Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post your ideas RE: Nolan Richardson Court

Started by Break & Run, March 02, 2014, 12:41:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Not on my home laptop so I don't have photoshop to create in.  Will do so when I get that opportunity.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hoggish1

WilsonHog

Smithian

Quote from: Break & Run on March 02, 2014, 12:41:19 pm

Not on my home laptop so I don't have photoshop to create in.  Will do so when I get that opportunity.
Don't like the idea, but solid photo work.

davidkwill

i like it and also bring back slobberin hog

3kgthog

Put his signature to the left and right of mid-court like OSU did with Sutton court. Either do that for Nolan or name the practice facility after him or his daughter. He's earned it despite what you think of him personally. It's time to stop acting like children, forgive and forget, and show that man thanks for those wonderful memories. He's the only UA coach with a national title and no building or statue in his honor. That is a travesty.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Break & Run on March 02, 2014, 12:41:19 pm

Love the idea, don't like the flow or sound of Nolan Richardson court.  Lets use his first or last name only, preferably first, and make a catchy phrase.  When someone is prominent they are known by first names only.  Tiger, Lebron, etc.  Nolan is that to Arkansas basketball

Break & Run

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2014, 01:09:05 pm
Love the idea, don't like the flow or sound of Nolan Richardson court.  Lets use his first or last name only, preferably first, and make a catchy phrase.  When someone is prominent they are known by first names only.  Tiger, Lebron, etc.  Nolan is that to Arkansas basketball

Rollin' With Nolan

lol
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

onebadrubi

Quote from: Smithian on March 02, 2014, 12:49:06 pm

Do you have anything AT ALL positive to say or like?  Everything I have seen you say is putting down, unappreciative, and pessimistic.  Get over yourself and enjoy life some, geeze

onebadrubi

Quote from: Break & Run on March 02, 2014, 01:09:45 pm
Rollin' With Nolan

lol

Haha I love that saying and our basketball pace of play, but to put it on the court?  Haha I wouldn't complain, just don't know if many would like it?? 

rzrbackramsfan

I'd prefer to name it mike Anderson's court.  It would give him a lot of authority to his players.

Smithian

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2014, 01:11:36 pm
Do you have anything AT ALL positive to say or like?  Everything I have seen you say is putting down, unappreciative, and pessimistic.  Get over yourself and enjoy life some, geeze
I love life and sports plays very little in my life outlook. So I am negative because I don't like the idea of naming the court after Richardson? It will probably happen eventually, but I don't like it.

Don't selectively read posts and you'll see I have plenty positive to say. But to make you feel better, I had a great time at the game yesterday. Good to see BWA fill up for a game against a non-name opponent.

Psychohog

Do it. I'd prefer to have Nolan's signature on the Court
Never smarten up a chump.

Athog

GuvHog

Quote from: Smithian on March 02, 2014, 12:49:06 pm

Here we go again.....  ::) ::)

I don't like the idea for 1 reason: Nolan made Bud Walton Arena a necessity, not just the court. Without Nolan Richardson there would be no BWA so he deserves more than to have the court Named after him. Here is my proposal:

WALTON
RICHARDSON
ARENA

Save the court for the next coach who leads the Hogs to multiple Final Fours and at least one national title.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 02, 2014, 01:17:37 pm
I'd prefer to name it mike Anderson's court.  It would give him a lot of authority to his players.

He hasn't earned it yet but if the latter part of this season is any indication, he will pretty soon.....
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HVHog

HVHog

Quote from: Hambulance Chaser on March 02, 2014, 01:28:19 pm
How about the:

"I Asked to be Fired on National TC Court" or

"I Called My Boss a White-haired Devil Court" or

"There's Gonna be Rioting in the Street and Tanks Converging on the Campus Court" or

"ESPN Did a Special 30 - 30 Documentary that was Supposed to Be About the University of Arkansas National Championship Season in 1994 but All We Did was Talk About Me Court"

"I Sued the School Whose Nubile Fanbase now Wants to Name the Court After Me Court"

Should I continue?

Why some of y'all wanna do this is beyond me

This. ^

Break & Run

How about the:

"I Asked to be Fired on National TV Court" or

"There's Gonna be Rioting in the Street and Tanks Converging on the Campus Court" or

"ESPN Did a Special 30 - 30 Documentary that was Supposed to Be About the University of Arkansas National Championship Season in 1994 but All We Did was Talk About Me Court"

"I Sued the School Whose Nubile Fanbase now Wants to Name the Court After Me Court"

Should I continue?

Only 1 national championship in football, Broyles has "Broyles Field".

Only 1 national championship in basketball, Richardson deserves "Richardson Court", etc.

hobhog

Quote from: Break & Run on March 02, 2014, 01:32:05 pm
Only 1 national championship in football, Broyles has "Broyles Field".

Only 1 national championship in basketball, Richardson deserves "Richardson Court", etc.

