Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can some people honestly believe the Hogs are "almost there"?

Started by hogsanity, February 06, 2014, 08:25:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hog Addict on February 28, 2014, 05:13:46 pm
Not trying to start an argument or anything. Just think its a fair statement to say that, while we didn't play well for stretches, we were at no point this year not close, that's all.

I wasn't aware that I was in the camp saying we weren't close.

hamARchy in the USA

February 28, 2014, 07:42:39 pm #301 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:24:16 pm by hamARchy in the USA
Quote from: Breems on February 28, 2014, 07:24:57 pm
Not a win. 6 of the last 7, including 3 road wins, 1 @ Rupp Arena.

You're one of the few "true" non-fans left that are simply here to bash the coach. Get lost.

Trends and track records, which go unrecognized in cult circles, are powerful predictors. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=562185.msg8821080#msg8821080

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Breems on February 28, 2014, 07:24:57 pm
Not a win. 6 of the last 7, including 3 road wins, 1 @ Rupp Arena.

You're one of the few "true" non-fans left that are simply here to bash the coach. Get lost.
Breems easily dismisses hamarchy and goes to the line to ice the game....M-V-P..M-V-P, M-V-P!

Breems

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 28, 2014, 07:47:40 pm
Breems easily dismisses hamarchy and goes to the line to ice the game....M-V-P..M-V-P, M-V-P!

#IPromise

Two young stars doin' work. You have a 5 game lead on the next in line for next year's MVP. Just make sure you have a strong postseason and the deal is sealed.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on February 28, 2014, 07:42:39 pm
Trends and track records, which go unrecognized in cult circles, are powerful predictors. 

That's good, then. The power of the predictors indicates we will continue to trend up and Elite Eights are on the horizon. Hope you can find a new hobby in the meantime. Surely there will be some rebuilding years you can jump in on.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Breems on February 28, 2014, 08:43:14 pm
That's good, then. The power of the predictors indicates we will continue to trend up and Elite Eights are on the horizon. Hope you can find a new hobby in the meantime. Surely there will be some rebuilding years you can jump in on.

In progress ...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=555502.msg8626794#msg8626794

GlassofSwine

The trends also point that once MA gets a team to the NCAAT he goes every year after. Let's assume for a second that we close out strong and get in this year. I guess we can comfortably say we expect to be in the tournament every year as long as he remains coach at Arkansas.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 28, 2014, 09:15:39 pm
  The trends also point that once MA gets a team to the NCAAT he goes every year after. Let's assume for a second that we close out strong and get in this year. I guess we can comfortably say we expect to be in the tournament every year as long as he remains coach at Arkansas.

We certainly can say that his subsequent teams get weaker and then he heads for the exits.

Breems

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on February 28, 2014, 09:56:04 pm
We certainly can say that his subsequent teams get weaker and then he heads for the exits.

Just a pure hater.

You've all but lost the rest of your crew. I commend you for keeping a sinking ship afloat amid these troubled times.

Randy Johnson

Nolan had 21 wins his 3rd year! We now have 19. I think the last time we had over 20 wins was a few years ago. I'd say we are there!

GlassofSwine

Bill Self made 3 appearances in the NCAA tourney with Illinois, doing worse each year. His first 3 appearances at Kansas he did worse every year. It would have been stupid at that point to say that he had hit his ceiling.

The logical conclusion from the data is that once Mike Anderson gets to the tournament he will continue to field tournament teams every year and that 33% of the time his teams will advance to at least the Sweet Sixteen.  That is behind the 44-46% percent rate that Nolan and Eddie Sutton had while here. However Nolan Richardson never made it out of the first rd at Tulsa before getting hired and Eddie Sutton only had one good season at Creighton before being hired.

At this point Mike Anderson has shown continued improvement each year and considering our core group of talent is young there is no reason to expect that to drop off.

In conclusion,  you are the type of fan who probably is hoping for a Georgia Win tomorrow so you can come on here and bash Anderson and this team rather than enjoy what looks like the best season we have had in 7 years. If this team somehow wins out and wins one in the SEC tourney this could be the best Arkansas team in over 15 years, but you would rather complain.

