Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Ole Miss

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 14, 2015, 07:30:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfly

Love when during the timeout going into end of game, Manny was hyping team up and slapping high 5s as they got ready. Then he puts in the game winner. That will create belief in magic for the team.

hview

It's been so long since we've been 20-5. What a feeling!!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: alaback on February 14, 2015, 10:12:58 pm
Just put it on the stopwatch.  They got an extra 1.7 seconds. 

Which ironically could've played in our favor had Summers made his shot.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

The real Hogules

Quote from: hview on February 14, 2015, 10:11:59 pm
With their back to the wall in a hostile environment they gut out a win. These type of wins are confidence builders!!

I totally agree!
I watched the game, but never heard the attendance mentioned.
Anyone know how the Ole Miss crowd was?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

reddogjcss

Great win boys! GREAT, team is getting tougher at the right time.

HouSwine

Great win. Great assist, Madden. Hogs seem for real!

hogblood13

Heck of a win for our HOGS! that game was awesome! HOG ball is back! WPS!!!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogs25 on February 14, 2015, 10:13:05 pm
This win is more satisfying than winning at Rupp last year.  Hate that Tad Pad.
Tear it down - with half the student body inside.  Spare the womenz...

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

hview

I really like Beard. That kid is developing into a very good player. He definitely doesn't like to lose.

hogginbama

Quote from: HogWild7886 on February 14, 2015, 10:10:15 pm
I'm talking about the folks saying the game is over with 6 minutes left, eff the refs

Apologies to you, mis-interpeted your post....I'm with you on those that call the game with time on the clock. They need to hang up their Hog Hat and give up their tickets.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 14, 2015, 10:16:45 pm
I totally agree!
I watched the game, but never heard the attendance mentioned.
Anyone know how the Ole Miss crowd was?
Their second sellout of the year.

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 14, 2015, 10:17:13 pm
Tear it down - with half the student body inside.  Spare the womenz...
Especially Red Dress!

OzarkRazor

Woo hooo!!!!  :razorback:  :razorback: aww yeah.  So good to see Harris and Madden come through late with all the hate they get on here.  And how bout Mike Qualls!!  HUGE :razorback: Woo Pig!!!!  :razorback:  :razorback:

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Dropkick

ArmyOfnobunaga

90 percent of you really added to the game for me. A lot of good opinions and lot of good observations.

Time to watch some dvr all star nba crap.

cheers.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

PonderinHog

dhornjr1

Hogfaniam

panhandlepig

Quote from: Dropkick on February 14, 2015, 10:22:42 pm
I got two words for you........WHO'S NEXT!

Mizzou is whose next and we are going to curb stomp them.

fred ziffel

Did anyone notice Watkins in the huddle before the last play? Coaches son for sure and a leader.
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: lefty08 on February 14, 2015, 10:04:53 pm
I just woke up my 5 yr old and mommy isn't happy. To the garage I go

Dude, one of my earliest memories is of my dad punching through the ceiling when U.S. Reid hit that half court shot. Those father/son moments will be instilled.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 14, 2015, 10:23:45 pm
I missed that while typing drivel...   :'(
Apparently Multi-tasking should be your next objective. WTH! I thought better of you.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 14, 2015, 10:27:20 pm
Apparently Multi-tasking should be your next objective. WTH! I thought better of you.
I gonna work on that in the off season.  Anybody got a screen shot ???

trippigs

Quote from: jst01 on February 14, 2015, 10:13:27 pm
Saddest thing is you consider it manly to "step up" on a message board online. Enjoy the win dog

Must be hard for the pessimist. And that is Mr Dog to you

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: hillhog on February 14, 2015, 10:07:46 pm
Finally a good pass by Madden
Great win over refs and all.

He had 8 assists and zero turnovers in the previous game.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

The real Hogules

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 14, 2015, 10:36:50 pm

KM did great, as did everyone that played.
This was a total team win.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Great to beat the Rebs and the refs! They didn't start the clock with 6.4 seconds left!!!

