Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officiating

Started by d3maybe, November 21, 2017, 06:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

d3maybe

Do I just not remember the last couple of years or is the officiating absolutely ridiculous this year? I know a bunch of folks were complaining about the Hogs - Fresno game but its all over... I've tried watching several other games and its just really screwing up the game of basketball making not exciting at all but also nearly impossible to watch? Were there rule changes or something that changed how games are officiated? This is awful.  :(

RaisinHog

Been bad for about 3 years .. a la our tournament game last year ?

King Kong

I thought the Fresno game was atleast equally bad on both side

theFlyingHog

I watched a few minutes of the UCLA game today and the TV guys were upset with how much the game is being slowed down these days

Knot2brite

It isn't like football....you can blow the whistle every time down the floor if you want but you don't have to if no advantage is gained. Every trip down the court does not mean there is a foul
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogimus Prime

Most of the refs are old and can't run like they used too, so thats why they blow the whistle so much, they need a break

King Kong

IMO there should be an official on each end of the court that never leaves the baseline

TheRazorback500

So far we have been called for 9 less fouls than our opponents this year. With our experienced senior guards, we seem to be playing better defense without fouling as much. We'll see how it goes against better opponents and different officials at PK80.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

rwspear

the basketball PTB want more scoring for fan excitement.

theyre shooting themselves in the foot.