nothing more than to bring UF's tourney hopes to an end.

Maybe Bama was playing too emotional and that's what gave us the edge?  SC didn't really have much to play for other than seeding last weekend and just went to work (and boy did they). Maybe we can catch UF trying too hard and get them out of their rhythm.

I just hate those jort-wearing Gators so much.

Conf.     Overall    Home      Road       Neutral       Points For       Points Against

Florida      9-9        18-13     12-4       4-8           2-1            2295                2130 
Arkansas   9-9        16-15     13-4       3-8           0-3            2440                2322

No reason to think this won't be a close game.  Arkansas will be playing for their coach and to show they weren't given the credit they deserved after Portis and Qualls left. 

Hogs 75  Florida 73

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 08:53:09 am
               Conf.     Overall    Home      Road       Neutral       Points For       Points Against

Florida      9-9        18-13     12-4       4-8           2-1            2295                2130 
Arkansas   9-9        16-15     13-4       3-8           0-3            2440                2322

No reason to think this won't be a close game.  Arkansas will be playing for their coach and to show they weren't given the credit they deserved after Portis and Qualls left. 

Hogs 75  Florida 73

I love it

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 08:53:09 am

Florida      9-9        18-13     12-4       4-8           2-1            2295                2130 
Arkansas   9-9        16-15     13-4       3-8          0-3            2440                2322

Hogs 75  Florida 73

For gosh sakes, GET THIS GAME ON SOMEBODY"S COURT!!!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 08, 2016, 03:30:18 pm
Egbunu is a scary dude.  Really hope Kingsley steps his game up for this one!

It really all depends on if Bell/Hannahs are getting their shots off and making a decent amount of them.

Looks like Egbunu is hurt.

The basketball Hogs continue the two season run with the Mizzou football of 2012 & 2013 breaks of facing teams missing key players. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razoredge178

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 07:57:42 am
There's no rollover in anyone on this team. Most of the team played three games in Bridgestone Arena last year.  Anthlon Bell, Anton Beard and Jabril Durham have seen the backgrounds.  Dusty Hannahs is usually pure everywhere. 

HAHA!!!

We rolled like mofo's against Misstake getting a 30+ spot put on us....just came off of a rollover on Saturday at South Carolina. Or let me guess, since SC stalled a bit late, and we made a brief run, that shows that we don't roll over? Mmmmkkkk

I'd love to eat my words tomorrow about 2:15...just don't see it happening.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

southarkhog06

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 09, 2016, 10:49:54 am
HAHA!!!

We rolled like mofo's against Misstake getting a 30+ spot put on us....just came off of a rollover on Saturday at South Carolina. Or let me guess, since SC stalled a bit late, and we made a brief run, that shows that we don't roll over? Mmmmkkkk

I'd love to eat my words tomorrow about 2:15...just don't see it happening.
so we are allowed to bash players again?

razoredge178

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 09, 2016, 11:04:17 am
so we are allowed to bash players again?

No one is bashing players. Did we get beat by 30+ by Mistake? Did we trail by 20+ for much of the South Carolina game?

Is it not ok for me to call that rolling over? What would you recommend?

I yield to your expert guidance.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 09, 2016, 10:45:56 am
Looks like Egbunu is hurt.

The basketball Hogs continue the two season run with the Mizzou football of 2012 & 2013 breaks of facing teams missing key players. 

Cleared to play, fitting him for a brace for torn ligaments in his thumb.  If he is limited or out, that is huge for us.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 09, 2016, 12:17:25 pm
Cleared to play, fitting him for a brace for torn ligaments in his thumb.  If he is limited or out, that is huge for us.

They at least need his body on the defensive end for Kingsley.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 09, 2016, 11:06:33 am
No one is bashing players. Did we get beat by 30+ by Mistake? Did we trail by 20+ for much of the South Carolina game?

Is it not ok for me to call that rolling over? What would you recommend?

