Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Even Anderson calls out the refs.

Started by SloppinItandLovnIt, January 31, 2015, 03:49:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SloppinItandLovnIt

I guess I need a bigger TV because I swear I would have recognized Hampton after his screw job on us last year in BWA. You want to direct you anger at someone, JOHN HAMPTON UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY GRADUATE, should be the subject of your blood lust.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

b_stackhouse

Is it just me or does the OP's post have nothing to do with the thread title?

SloppinItandLovnIt

Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Quote from: b_stackhouse on January 31, 2015, 04:01:21 pm
Its just you.

Hogfan1660

I was thinking the same thing! What does Anderson have to do with this thread???

SloppinItandLovnIt

Hogfan1660

Sorry! The link wasn't there when I was posting.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Yeah that would have helped wouldn't it. I posted it secondly after I realized it wasn't in there. Thanks for the heads up.

Martygit

I wonder how much he'll be fined for those comments ::)
RIP OTR, REV

b_stackhouse

Yeah, he's probably gonna get fined. Called out the ref, by name.

b_stackhouse

gmarv

coach a may have decided it was a few bucks to point this jerk out.

Kevin

I am waiting on any coach to just fly to Hoover on a Sunday or Monday, and take their complaints person to person, to the head guy
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

b_stackhouse

Mike mentioned some sort of history with this guy. Anyone know the specifics on that?

bigred223

Glad he called him out. Officiating was one sided from beginning to end, and it is inexcusable.

dsgreen

Quote from: b_stackhouse on January 31, 2015, 04:32:43 pm
Mike mentioned some sort of history with this guy. Anyone know the specifics on that?

https://twitter.com/himagazine/status/561620258906447872

Hawgs Illustrated is saying Mike warned the head referee about the guy before the game.

BigNasty

Yes, john Wilson Hampton.  His Facebook page is littered with UK crap. 

onebadrubi

It's about time.  Now, all the big money boosters that wanted Anderson here (I was not against the Anderson hire) need to step up and cover this for him, if he's fined. 

At some point the league will have to do something, they can not become a mockery of officiating like they have been and not be called out on it. 

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

ROBLYNNM

Good for Coach Anderson.  At some point the SEC has got to put a stop to this nonsense....not just in our games, but in many of the other games as well.  The players, coaches and fans deserve better than this crap. 

Breems

Wow, the free throw disparity was 25-7. That's insane.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hollywood_HOGan45

Woopig69

latrops

Quote from: Breems on January 31, 2015, 05:09:18 pm
Wow, the free throw disparity was 25-7. That's insane.

Yep.  I said in another thread, when our players drove to the basket it was an offensive foul or turnover.  When their players drove to the basket it was a defensive foul and freethrows.  Amazing it was as close as it was given Qualls' struggles and the officiating.

hvsupastar

If he gets fined, I'll chip in $20 to help the cause
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

k.c.hawg

I have never been prouder of one of my coaches! Call that b**** out by name!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

rzrbk4life

Thank you coach A! This jerk needs to be called out.
Let's call those hogs!!!!

MountieDawg

MA needs to worry about making his team better. In the previous 3 games

Hogs shot 7 more free throws than UT
Hogs shot 7 more free throws than MU
Hogs shot 13 more free throws than Bama

Did the refs win those games for the hogs???
SEC!

nextlevel

Quote from: b_stackhouse on January 31, 2015, 04:32:43 pm

Hampton was an athlete at UK and graduated in 1991, there is another former UK athlete during that time frame sitting on Florida's bench...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

latrops

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 31, 2015, 05:54:55 pm

So what you are saying is that the Hogs typically get to the line more than the opponent, yet today we were minus 18, and nothing seems fishy?

Even Gator fans know they got bailed out by a bad call.

Jek Tono Porkins

Agree with the free throw disparity. It was ridiculous. It's not like Billy Donovan's teams aren't physical, either. Total screw job, but hopefully this will unite the team and they'll play better from here on out.

When it comes down to it, yeah, we should have won this game. Guys missed open shots. They made mistakes. But that's going to happen in basketball. The free throw disparity and the absolute BS call at the end decided the outcome of the game.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

nextlevel

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on January 31, 2015, 06:16:08 pm
Agree with the free throw disparity. It was ridiculous. It's not like Billy Donovan's teams aren't physical, either. Total screw job, but hopefully this will unite the team and they'll play better from here on out.