Really?

When people think of Frank they think Arkansas. He did more as an AD than he did as a football coach, AND won a National Championship. He built the athletic department thru fundraising and power, including BWA, not Nolan.

When people think of Nolan, They think of racism and an ugly ending. Not sure I want that every time I turn on the TV.

Sorry. Bridge is still burnt IMO.

When people

Danny J

Bring back Slobberin hog also.

Get it done Mr. Long.

Breems

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on March 02, 2014, 01:24:40 pm
Here we go again.....  ::) ::)

I don't like the idea for 1 reason: Nolan made Bud Walton Arena a necessity, not just the court. Without Nolan Richardson there would be no BWA so he deserves more than to have the court Named after him. Here is my proposal:

WALTON
RICHARDSON
ARENA

Save the court for the next coach who leads the Hogs to multiple Final Fours and at least one national title.

Have you given up Sutton court?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: hobhog on March 02, 2014, 01:40:12 pm
Really?

When people think of Frank they think Arkansas. He did more as an AD than he did as a football coach, AND won a National Championship. He built the athletic department thru fundraising and power, including BWA, not Nolan.

When people think of Nolan, They think of racism and an ugly ending. Not sure I want that every time I turn on the TV.

When people

Yeah, I don't think of that stuff when I think of Nolan. At all.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

bville_hog

Really?

When people

You have an extremely one sided view there.  Broyles did some good things, but also some very very bad things.  He burnt just as many bridges if not more than Nolan.

onebadrubi

Really?

When people

When people think of Nolan about 90% of them think attacking uptempo type of basketball that won.  Few still cling to the spiral you are mentioning, and to say Nolan is all to blame is ridiculous.  Holtz, hattfield, Nolan, frank was capable of running off winning coaches.  That's gives me just enough reason to say in my head there was things we never will know about behind the scenes that lead to a blow up. 

Lets leave it on the court, what did this guy do for Razorback basketball?  More than any other one single human being is accredited for.

hobhog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 02, 2014, 01:44:53 pm
Yeah, I don't think of that stuff when I think of Nolan. At all.

Then you didn't live it.

I read the UGA board yesterday and they made the comment that Nolan looked old. Next reply  to the comment was "racism will do that to you".

Nationally his rep is not the greatest in that area.

Break & Run

Quote from: hobhog on March 02, 2014, 01:47:55 pm
Then you didn't live it.

I read the UGA board yesterday and they made the comment that Nolan looked old. Next reply  to the comment was "racism will do that to you".

Yes because one UGA fan makes up the whole nation's view of Richardson, right?

The real Hogules

How about the:

"I Asked to be Fired on National TV Court" or

Should I continue?

Maybe because some of us a smart enough to appreciate and remember the good times and don't spend apparently as much time as you dwelling on the way it ended.

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on March 02, 2014, 01:27:38 pm
He hasn't earned it yet but if the latter part of this season is any indication, he will pretty soon.....

I can get behind Walton Richardson Arena....but go ahead and make it complete with Eddie Sutton Court.

Temperature is dropping in hell as we speak.

bville_hog

Then you didn't live it.

What do you know about who lived through what?  I lived through Broyles as UofA coach, plus had season tickets the whole time Nolan was coach in Bud Walton arena.  You don't get to speak for everyone.  Have you opinion but let everyone else have their's.

hobhog

Quote from: bville_hog on March 02, 2014, 01:45:42 pm
You have an extremely one sided view there.  Broyles did some good things, but also some very very bad things.  He burnt just as many bridges if not more than Nolan.

Broyles had his faults, no doubt. But this is about Nolan and if we want his name representing our university. Believe me, many people are still angry about it. I've moved on but not sure I want his name on our court. Won't support it but won't kill me either.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: davidkwill on March 02, 2014, 01:02:58 pm
i like it and also bring back slobberin hog

All hail Slobberin' Hog!  Agreed

Also, I know its going to be named after some rich old person, but a good compromise would be naming the new practice facility/complex after Nolan as mentioned above. 

Piggfoot

I do not like the idea of naming our main court after Nolan for the reasons some stated above. However I do like the conception of the court as presented.
If and when we build a practice facility. I have no problem with nameing that court in Nolan and Sutton's honor. However I couldn't support the idea wholeheartedly. Neither man left Arkansas with dignity. Nolan and perhaps Eddie will perhaps be honored in the future sometime at Halftime along with their players. That should be enough.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

WilsonHog

Then you didn't live it.

I "lived it."

In fact, I was one of Nolan's most vocal critics - for which I am still ashamed.

When I think of Nolan, I have no negative thoughts at all.

The real Hogules

Really?

When people

All of those people thinking that JFB is the end all be all of UofA athletics are the same idiots that thought that Razorbacks fans wanting to dump HDN were clearly out of their minds.

I couldn't give two hoots in #E!! what non-Razorback fans think about issues concerning our Razorbacks program.

