Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Mike Anderson's job security go up or down with today's news?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, March 30, 2014, 06:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus_of_Boar

So little Jimmy is coming home.  Should this make Anderson feel more or less secure?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WilsonHog

I can't envision a scenario by which Jimmy would leave the women's team to coach the men, so I'm going with no change at all on Mike's situation.

klp1

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 30, 2014, 06:53:42 pm
So little Jimmy is coming home.  Should this make Anderson feel more or less secure?

Are you joking? 
Jimmy is good TV guy.  But He has never been a women's BB Head coach.  SEC women's basketball is traditionally elite.  This is a high risk move for Jimmy and Jeff Long

jkstock04

Quote from: Tom Bennett on March 30, 2014, 07:02:23 pm
I can't envision a scenario by which Jimmy would leave the women's team to coach the men, so I'm going with no change at all on Mike's situation.
I couldn't have envisioned a scenario where he came here to coach women's basketball.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 30, 2014, 07:05:52 pm
I couldn't have envisioned a scenario where he came here to coach women's basketball.

Okay, you got me there.

hawg IQ

Guys listen,
  Number 1- it couldn be any worse than JL Smith.

Number 2- Bev Lewis fired Gary Blair to get to hire Tom Colen- couldn't be worse than that.

Number-3 if it'll get him off TV > Yeah !
Number 4- When Jeff Long makes a hire, always a surprise, well J Long hiring ? -nuff said.
go hogs go !

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: hawg IQ on March 30, 2014, 07:20:05 pm
Guys listen,

Number 2- Bev Lewis fired Gary Blair to get to hire Tom Colen- couldn't be worse than that.

Number 4- When Jeff Long makes a hire, always a surprise, well J Long hiring ? -nuff said.

Lewis fired Blair to hire Susie Gardner.

Marshfieldhog

hawg IQ

go hogs go !

FineAsSwine

???

I have never seen the coach of a women's team be hired to run a D1 men's program. No threat there.

Hoggish1

What is your question?

popcornhog

I hope I don't sound like a smart ass -- but how would this impact Mike in a positive or negative way?
WPS

FineAsSwine

I don't mean to be a smart ass but I thought we couldn't say "ass" on Hogville without getting our knuckles rapped.

Danny J

Quote from: taterhog on March 30, 2014, 07:25:29 pm
Lewis fired Blair to hire Susie Gardner.
Actually it was White who decided upon Gardner after talking with Summitt.

jchill

Quote from: hawg IQ on March 30, 2014, 07:20:05 pm
Guys listen,

Agree with number three,  I am a little tired of his analysis. It seems so forced at times, like he is trying to emulate Dick Vitale.  There is only one Dickie V baby!!!

latrops

In the unlikely event that Jimmy does turn the women's job into the men's....it doesn't take place for at least a couple of years, and probably several more than that.  Mike will sink or swim before Jimmy is a legit option.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: latrops on March 30, 2014, 09:20:16 pm
In the unlikely event that Jimmy does turn the women's job into the men's....it doesn't take place for at least a couple of years, and probably several more than that.  Mike will sink or swim before Jimmy is a legit option.

Would be first ever in D1. If it didn't happen for Summit or Geno @ UConn, then it wouldn't and shouldn't happen here. Simply preposterous proposition.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 30, 2014, 09:26:23 pm
Would be first ever in D1. If it didn't happen for Summit or Geno @ UConn, then it wouldn't and shouldn't happen here. Simply preposterous proposition.

Would precedent stop our current athletics director from making an attention getting hire?

mhuff

Hoggish1

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 30, 2014, 08:15:41 pm
Actually it was White who decided upon Gardner after talking with Summitt.

White talked with a rival coach to get her recommendation for who should be our coach?   

That's classic John White...

FineAsSwine

Okay Hogville but if we gotta get a woman's coach,  let's go after Geno. Jimmy goes 39-0 and wins national title next year, then revive this question. Until then, let this die.