When it comes down to it, yeah, we should have won this game. Guys missed open shots. They made mistakes. But that's going to happen in basketball. The free throw disparity and the absolute BS call at the end decided the outcome of the game.

Most games are won or lost at the free throw line.

However, normally when a team is shooting 100% from the line, they are not -14 in the point disparity from FTs and -19 in FTA as occurred today.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

regi

Exactly, we are an aggressive offensive team, and the only team outside of UK with a dominate post player. Playing an aggressive defensive team like Florida, we should not get out shot at the free throw line. Florida has nobody they can throw the ball inside to,

Danny J

Quote from: dsgreen on January 31, 2015, 04:35:09 pm
https://twitter.com/himagazine/status/561620258906447872

Hawgs Illustrated is saying Mike warned the head referee about the guy before the game.
Infuriating that the bad call still happened and was called by none other than that person halfway across the court. The head official should have stepped in.

hogfan10

Quote from: regi on January 31, 2015, 06:27:34 pm
Exactly, we are an aggressive offensive team, and the only team outside of UK with a dominate post player. Playing an aggressive defensive team like Florida, we should not get out shot at the free throw line. Florida has nobody they can throw the ball inside to,

If there's a coach that gives a classier post game interview, I haven't seen him. Regardless of how we play, MA is always all class. He even calls out the refs with class; no snarkyness, just states his opinion with out being whiney about it.

OldCoot

I typically never call out officials, always say we should have just played where the refs cant screw us.  This was a first class screwjob.

HF#1

Frazier himself when asked if he was fouled...  "The ref made the call and we were fortunate to get the call".

With the foul difference in the game overall on top of that end of game call you will not convince me Florida wasn't given that game on a silver platter.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MountieDawg

Quote from: HF#1 on January 31, 2015, 07:07:05 pm
Frazier himself when asked if he was fouled...  "The ref made the call and we were fortunate to get the call".

With the foul difference in the game overall on top of that end of game call you will not convince me Florida wasn't given that game on a silver platter.

I wasn't talking about the call but the free throw disparity...  The MA and Nolan offenses are all about double teaming, reaching and gambling that usually leads to more fouls.
SEC!

Dirty

Quote from: b_stackhouse on January 31, 2015, 04:01:21 pm

You sound mad?  Is your last name Hampton?

Dirty

Female Dog of the month right herre!

HF#1

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 31, 2015, 07:12:14 pm
I wasn't talking about the call but the free throw disparity...  The MA and Nolan offenses are all about double teaming, reaching and gambling that usually leads to more fouls.

Florida got all the calls when driving to the bucket.  We got 2....   You telling me Qualls wasn't mugged on a few of his drives?  Or Madden wasn't hand checked or pushed? 

They didn't call the game evenly, consistently, on both sides.  It was clearly lopsided and in favor of the Gators.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dirty

Quote from: HF#1 on January 31, 2015, 07:20:37 pm
Florida got all the calls when driving to the bucket.  We got 2....   You telling me Qualls wasn't mugged on a few of his drives?  Or Madden wasn't hand checked or pushed? 

They didn't call the game evenly, consistently, on both sides.  It was clearly lopsided and in favor of the Gators.

This!!!!!

HF#1

We better be careful or this thread will be locked.  Apparently addressing the officiating is frowned upon round hura.

razorbackkid

It's great he has the insight to call out  the ref's, wish he had the ability to coach a team instead of pointing to what may have been wrong.

Suckers gonna suck and losers will make excuses.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorbackkid

Quote from: HF#1 on January 31, 2015, 07:32:40 pm
We better be careful or this thread will be locked.  Apparently addressing the officiating is frowned upon round hura.
I seriously doubt the official's had much to do with the outcome or this threads longevity.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

secfan30

I love the fact that Anderson did that... Needs to happen more often until these refs are replaced

nextlevel

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 31, 2015, 07:38:22 pm
It's great he has the insight to call out  the ref's, wish he had the ability to coach a team instead of pointing to what may have been wrong.

Suckers gonna suck and losers will make excuses.

I'm so glad you're enjoying this loss.

Everyone deserves a chance at happiness in life.

ell oh ell

HF#1

Quote from: razorbackkid on January 31, 2015, 07:40:48 pm
I seriously doubt the official's had much to do with the outcome

How you figure?

secfan30

jfred59

Everyone is focusing on Hampton and rightfully so but lets dont forget that there were two others there and Green was the head Ref and he didnt ask for them to get together when he thought he saw something else.  They are all sorry individuals