Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen vs. Monk on now!! This is Mike's biggest failure

Started by jaxhog64, February 04, 2017, 07:56:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxhog64

By getting in-state talents like Allen and Monk we would have never lost that game tonight or been blown out by the elite teams we've played this year.

For the love of God, I do not understand why we run this trapping defense, we don't have the athletes/length/speed to run it effectively and all it does is give the other team wide ass open shots.

It's been a tough 6 years to watch with the exception of Portis/Qualls year in 2014.  Any other SEC school would fire their coach with 1 NCAAT in 6 years, we must make a change or risk letting the program really become completely irrelevant.

Dropkick

I remember when were like UK and UF and played in the big time slots on Tv. .........but just barely remember.

Pig Worshipper

Risk letting the program become irrelevant?

That horse left the barn, that train left the station, that turd exited the tank a long, long time ago.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Dropkick on February 04, 2017, 08:00:49 pm
I remember when were like UK and UF and played in the big time slots on Tv. .........but just barely remember.

the ARK/KY game one or two years was played on the weekend of the Super Bowl.  Cant remember if it was on Sunday like a noon tip or maybe it was the previous day on Sat but it was big time.  National networks wanted to see us and KY get after it.

Now??  well I guess we need to work on beating 5 win teams on our schedule before we want to ask the networks to put us on prime time.

Why couldnt Mike get both Allen and Monk to come to UA? Just those 2 guys right there are worth a few extra wins this season by themselves.   I know I know, I have heard about Monk's brother and whatever happened there, so we werent interested in matching whatever offer was made by World Wide Wes on behalf of KY.   Why did KeVaughan not want to come to ARK?  Did he not like Mike?  I never heard why he would have rather have left the state than help continue the momentum Mike was building with Portis and Qualls.  Was he just overwhelmed by Billy Donovan and his 2 national championships?  Just curious if anyone knows why Allen shunned us as well.

Cavtastic Voyage

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 04, 2017, 08:10:56 pm
the ARK/KY game one or two years was played on the weekend of the Super Bowl.  Cant remember if it was on Sunday like a noon tip or maybe it was the previous day on Sat but it was big time.  National networks wanted to see us and KY get after it.

Now??  well I guess we need to work on beating 5 win teams on our schedule before we want to ask the networks to put us on prime time.

Why couldnt Mike get both Allen and Monk to come to UA? Just those 2 guys right there are worth a few extra wins this season by themselves.   I know I know, I have heard about Monk's brother and whatever happened there, so we werent interested in matching whatever offer was made by World Wide Wes on behalf of KY.   Why did KeVaughan not want to come to ARK?  Did he not like Mike?  I never heard why he would have rather have left the state than help continue the momentum Mike was building with Portis and Qualls.  Was he just overwhelmed by Billy Donovan and his 2 national championships?  Just curious if anyone knows why Allen shunned us as well.

They prolly didn't want to play in our system.

Dropkick

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jaxhog64 on February 04, 2017, 07:56:52 pm
By getting in-state talents like Allen and Monk we would have never lost that game tonight or been blown out by the elite teams we've played this year.

For the love of God, I do not understand why we run this trapping defense, we don't have the athletes/length/speed to run it effectively and all it does is give the other team wide ass open shots.

It's been a tough 6 years to watch with the exception of Portis/Qualls year in 2014.  Any other SEC school would fire their coach with 1 NCAAT in 6 years, we must make a change or risk letting the program really become completely irrelevant.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

XavierZane

Disagree with the premise of the thread, but I love watching Florida manhandle Kentucky!  KY has wilted against every strong team they've faced, and struggled against several less-talented teams.  I just had a feeling that Florida would demolish them, and I like being right so far.  KY is imploding, down by 20. 

3kgthog

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 09:13:30 pm
Disagree with the premise of the thread, but I love watching Florida manhandle Kentucky!  KY has wilted against every strong team they've faced, and struggled against several less-talented teams.  I just had a feeling that Florida would demolish them, and I like being right so far.  KY is imploding, down by 20.

Sounds eerily similar to another team I know.

XavierZane

February 04, 2017, 09:24:13 pm #9 Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:39:32 pm by XavierZane
Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2017, 09:18:55 pm
Sounds eerily similar to another team I know.

Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone, and happens to everyone eventually.  But KY is just losing their composure more and more, while we tend to fight back and make it close. 

ETA:  KY loses by 22, largest loss in KY history against Florida.