XX

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 28, 2014, 06:58:28 pm
Hey,everybody!  Are we there yet?  Maybe, maybe not, but we're close.  Many of us have been saying it all damn year.  Great win last night!  :razorback:

Shall we?
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

Hog Addict

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 28, 2014, 07:39:44 pm
I wasn't aware that I was in the camp saying we weren't close.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus. Like I said in my previous post, I was talking to you, just using a post you made to get a point across.

And I said multiple times, I am not trying to offend or start an argument. No need to perceive ever post with a differing opinion to be attacking you.

Tejas_Pete

I can't even put into words how excited I am. I moved to Arkansas in 2002 and it seems I always got my hopes up for Hog basketball only to be crushed. I feel like we're finally there. Can't wait to see the Bud packed out tonight.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 01, 2014, 12:06:47 am

Bill Self made 3 appearances in the NCAA tourney with Illinois, doing worse each year. His first 3 appearances at Kansas he did worse every year. It would have been stupid at that point to say that he had hit his ceiling.

The logical conclusion from the data is that once Mike Anderson gets to the tournament he will continue to field tournament teams every year and that 33% of the time his teams will advance to at least the Sweet Sixteen.  That is behind the 44-46% percent rate that Nolan and Eddie Sutton had while here. However Nolan Richardson never made it out of the first rd at Tulsa before getting hired and Eddie Sutton only had one good season at Creighton before being hired.

At this point Mike Anderson has shown continued improvement each year and considering our core group of talent is young there is no reason to expect that to drop off.

In conclusion,  you are the type of fan who probably is hoping for a Georgia Win tomorrow so you can come on here and bash Anderson and this team rather than enjoy what looks like the best season we have had in 7 years. If this team somehow wins out and wins one in the SEC tourney this could be the best Arkansas team in over 15 years, but you would rather complain.

As noted a number of times before, top coaches such as Bill Self, Eddie Sutton, and Nolan Richardson were quick to turn around programs and win outright conference championships.  Multiple times.   The championship foundations they laid in their conferences set the stage for national success.

In his twelfth year as a head coach MA has never had a team win one outright conference championship.  He's yet to even build a program that was a consistent winner.   The reality flies in the face of the continuing propaganda around here and that obviously is a thorn in the side of the cult people as demonstrated by the childish attacks on posters who prefer to see things as they are.   

The future can be see in the trends and track records.  Take an honest look and watch the seasons follow the script. 

If competing for championships is secondary to who is standing on the sidelines then it's a moot point.  If striving to be the best is the objective then recognizing what is happening is paramount.

AF74Razorback

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on March 01, 2014, 12:35:21 pm
As noted a number of times before, top coaches such as Bill Self, Eddie Sutton, and Nolan Richardson were quick to turn around programs and win outright conference championships.  Multiple times.   The championship foundations they laid in their conferences set the stage for national success.

In his twelfth year as a head coach MA has never had a team win one outright conference championship.  He's yet to even build a program that was a consistent winner.   The reality flies in the face of the continuing propaganda around here and that obviously is a thorn in the side of the cult people as demonstrated by the childish attacks on posters who prefer to see things as they are.   

The future can be see in the trends and track records.  Take an honest look and watch the seasons follow the script. 

If competing for championships is secondary to who is standing on the sidelines then it's a moot point.  If striving to be the best is the objective then recognizing what is happening is paramount.

I really despise MA  bashers.   Take that same nonsense and apply it to teams like UCLA.  If ever there was a program who completely ruled it was they.   But they have never replicated that feat outside the 1995 win over our beloved Hogs.

I am so sick of this sniping and belligerence.   There is no need for it and it is a bore.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: AF74Razorback on March 01, 2014, 12:52:58 pm
I really despise MA  bashers.   Take that same nonsense and apply it to teams like UCLA.  If ever there was a program who completely ruled it was they.   But they have never replicated that feat outside the 1995 win over our beloved Hogs.