40MINSOFHELL

Who's going to call the sec basketball games now on ESPN?

PonderinHog

Mike Irwin

Say what?  ???

TruthHog

So some threads asking legitimate questions get sent to Vent N Rumors, and this dreck stays here. Pitiful.
Calmer than you are.

Wild Bill Hog

forrest city joe

This has got to be a joke. Jimmy Dykes affecting Mike Anderson Job. HAHAHAHA. where do some of you people come up with this crap? HAHAHAHA. NO!

acey33

AloRaptor

GuvHog

Quote from: latrops on March 30, 2014, 09:20:16 pm

I agree. Mike Anderson's job security is unchanged by this hire.....for the time being. Whether or not that changes is up to Mike Anderson. As Long as the men's program keeps improving he's not going anywhere.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TrueBlue

The threat is not Jimmy replacing Mike.

The threat would be if Mike continues to not make the tournament and Jimmy turns around the women's program quickly and makes the headlines.

When we start talking about Jimmy instead of Mike around tournament time each year, ...that could present a problem I think. 

40MINSOFHELL

PonderinHog

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

elksnort

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 31, 2014, 09:13:31 am
Dream Team = Bill and Blake!  That would be crazy!

Quote from: elksnort on March 31, 2014, 10:12:35 am
Off topic, but this^^^^^^.

I second the motion. Got lightheaded just thinking about the two of them together. I'd just sit back pour up a double shot. Blaze the duchy and enter the twilight zone.

PonderinHog

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 31, 2014, 10:50:12 am
The OP is fully worthy of a complete derailment.

Uh-huh.  What CMA ought to be frettin' about is how an off-the-wall question about an equally off-the-wall hiring of a TV commentator and walk-on player to coach women's basketball can draw such a defensive response from the fanbase.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 31, 2014, 12:03:42 pm
Uh-huh.  What CMA ought to be frettin' about is how an off-the-wall question about an equally off-the-wall hiring of a TV commentator and walk-on player to coach women's basketball can draw such a defensive response from the fanbase.

Not really, it's the off season.

Justifiable Hogicide

It won't affect Anderson's "job security" as he is untouchable.
But if Anderson continues not making and winning some games in the the NCAAT then the glaring differences of their respective ability to intelligently discuss the intracacies of the game of basketball and their plans during the same season will start to stand out.
Anderson only speaks about the game in worn out and repetitive cliches and that won't contrast very well with Dykes' knowledge of the game and his demonstrated ability to discuss it.

kingofdequeen

Poll Question:

Dumb OP Question?
or
Dumbest OP Question evar?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on March 31, 2014, 02:46:22 pm
It won't affect Anderson's "job security" as he is untouchable.
But if Anderson continues not making and winning some games in the the NCAAT then the glaring differences of their respective ability to intelligently discuss the intracacies of the game of basketball and their plans during the same season will start to stand out.
Anderson only speaks about the game in worn out and repetitive cliches and that won't contrast very well with Dykes' knowledge of the game and his demonstrated ability to discuss it.
And Mike's demonstrated ability to ACTUALLY COACH is to be disregarded?  SMDH

PonderinHog

wilbur

Joe Foley, from UALR, has been the best girls basketball coach in Arkansas for the last 20 years.  Frank Broyles should have hired the guy a long time a go.  That being said, Jimmy Dykes could be a great hire!  He has tremendous exposure and will do well in recruiting....have you seen his wife?  He can't be worse than that female coach they hired to coach the girls a while back.  She was the worst I have ever seen. 

In my opinion, this shows desperation.  Who thinks that the U of A would hire someone with no head coaching experience in mens bball to coach the U of A mens program?  I hope he does well.

Last year, Planned Parent was responsible for "terminating" the lives of 90,000 black babies.  How many black babies did the Confederate flag kill?

Ineptocracy:

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.