I yield to your expert guidance.

February 4, 1995 - Mississippi State 83 Arkansas 62

Did Corliss Williamson, et al., roll over that night in Humphrey Coliseum?  Did they when UMass beat them 103-80 to start that season?  How about when they lost 89-78 to UCLA in the NC game?

I'll take a bunch of losers like '94-'95 every year.

razoredge178

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 02:54:45 pm
February 4, 1995 - Mississippi State 83 Arkansas 62

Did Corliss Williamson, et al., roll over that night in Humphrey Coliseum?  Did they when UMass beat them 103-80 to start that season?  How about when they lost 89-78 to UCLA in the NC game?

I'll take a bunch of losers like '94-'95 every year.

HAHA nice! You're comparing this team to that team?? HAHAHAHAHA

bphi11ips

Quote from: razoredge178 on March 09, 2016, 03:20:04 pm
HAHA nice! You're comparing this team to that team?? HAHAHAHAHA

When given an opportunity to recover respect by replying "touche", don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Otherwise, remember that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. 

Dropkick

gmarv

would be a really nice feeling to beat those freaking gators even by one point.

intelligence

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 04:06:43 pm
When given an opportunity to recover respect by replying "touche", don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Otherwise, remember that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

honestly you look like the fool in this situation for arguing a moot point. he provided clear facts to back his assertion that this team would likely roll over in tomorrows game, and you provided a set of facts that suited your agenda but did not prove that the team would not roll over. luckily florida can't shoot to save their lives on most days, so we have a fighting chance to beat them. guess we'll see tomorrow

lefty08

Let's get this out there, a team losing by 20 points doesn't mean they rolled over and played dead.

It's not the only explanation
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TheOtherColombia

The team isn't the problem, the coach is.  In his entire P5 coaching career he has made noise in the conference tournament exactly twice.  There lies the issue.  Doesn't matter what the coach does during the year, unless he has an absolutely special team you can pretty much count on one and done for CMA.  It is his MO, and his record proves it out. I am not sure what makes you guys think he can just  switch it on in the second season when his record shows he never has.   

bphi11ips

Quote from: intelligence on March 09, 2016, 04:46:31 pm
honestly you look like the fool in this situation for arguing a moot point. he provided clear facts to back his assertion that this team would likely roll over in tomorrows game, and you provided a set of facts that suited your agenda but did not prove that the team would not roll over. luckily florida can't shoot to save their lives on most days, so we have a fighting chance to beat them. guess we'll see tomorrow

Do you have to take your shoes off to count all the way up to your IQ?

That may be one of the stupidest responses ever posted on Hogville.  I'll try and make this simple.  Try and keep up:

It is not possible to prove conduct in advance.  Let's get that out of the way first. 

Mr. Edge claims the 2016 version of the Arkansas Razorbacks basketball team will roll over against Florida because it lost by 30 at Mississippi State and trailed South Carolina by over 20 much of the last game.  He offers no other support for his contention that Arkansas is a team prone to "roll over".

As one who can recall details from virtually every game the Razorbacks have played since about 1973, I pointed out to Mr. Edge that getting blown out at Mississippi State and losing by 20 plus in the same season is not necessarily an indication of a team's tendency to roll over.  Being of only slightly higher IQ than yourself (based upon his apparent ability to grasp basic fundamentals of punctuation and capitalization), Mr. Edge was unable to grasp the analogy and thought I had compared the 94-95 team to the current team. 

It appears that neither you nor Mr Edge understand this basic principle - good basketball teams get blown out by inferior teams all the time.  That's why teams play rather than sit home and post results based on the spread.

Now, if you understand this, try and repeat it in reply.  If you do so successfully with no grammatical errors, PM me your address, and I'll send you a family size bag of Cheetos.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on March 09, 2016, 07:05:52 pm
The team isn't the problem, the coach is.  In his entire P5 coaching career he has made noise in the conference tournament exactly twice.  There lies the issue.  Doesn't matter what the coach does during the year, unless he has an absolutely special team you can pretty much count on one and done for CMA.  It is his MO, and his record proves it out. I am not sure what makes you guys think he can just  switch it on in the second season when his record shows he never has.   