I am so sick of this sniping and belligerence.   There is no need for it and it is a bore.

You want a one sided view. ham has what would be considered an unpopular position here yet he presents his view in a respectful and clear way or has at least in this thread compared to those replying to his posts.  The sniping and belligerence isn't coming from posters like ham.  I will give it to those who are doing the sniping.  It is keeping out some potential quality posters and is limiting discussion.  That is their goal and it is succeeding. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AWHAWG

So would you want to take a chance on some else who has no history here and they start to win and they will stay even if their alma mater or a Kansas comes calling? Hmmm sounds like hater stuff to me. What do you want?

Breems

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2014, 01:02:31 pm
It is keeping out some potential quality posters and is limiting discussion.  That is their goal and it is succeeding. 

Good. I hope I'm part of that.

Breems

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 28, 2014, 07:47:40 pm

Congratulations on making Atlhogfan1's sig line. Had he exhibited this behavior earlier, his name would be far removed from the middle-ground award.

GlassofSwine

Eddie Sutton was not quick to turnaround programs. In 5 years at Creighton, he only won more than 15 games one time, that was in year 5. At Arkansas it was year 3 before he did anything. Year 4 was his best year as a coach. Should we demean him because he never got above 30 wins again at Arkansas and never improved upon that teams postseason finish?

Nolan Richardson took 3 years to make the NCAA tournament. If Mike Anderson makes the NCAAT this year he will be even in accomplishments and actually be better by record than Nolan.

Before these coaches got to Arkansas outside of Nolan's NIT win they never did anything to show they would have success at Arkansas as a coach.

Your argument is based in bias and ignorance. By your reasoning these 2 coaches should have never had success at Arkansas. By your argument Mike Kryyzewski was a terrible hire by Duke.His best season was year 2 at Army . It took him to year 4 to make the NCAA and be .500 in conference.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2014, 01:12:19 pm
Good. I hope I'm part of that.

You are.

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2014, 01:15:52 pm
Congratulations on making Atlhogfan1's sig line. Had he exhibited this behavior earlier, his name would be far removed from the middle-ground award.

Thank you Breems for the recognition.  I apologize if I've disrespected or offended you. 

BB has decided to go after me so we are going to do this as long as he wants. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2014, 01:15:52 pm
It's an honor to be standing next to Mhuff on that aforementioned sig line. Mhuff is one of my favorites on here.

It's all good Breems, a winning streak can make haters stick out like a sore thumb.

Let's hope the haters who have been dying to come post for the last 3 weeks don't get a chance to do so tonight. They are chomping at the bit. As annoying as guys like Hamarchy, sanity, atl can be as haters, at least they post here after wins.

Nipsey Mussle

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2014, 01:02:31 pm
You want a one sided view. ham has what would be considered an unpopular position here yet he presents his view in a respectful and clear way or has at least in this thread compared to those replying to his posts.  The sniping and belligerence isn't coming from posters like ham.  I will give it to those who are doing the sniping.  It is keeping out some potential quality posters and is limiting discussion.  That is their goal and it is succeeding.

I can present a racist or homophobic argument in a respectful manner, that doesn't mean the opinion driving the statement is not based in ignorance, bias or bigotry.

Dirty

When the hogs win it makes M A coaching hire even better.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 01, 2014, 01:18:53 pm
Eddie Sutton was not quick to turnaround programs. In 5 years at Creighton, he only won more than 15 games one time, that was in year 5. At Arkansas it was year 3 before he did anything. Year 4 was his best year as a coach. Should we demean him because he never got above 30 wins again at Arkansas and never improved upon that teams postseason finish?

Nolan Richardson took 3 years to make the NCAA tournament. If Mike Anderson makes the NCAAT this year he will be even in accomplishments and actually be better by record than Nolan.

Before these coaches got to Arkansas outside of Nolan's NIT win they never did anything to show they would have success at Arkansas as a coach.