Nolan did more for UofA mens basketball than all other UofA head basketball coaches combined, and that includes Eddie Sutton, who revised his parting statement to read he would have crawled to Kentucky to get away from JFB (AKA the white haired devil)!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hobhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 02, 2014, 01:52:42 pm
I "lived it."

In fact, I was one of Nolan's most vocal critics - for which I am still ashamed.

When I think of Nolan, I have no negative thoughts at all.

That's impressive. I'll never forget the national outbursts and lawsuit. Even his best friends were dragged thru the mud. It was ugly and I have moved on, but can't just forget it.

ricepig

Quote from: qdoc on March 02, 2014, 01:51:43 pm
I do not like the idea of naming our main court after Nolan for the reasons some stated above. However I do like the conception of the court as presented.
If and when we build a practice facility. I have no problem with nameing that court in Nolan and Sutton's honor. However I couldn't support the idea wholeheartedly. Neither man left Arkansas with dignity. Nolan and perhaps Eddie will perhaps be honored in the future sometime at Halftime along with their players. That should be enough.

Hmm, kind of did with the Final 4 day??

bville_hog

Eddie's problems here had more to do with alcohol than anything else. We probably dodged a bullet if he had stayed.  Remember all the trouble he got Kentucky into and remember what eventually happened with his number one assistant Bill Brown.  Didn't he turn out to be a drug dealer.

onebadrubi

Then you didn't live it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH NOLAN'S REP OFF THE COURT IN THAT AREA?  You saying they are mad a black coach won?  If UGA people are mad at someone about racism, Ray Charles says hi

BrooklynRoss

We should have "Family Circus"-style footprints on the court indicating where Nolan went Strollin' against Texas.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

hobhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2014, 02:03:11 pm
WHAT IS WRONG WITH NOLAN'S REP OFF THE COURT IN THAT AREA?  You saying they are mad a black coach won?  If UGA people are mad at someone about racism, Ray Charles says hi

My point is I think Nolan has a bad reputation nationally due to the way everything ended. He unsuccessfully sued the university over racism issues and that's what people remember. Maybe not.....

hambone

Quote from: hobhog on March 02, 2014, 01:56:43 pm
That's impressive. I'll never forget the national outbursts and lawsuit. Even his best friends were dragged thru the mud. It was ugly and I have moved on, but can't just forget it.

I'll never forget the national title. All the featured games on ESPN, etc.

I guess misery is a choice.

The_Iceman

If we dont put his name on the court, we should at least put a statue of him outside the West entrance of BWA.

If we do put his name on it, it doesnt need to be in the middle like the picture. I think black ink with "Nolan Richardson Court" or "Nolan's Court" in the top right or bottom left corner.

hobhog

Quote from: bville_hog on March 02, 2014, 02:00:54 pm
Eddie's problems here had more to do with alcohol than anything else. We probably dodged a bullet if he had stayed.  Remember all the trouble he got Kentucky into and remember what eventually happened with his number one assistant Bill Brown.  Didn't he turn out to be a drug dealer.

Eddie had issues for sure and left under bad circumstances, just like Nolan. There is nothing named after Sutton as far as I know.

hambone

Quote from: hobhog on March 02, 2014, 02:06:46 pm
My point is I think Nolan has a bad reputation nationally due to the way everything ended. He unsuccessfully sued the university over racism issues and that's what people remember. Maybe not.....

Funny, I only heard Bob Knight saying good things about Nolan during the Kentucky game.

Same for the broadcast team of the Georgia game.

That you believe he has a tarnished image nationally may say more about you than it does Nolan.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

hambone

Quote from: hobhog on March 02, 2014, 02:08:45 pm
Eddie had issues for sure and left under bad circumstances, just like Nolan. There is nothing named after Sutton as far as I know.

I must have missed the part where Sutton won a NC here.

hobhog

Quote from: hambone on March 02, 2014, 02:07:46 pm
I'll never forget the national title. All the featured games on ESPN, etc.

I guess misery is a choice.

I went to Nolans TV shows back in the day and was a big fan. Went to Charlotte to experience 4 days of Hog fan nirvana. Doesn't change what happened and I'm not miserable. Just don't think it's a good idea. If it happens, so be it. I don't think it will.

hambone

Quote from: hobhog on March 02, 2014, 02:11:48 pm
I went to Nolans TV shows back in the day and was a big fan. Went to Charlotte to experience 4 days of Hog fan nirvana. Doesn't change what happened and I'm not miserable. Just don't think it's a good idea. If it happens, so be it. I don't think it will.

I think it will. I think the old guard like yourself got Nolan's finger stuck in your eyes up to his third knuckle.

Your kind of "thinking" is a dying breed and loses power in our program with each passing day. The day will come when Richardson is rightly recognized in some way by the school.

Knowing that it upsets people like you will only make that day sweeter.