Could be worse we could have Kim Anderson, Frank Haith, Quin Snyder or whatever loser Mizz hires next

intelligence

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 10:11:10 pm

That may be one of the stupidest responses ever posted on Hogville.  I'll try and make this simple.  Try and keep up:

It is not possible to prove conduct in advance.  Let's get that out of the way first. 

Mr. Edge claims the 2016 version of the Arkansas Razorbacks basketball team will roll over against Florida because it lost by 30 at Mississippi State and trailed South Carolina by over 20 much of the last game.  He offers no other support for his contention that Arkansas is a team prone to "roll over".

As one who can recall details from virtually every game the Razorbacks have played since about 1973, I pointed out to Mr. Edge that getting blown out at Mississippi State and losing by 20 plus in the same season is not necessarily an indication of a team's tendency to roll over.  Being of only slightly higher IQ than yourself (based upon his apparent ability to grasp basic fundamentals of punctuation and capitalization), Mr. Edge was unable to grasp the analogy and thought I had compared the 94-95 team to the current team. 

It appears that neither you nor Mr Edge understand this basic principle - good basketball teams get blown out by inferior teams all the time.  That's why teams play rather than sit home and post results based on the spread.

Now, if you understand this, try and repeat it in reply.  If you do so successfully with no grammatical errors, PM me your address, and I'll send you a family size bag of Cheetos.

you are arguing a moot point, and you admit it with the highlighted sentence. your anger is expected. thanks for the namecalling. the rest i didn't read. :-)

FreshHog

Quote from: rude1 on March 05, 2016, 07:06:54 pm
This team isn't playing for anything and don't have a snowballs chance of winning this tournament, our pattern all year has been to win then lose a few, already lost the first one, probably time to end the season on a two game losing streak. But oh well  CMA salvaged that all important "never had a losing record" FWIW.

tell that to 2008 Georgia.

You guys are all jokes. Get behind the team, these kids have played their hearts out all season. Dont blame lack of good recruiting on them.

I'm going in confident, I think these boys want some post season play and beat the gators.

Letsroll1200

The Auburn lost at home was bad. Still can't figure how we loss that game.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2016, 01:46:35 am
The Auburn lost at home was bad. Still can't figure how we loss that game.

Yeah, we're usually pretty dominate at home.

hoginator

Quote from: FreshHog on March 10, 2016, 12:18:29 am
tell that to 2008 Georgia.

You guys are all jokes. Get behind the team, these kids have played their hearts out all season. Dont blame lack of good recruiting on them.

I'm going in confident, I think these boys want some post season play and beat the gators.
Agree. Hogs win...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

razoredge178

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 09, 2016, 10:11:10 pm

Mr. Edge...I like that!

If you mean a 15-7 team getting beat by a 12-10 team, sure, it happens on occasion. All the time? I won't get into attacks but this is a premo stupid statement. If good teams got "blown out" all the time, they wouldn't be all that good would they? Do you recall Mistakes record when we played them? They were terrible! We went to Starksville, rolled over, and got beat by 32 POINTS.

I will concur with you that this team has proven that as often as they can roll over, or not show up at all, they can also compete.

It just so happens that with a couple of exceptions, we've been the rollover kings in the SEC tourney over the last 15 years. CMA has a terrible history in conference tourneys, and I 100% expect that to continue today, unless UF decides to literally not show up. If they floor a team, their injured center manages to grab a few boards, Kavon Allen puts up a dub dub, we're done.

Breems

Today's the day!