They got to half court before they started it!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 14, 2015, 10:36:50 pm
He didn't shoot we'll this game .. Missed to many 3's and some were wild

BadHog

WPS! Really missed reading the game thread tonight but this was one hell of a win. Go Hogs!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

RyanLR

What a hell of an effort by Qualls after CMA challenged him. Can somebody please get Manny Watkins a scholarship?

jared72404

Quote from: RyanLR on February 15, 2015, 12:33:03 am
What a hell of an effort by Qualls after CMA challenged him. Can somebody please get Manny Watkins a scholarship?

Without a doubt he deserves a scholarship, but it is probably in the best interest of the team to offer it to a JC or high school player.

opineonswine

HUGE, HUGE win. I was wrong. Thought for sure we would lose. Thanks for proving me goofy.

Dirty

Quote from: jst01 on February 14, 2015, 09:52:16 pm
Ole miss is 3rd best team in league. We are 4th
Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on February 14, 2015, 09:51:16 pm
Ole miss can't miss. Kiss second place goodbye

Both of you need to rethink your comments.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 15, 2015, 08:27:06 am
HUGE, HUGE win. I was wrong. Thought for sure we would lose. Thanks for proving me goofy.
It really was a big win for Mike and the guys.  Personally, I was doubtful that we could pull it off.  It wasnt because I think Arkansas isnt a good team but because of the rebounding discrepancy that usually exists when we play them.  They just murder us on the boards.  We gave up 21 offensive rebounds last night to them and that was the ONLY reason they were even in the game.  If the Hogs were to have even cut that figure in half, Arkansas would have won comfortably. 

But the Hogs went into Oxford, played a team on a 6 game winning streak, a team that took KY to overtime in Lexington, a team that whipped them pretty good in Bud Walton Arena just 7 games ago and the Hogs won.  Like Mike said in the post game interview, they led but gave up the lead and faced adversity but they did not lay down and quit. They stayed with their plan and it worked.

Hogs are 4-2 in SEC road games  so far.  Got 3 more against Miss St, USCe, and KY.  To be realistic, the Hogs should shoot for 2-1 over those last 3 roadies and will be 6-3 on the road for the SEC season.  That would be great.

Dirty

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 15, 2015, 09:12:12 am
I'll summarize for you - FCJ blames the referees for everything ranging from the death of Elvis to herpes and the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby. 

Wait a second - that is Joe's summary of every game.   

Hogs keep winning you will be disappointed.

kaiserhog

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 15, 2015, 09:12:12 am
I'll summarize for you - FCJ blames the referees for everything ranging from the death of Elvis to herpes and the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby. 

Wait a second - that is Joe's summary of every game.   
So much butt hurt.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 15, 2015, 09:09:19 am
In your FCJ-like state, I hope you will recall the referees aren't running the clock.

I know Joe won't understand this point, but I am hoping you will.

Technically, the clock keeper is not to start the clock until the official signals to.

farmhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 14, 2015, 10:28:20 pm
I gonna work on that in the off season.  Anybody got a screen shot ???
she was ok, the giant cellulite puckers were a distraction though......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 14, 2015, 09:59:44 pm
See what I mean? Ridiculously one-sided officiating. Moody throws Madden down, and it's a tie ball. These guys are The Same as They've Always Been, crooks.
fify
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

tusksincolorado

I will be glad when all the SEC teams replace their existing cow-palaces with new facilities. I'm afraid for the Razorbacks players getting knocked down with falling insulation....then they will probably be called for a "blocking" call!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Granny

Quote from: hview on February 14, 2015, 10:16:02 pm
It's been so long since we've been 20-5. What a feeling!!

But Mike Anderson cant' coach or recruit....how did this happen????

:-\

ArkieBrat

Quote from: Granny on February 15, 2015, 03:27:22 pm
But Mike Anderson cant' coach or recruit....how did this happen????

:-\

I hear ya, Granny!  It boggles the mind doesn't it?  After reading thru all these "gloom 'n doom" posts, I feel such delight that CMA has his team with 20 wins and SECOND place in the SEC.  I had already voted that CMA had my full support and, as far as I am concerned, he is NOT going anywhere.  GO MIKE!!!!!!   GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.