Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Even Anderson calls out the refs.

Started by SloppinItandLovnIt, January 31, 2015, 03:49:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nextlevel

2-28 in road games Tony Greene refs (.067) & 1-11 under John Hampton (.083)

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

PonderinHog

Quote from: nextlevel on January 31, 2015, 07:54:27 pm
How often do they come to BWA?

nextlevel

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 31, 2015, 07:57:32 pm

Greene was here last week.

If you were to look at their records over all you would see similar disparities for teams away, I'm not saying they ware biased towards the hogs, they are biased towards the home team.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

mjsphd

Quote from: nextlevel on January 31, 2015, 07:54:27 pm

I guess they never do Kentucky's road games.

nextlevel

Quote from: mjsphd on January 31, 2015, 08:00:51 pm
I guess they never do Kentucky's road games.

Hampton isn't allowed to ref UK games outside of exhibition games since he is an alum, lives in the area, and sells insurance as his day job.

ell oh ell

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 31, 2015, 05:54:55 pm
MA needs to worry about making his team better. In the previous 3 games

Hogs shot 7 more free throws than UT
Hogs shot 7 more free throws than MU
Hogs shot 13 more free throws than Bama

Did the refs win those games for the hogs???
look, ish for brains, those three teams are known for the amount of 3 pointers they take...all three pass the ball around the perimeter then fire up a 3-ball when open..when you don't drive to the basket you don't get fouls....Arkansas, however, took the ball to the basket with more frequency than did UF and for only two ARK players to toe the line for a FT, well something is rotten in Denmark....if you knew anything about basketball I wouldn't have to be explaining "Hoops 101" to you
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 31, 2015, 07:57:32 pm
I have my doubts John Hampton refs a game at BWA for a very very very long time. Especially when people know his name and his face, it won't be a good experience for him.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 31, 2015, 05:16:13 pm
If he gets fined, I'll chip in $20 to help the cause

I've got 20 bucks for it as well.  Glad he did call him out.  SEC officiating is corrupt.  I used to think it was just bad, but you can't be that inept without trying really hard.
Retired Radio Host

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

SloppinItandLovnIt

Easy killer I stepped to far a minute ago and they deleted my post (Rightfully So) Dunno if they will think you pulling it off the NCAA is bad but I posted something I shouldn't have. I guess we aren't the only ones firing vengeance at him. He had to delete his twitter account earlier this afternoon.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: jfred59 on January 31, 2015, 07:50:03 pm
Everyone is focusing on Hampton and rightfully so but lets dont forget that there were two others there and Green was the head Ref and he didnt ask for them to get together when he thought he saw something else.  They are all sorry individuals
True....

Mortgage Hog

http://www.gchinsurance.com/Site/386186496/WhoWeAre.asp

Maybe to personal but what the he!!...  I like our crazy fans. Somebody have fun so we can read about it on Saturday down south!!!

razorbackkid

I'll apologize to all those that I've offended in questionings the guidedance, coaching and viability of our team.  I simply have a difficult time in understanding the techiques like blocking out on rebounds, inbounding a ball, and not allowing the best player on the team to touch the ball is such a sensitive issue among the Hog Nation.  I'm the idiot and hater.  Okay.  I got that.

Please tell me what is right with this team and coach that will help us going forward.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HSVhogfan2

Not going to lose any scholarships because of APR

The team is playing with much more tenacity (although still not enough for this style of play)

Rebounding is still a problem, although blocking out is not as big a problem as most think. There are literally 12-15 times in each game where an AR player will have both hands on the ball and it is taken away. See item 2

Free throw shooting is better than its been in quiet some time

Portis touches will improve when Beard plays more. Can't defend MA for that. It's a two way street though. Portis can help himself (and the team) by reposting effectively when he is forced off the block. The other guys have got to be more patient and not jack up a random 3 because Portis can't get a clean look 10 seconds into the shot clock

Most of the inbounds plays seem to be more geared toward open looks for threes. I would love to see a couple of screens and flash Qualls or Portis to the basket. Not a lot of good passers on this team with the exception of Beard and Madden, though.

