Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have a Team

Started by WilsonHog, March 02, 2014, 09:17:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mind and attitude change is the #1 thing that has brought this group together as a TEAM.  We've had equally talented squads over the past 15 years but they never seemed to be all for one and one for all.  By the 3rd conference game, they were mentally beat for the season.  These Guys have learned to believe and start using what talent they have.  If this new decent free throw shooting can keep up, we'll win a few with that alone.  I also think they're math skills have gotten better.  They now realize those 5 plays they took off to start the second half where they gave up a quick 10 points is what got them beat by 2 points at games end.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: HogFan#1 on March 02, 2014, 08:09:10 pm
I think a few things have come together to help this team come together...

1. The suspension of Harris and Qualls absolutely sent a message.

2. Everybody is contributing.  Up and down the bench.

2A. Madden has somewhat struggled offensively the last 3-4 games.  He is still finding ways to be effective without costing the team any W's and his team mates are stepping up for him.  Qualls, Gulley, Wade, and recently Scott have all picked up their shooting it seems.  I thought Madden's tre (from the hog snout no less) to stop Georgia's run was the key play in the game.

Finally, Saturday really took me back to the 90's.  Possibly for the first time in Mike's tenure.  The win against Kentucky in BWA was loud and exciting but vs Georgia that arena was at full throat for almost 40 minutes.  The best way to gauge if we are doing everything right is to look and see if we are frustrating everyone on the opposing bench.  From the players to the coaches.  I think we saw that Saturday.  Mark Fox was beside himself most of the game.  Got T'd up due to that frustration.

We are rolling and I'm not sure we will be stopped until we see Florida again.  It's possible we slip up but if we didn't see it against a good Georgia squad then I don't see a slip up against Ole Miss or Bama.
That's very good stuff, I agree. Couple things:
I feel like Bama is the tougher test than Ole Miss. It's on the road and Bama plays ugly and forces other teams to do so as well. I think we win but it will go down to the wire.

My one criticism of this team is that they don't have a killer instinct. We seem to relax a bit when we get up 7-12 points and invariably the other team gets back in it.

HF#1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 02, 2014, 08:20:50 pm
That's very good stuff, I agree. Couple things:
I feel like Bama is the tougher test than Ole Miss. It's on the road and Bama plays ugly and forces other teams to do so as well. I think we win but it will go down to the wire.

My one criticism of this team is that they don't have a killer instinct. We seem to relax a bit when we get up 7-12 points and invariably the other team gets back in it.

That is true about the killer instinct to an extent.  I would contend that both teams cooled off more than we let up.  And Georgia was way too wore down to overcome the 15 point lead we had built.  When they cut it to 5 or 3 and Madden hit that three, I knew the game was in hand.

We still have some troubles vs zone with certain lineups.  Georgia was effective when they went to zone but they could never sustain anything due to the relentless defense.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Quote from: thirtythree on March 02, 2014, 07:23:34 pm
I loved Pel. I loved what he stood for.

That being said, it is time to get away from who recruited who and who did/done this.

It is time to be behind this team as they are Razorbacks...Not specific recruits.

Why? After all mike not having all "his guys" was good enough for an excuse when the team was struggling.  Wade especially took a lot of unwarranted grief here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogsanity on March 02, 2014, 09:32:10 pm
Why? After all mike not having all "his guys" was good enough for an excuse when the team was struggling.  Wade especially took a lot of unwarranted grief here.
Just enjoy that we're winning and drop all the other crap.

I defended Wade on here for years and now everyone is finally seeing his value. Big deal, I don't care as long as we're winning.

thirtythree

I understand and agree that wade took grief. There is a point where enough is enough. Let's enjoy HogBall. I don't care who recruited who. They are all Razorbacks to me.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 02, 2014, 12:36:34 pm
More and more people @ KY are starting to realize that Cal's style of continuous abrasive, abusive, upbraiding, has ruined what chemistry can be had with "one and dones."

He is not long for that job, IMO
Well he did just win a NC in 2012
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Hard to argue that the biggest contributors are Mike's guys, really no reason to bring this up.  Just enjoy the winning
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/