Not very confident at all and feeling another first-round exit, but this team has enough offensive firepower to pull out a win if they can stop Florida's guards.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Letsroll1200

Arkansas 75 Florida 71. Guard play and Moses Kingsley. Moses has to set the tone and force Florida to beat you from deep. If Florida can knock down shots it will create problems.

HawgTrough

time to quit the bickering and get behind our boys. Woo pig
WPS

010HogFan

Think we lose by about 8-10 pts. They are the thorn in our side in every sport

HoopS

Quote from: HawgTrough on March 10, 2016, 08:32:21 am
time to quit the bickering and get behind our boys. Woo pig
in theory, yep. But no, won't happen.

Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 09, 2016, 10:14:26 pm
Could be worse we could have Kim Anderson, Frank Haith, Quin Snyder or whatever loser Mizz hires next

At least they have the stones to move on when things aren't working out.  The current boat anchor of your program will most likely be around until he chooses to retire. 

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on March 10, 2016, 10:14:13 am
At least they have the stones to move on when things aren't working out.  The current boat anchor of your program will most likely be around until he chooses to retire.

Haith and Anderson didn't move on their own?

Captain Morgan

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on March 10, 2016, 10:14:13 am
I don't agree with this. There are plenty of big time boosters that are not pleased with the state of the basketball program. Anderson needs to get to the NCAA next season or boosters will be twisting Jeff Longs arm to make an immediate termination. Next year is make or break for Anderson. He's not so safe he can retire at Arkansas at all.

Dr. Starcs

PonderinHog

MountieDawg

The key will be foul trouble for Kinglsey, if he can stay out of it.  John Egbunu likes to dunk the ball and if Moses tries to block them all it could mean foul trouble...  Hogs will struggle if Moses can't play around 30 minutes.
SEC!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 10, 2016, 10:35:12 am
The key will be foul trouble for Kinglsey, if he can stay out of it.  John Egbunu likes to dunk the ball and if Moses tries to block them all it could mean foul trouble...  Hogs will struggle if Moses can't play around 30 minutes.
I think Egbunu is hurt right now.
KeVaughn Allen is the guy who scares me with his bulldog basketball approach. Look for Finney-Smith to get loose on some broken presses and traps where he gets lay ups and dunks. I think Gators win this one by 8 with MK fouling out after getting a double double.

elksnort

Gators -2 1/2

Maybe we will refrain from trapping, pressing and doubling today?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 10, 2016, 10:35:12 am
Sounds like Egbunu will be playing in a brace and they aren't sure how much he will be able to play. 

HawgTrough

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 11:28:26 am
Sounds like Egbunu will be playing in a brace and they aren't sure how much he will be able to play. 
putting him in to play hard defense on MK is probably their strategy. If he fouls out, no biggie.
WPS

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: elksnort on March 10, 2016, 11:14:48 am
Gators -2 1/2

Maybe we will refrain from trapping, pressing and doubling today?

We don't adjust to what other teams are doing... we make them adjust to what we do. That's Hawgball... that is the way the creator of said style intended. Unfortunately, other coaches have adjusted for years, 1994 rules are not coming back, and top recruits prefer those other coaches and their style of play.

For those of you that like to throw out football versus basketball comparisons... how many disciples of Emory Bellard are still running the wishbone and winning championships?

Both games have changed...

elksnort

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on March 10, 2016, 12:02:14 pm
We don't adjust to what other teams are doing... we make them adjust to what we do. That's Hawgball... that is the way the creator of said style intended. Unfortunately, other coaches have adjusted for years, 1994 rules are not coming back, and top recruits prefer those other coaches and their style of play.

For those of you that like to throw out football versus basketball comparisons... how many disciples of Emory Bellard are still running the wishbone and winning championships?

Both games have changed...
+1 for the Embry Bellard reference.

HawgTrough

WPS

hoginator

Quote from: hoginator on March 10, 2016, 06:53:46 am
Agree. Hogs win...
May I get my crow on a little rice pilaf? Either way, Go Hogs...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...