Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Mike Anderson's job security go up or down with today's news?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, March 30, 2014, 06:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: klp1 on March 30, 2014, 07:05:46 pm
Are you joking? 
Jimmy is good TV guy.  But He has never been a women's BB Head coach.  SEC women's basketball is traditionally elite.  This is a high risk move for Jimmy and Jeff Long

SEC women's basketball is traditionally elite only because of Pat Summit and Tenner. Kind of like Kentucky and their men's program historically. Since Arkansas has not been traditionally elite in women's BB it isn't that high of a risk. Especially since historically very few people watch WBB.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 31, 2014, 03:48:51 pm
SEC women's basketball is traditionally elite only because of Pat Summit and Tenner. Kind of like Kentucky and their men's program historically. Since Arkansas has not been traditionally elite in women's BB it isn't that high of a risk. Especially since historically very few people watch WBB.

'Scuse me but SEC women's basketball is one of the top conferences every year. 

Hogvillage Idiot

Oh!  So it's Jimmy that got the coaching job.  What a relief.  Must've heard it wrong the first time.  Great hire!
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Athog

Stupid thread!! Will the tennis coach hiring have any impact?? Golf coach? Law School Dean?