Previous topic - Next topic

RazorNick

Oliver

Malzahn
Leach
Norvell

All huge upgrades

HeyHogs

I hope Gus and Auburn blow Bama out of the water tomorrow.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 09:44:31 pm

This. By 40 points. Because I hate Gus and want him at Auburn forever.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

LuckyGiraffe

I have never rooted for a team in which Gus was the HC, but I'm starting tomorrow!!!

Calling All Hogs

Sad that Matt Campbell is not in the mix for whatever reason.

silverandbluedc

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 09:47:30 pm

If Gus has the game plan to blow Bama out of the water by 40, we should all want him at Arkansas.

checkraiser88

Quote from: silverandbluedc on November 24, 2017, 09:56:34 pm
If Gus has the game plan to blow Bama out of the water by 40, we should all want him at Arkansas.

Whats sad is the Gus Haters don't want him, regardless of his success

WilsonHog

Shhhh. The irony has escaped them.

Ex-Trumpet

So you wouldn't want a coach that is capable of beating Bama by 40?  Makes sense...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 24, 2017, 09:54:19 pm

I think it is a combination of his buyout, him waiting for a bigger job, and his lack of recruiting connections to the south.

tlmack

I will after 60 years on this planet stop supporting the Hogs if Gus becomes Head Hog. Sorry all the Gus bussers,I can't and won't support him.

Hollywood870

This. I can't believe some of you can operate a computer.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 24, 2017, 09:54:19 pm

He is my personal fave. Followed by Frost and Norvell. Then Neal Brown and Bill Clark. Nevertheless, it is likely Gus, who is fine as a coach, but the politics that will follow will be nauseating. Oh well, whoever it is, I will be on board.

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

checkraiser88

Quote from: tlmack on November 24, 2017, 10:01:19 pm
I will after 60 years on this planet stop supporting the Hogs if Gus becomes Head Hog. Sorry all the Gus bussers,I can't and won't support him.

There's no way in hell you've been a hog fan for 60 years, you're probably a teen who's daddy coached at one of the schools he blew out in high school

Razorback_Mack

We won't miss you

Hollywood870

So? Gus never beat me up and stole my lunch money like he did to a lot of you. He must be a bad dude. Out here snatching people's chains.

Con el Cerdos

I think you'll be safe.  Just think Leach.

Garon111

BYE!!

RazorNick

Idiose

HeyHogs

Ditto

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on November 24, 2017, 10:02:25 pm
He is my personal fave. Along with Frost and Norvell. Neal Brown and Bill Clark. Nevertheless, it likely Gus, who is fine as a coach, but the politics that will follow will be nauseating. Oh well, who ever it is, I will be on board.
Yes. I will be on board too as long as it isn't a completely crazy pick like Houston Nutt.

Pork Twain

There needs to be a major troll clean out before we get another coach
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HeyHogs

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 24, 2017, 10:04:02 pm
So? Gus never beat me up and stole my lunch money like he did to a lot of you. He must be a bad dude. Out here snatching people's chains.
Gus is a decent coach with the right assistants.  People don't like him because unlike CBB, Gus is a horrible person.

rude1

Not a Gus fan, but certainly believe he would be an upgrade to what we had, not that that is saying a lot. But it does concern me if we are willing to wait to see if he loses to see if he accepts the job. I hate to think that those in power  would think so less of the program that they would wait on a coach to lose, fall out of favor at his current school, and offer him a soft landing spot because he couldn't cut it where he is at.

hawgXi

My prediction is that if he does beat the bammers, he would still take the arkie job.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 24, 2017, 10:09:05 pm
There needs to be a major troll clean out before we get another coach
I think we should start with people that use the word "Troll" first.

checkraiser88

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 10:10:17 pm
Not a Gus fan, but certainly believe he would be an upgrade to what we had, not that that is saying a lot. But it does concern me if we are willing to wait to see if he loses to see if he accepts the job. I hate to think that those in power  would think so less of the program that they would wait on a coach to lose, fall out of favor at his current school, and offer him a soft landing spot because he couldn't cut it where he is at.

That's part of the Coaching business in the Sec right now. Why would he come here if he gets a contract extension? We need Auburn to lose tomorrow and we could have this thing wrapped up by Monday

Hollywood870

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Gus is a decent coach with the right assistants.  People don't like him because unlike CBB, Gus is a horrible person.
Like Ted Bundy horrible? Did he slap someone? Does he steal purses? How bad is this dude? We need to get to the bottom of this.

Piggie

Are you the one I already offered hot cocoa and a puppy to hide in your safe space if Gus is chosen? Do you need a hug?
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Con el Cerdos

Up front, I don't hate nor love Gus.  I think he is a good coach and I never saw anything he's done that's illegal or dishonest.

Still, I don't think Gus will be coming to Arkansas because of one thing.  Ambition.  That's not a bad thing.

Hollywood870

I heard Gus posed in Playgirl magazine under the name "Mike Honcho". Heard he did a full spread. This guy is a horrible person, now! We need to steer clear!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 10:09:12 pm
Tell us what makes Gus a horrible person. Please enlighten us.

870_hog

ladyhogfan

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 24, 2017, 10:02:58 pm
There's no way in hell you've been a hog fan for 60 years, you're probably a teen who's daddy coached at one of the schools he blew out in high school

He never said he had been a hog fan for 60 years—just implied that he was 60 years old.

snoblind

Win by 40 and then show up in Arkansas for a 4:00 PM presser on Sunday announcing he is coming to Arkansas, bringing about half the staff with him, and they won't be coaching in the SEC CG.

Would be an epic meltdown on the message boards across America.

The Boar War

Quote from: Piggie on November 24, 2017, 10:14:44 pm
Are you the one I already offered hot cocoa and a puppy to hide in your safe space if Gus is chosen? Do you need a hug?

Since your earlier offer Gus has knocked over the cocoa and stolen said puppy.  Bad dude.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Oliver on November 24, 2017, 09:35:10 pm
Malzahn
Leach
Norvell

All huge upgrades

Strong would probably be a better hire than Norvell.

At least Strong has coached at a high-level football program (Florida and Texas).

Norvell's coaching at Arizona State is not on the same level as the above 2 football program.

Hoggie17

This, and if we know for sure he will come I would not care if he played out and won the NC, it would just more recruits would want to play for Arkansas.  We waited 5 yrs for Big Boy to win, we can wait until the NC game is over.

Who remembers how patient Alabama was waiting on Saban after the long list of loser they went through.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 24, 2017, 10:11:36 pm
I think we should start with people that use the word “Troll” first.
Good luck with that.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/