MAs idea of practice isn't blarring rap music and playing a two hr pickup game with the team.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

razorbackkid

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 31, 2015, 09:05:19 pm

The team is playing with much more tenacity (although still not enough for this style of play)

Rebounding is still a problem, although blocking out is not as big a problem as most think. There are literally 12-15 times in each game where an AR player will have both hands on the ball and it is taken away. See item 2

Portis touches will improve when Beard plays more. Can't defend MA for that. It's a two way street though. Portis can help himself (and the team) by reposting effectively when he is forced off the block. The other guys have got to be more patient and not jack up a random 3 because Portis can't get a clean look 10 seconds into the shot clock

Most of the inbounds plays seem to be more geared toward open looks for threes. I would love to see a couple of screens and flash Qualls or Portis to the basket. Not a lot of good passers on this team with the exception of Beard and Madden, though.

MAs idea of practice isn't blarring rap music and playing a two hr pickup game with the team.

I suppose this answer is as good as it gets.

+1 for the attempt.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hhicNaychaBoi

That was a sorry call by the ref. Usually at that juncture in the game the ref allows the teams to play and keep their whistles at bay just so a screw up like that doesn't happen. Mike Anderson is a fine coach and has this team off to its best start in over a decade, but today the game  was called one sided. The team played well enough to win but they can't beat the refs.

PORKULATOR

Get em Mike. Your gonna make us proud if you finally fight that damn bear.
Wps
Ny
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogfan10

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 31, 2015, 09:05:19 pm

This isn't meant to be a knock against Beard, but I don't see Portis' touches going up because of Beard. Beard seems to be more of a scorer than he is a distributor. For a PG his assist totals are kinda low.

razorbackkid

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 31, 2015, 09:49:24 pm
Get em Mike. Your gonna make us proud if you finally fight that damn bear.
Wps
Ny
Those bears are much different from the bears he saw 20 something years ago.  Of course he saw Nolan fightin'em'.....being in the ring with'em is a bit different.

HogFanDan

SIAP, Hampton deleted his twitter account not long after the game.
Anderson should refuse to pay any fine until they make serious threats. He should repetitively issue the same statement: "I am going to abide by your rules with the consistency that you choose to enforce them. You'll have to pry this cash out of my cold, dead hand."

azhog10

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 31, 2015, 07:54:04 pm
Enjoying  the loss?  Really?  I hate it.   What I hate is for good players not being coached to their potential.  Do you really think this Florida team is better than this Arkansas team?  If your answer is no then you must question the coaching perspective.  If your answer is yes...then I have no answer or response.

Hater?  Really?  I love the Hogs.  I hate stupid.  I suppose one can have both....I ain't so inclined.
of course we just have a horrible coach. But yet Florida has higher ranked recruits than we do, but it's Ark that has the players who aren't being coached to their potential? Okay yep you don't have an agenda at all.

azhog10

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 31, 2015, 08:27:46 pm
I'll apologize to all those that I've offended in questionings the guidedance, coaching and viability of our team.  I simply have a difficult time in understanding the techiques like blocking out on rebounds, inbounding a ball, and not allowing the best player on the team to touch the ball is such a sensitive issue among the Hog Nation.  I'm the idiot and hater.  Okay.  I got that.

Please tell me what is right with this team and coach that will help us going forward.

:razorback:
Hmmm well we must be doing some things right bc we aren't losing to ETSU and USA anymore. Aren't giving up wide open dunks off a BLOBs play up 1 with 3 seconds to go or whatever it was against UAB before CMA. We are tops in the NCAA in scoring and assists. We force more turnovers and steals than 90% of Ncaa.

Our 3pt defense isn't good but was better today. Free throw shooting is amazingly better than it's been and oh, that's right we are winning more games and more road games than we have in over 15 years.

But yeah CMA doesn't do a single thing right.