Your argument is based in bias and ignorance. By your reasoning these 2 coaches should have never had success at Arkansas. By your argument Mike Kryyzewski was a terrible hire by Duke.His best season was year 2 at Army . It took him to year 4 to make the NCAA and be .500 in conference.

Some big differences.  Do you want to do this or just take away you have your belief which I respect, ham has his and I have mine about where this is going?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 01, 2014, 01:20:31 pm
It's an honor to be standing next to Mhuff on that aforementioned sig line. Mhuff is one of my favorites on here.

It's all good Breems, a winning streak can make haters stick out like a sore thumb.

Let's hope the haters who have been dying to come post for the last 3 weeks don't get a chance to do so tonight. They are chomping at the bit. As annoying as guys like Hamarchy, sanity, atl can be as haters, at least they post here after wins.

30 days ago you were openly discussing the possibility of Anderson being fired after next season.  You made a number of posts that could be considered "hater" by your definition.  It is okay though for you to do it in your view.  Others can't have their views. I have many more examples of your hypocrisy that will be rotated in as long as you want to continue calling posters out. 

Breems

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2014, 01:27:50 pm
30 days ago you were openly discussing the possibility of Anderson being fired after next season.  You made a number of posts that could be considered "hater" by your definition.  It is okay though for you to do it in your view.  Others can't have their views. I have many more examples of your hypocrisy that will be rotated in as long as you want to continue calling posters out. 

We were losing a bunch of games. We are now winning a bunch of games. It's not hypocrisy. It's reacting appropriately to the situation at hand.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2014, 01:23:17 pm
Some big differences.  Do you want to do this or just take away you have your belief which I respect, ham has his and I have mine about where this is going?

This is a public message board. If you don't want your opinion critiqued than don't post your opinion. If you post an unpopular opinion you should expect it to come under fire. That should be a given. A biased message board is not the place to come and demand that your opinion has to be respected.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2014, 01:29:09 pm
We were losing a bunch of games. We are now winning a bunch of games. It's not hypocrisy. It's reacting appropriately to the situation at hand.

Appropriate in your judgment.  Let's not do this Breems.  Leave this between BB and myself.  He wanted to do this.  He made it personal in his replies and PM's.  He is the one disrespecting the board's rules by calling posters out whom he doesn't agree with so he can step up. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 01, 2014, 01:30:25 pm
This is a public message board. If you don't want your opinion critiqued than don't post your opinion. If you post an unpopular opinion you should expect it to come under fire. That should be a given. A biased message board is not the place to come and demand that your opinion has to be respected.

Demand?  I'm good with having my opinion critiqued.  It makes for a good board. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2014, 01:27:50 pm
I said he needs to start winning or could be fired after next season, right? He started winning, right?

Discussion=over

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 01, 2014, 01:38:12 pm
I said he needs to start winning or could be fired after next season, right? He started winning, right?

Discussion=over

If you want it to be, I'm good with it and will remove the signature line and we can move on. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2014, 01:41:33 pm
If you want it to be, I'm good with it and will remove the signature line and we can move on.
If you ever whine about wins again, me and Breems will strike down upon you with great vengeance and furrrrrrrious anger!

I'm jk, we're good. The sig can stay, it's up to you.

Now it's me and xxxalleyxxx arguing in the recruiting forum in the launius thread. I think you'll enjoy lol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 01, 2014, 01:54:14 pm
If you ever whine about wins again, me and Breems will strike down upon you with great vengeance and furrrrrrrious anger!

I'm jk, we're good. The sig can stay, it's up to you.

Already gone.

Atlhogfan1

ArkILHog

Track records are a given at Arkansas.  I cant believe the negativity about a very good win at Rupp.

The_Iceman

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 06, 2014, 08:25:47 am
Hey, they won last night, and at the end of the year it is a W in the record, BUT to watch that and say " they are alomst there" you have to either be drunk, smoking something, not very bright, or are just saying it to drive debate. 

Everyone NOT named Bobby Portis shot 20% ( 8-40) from 2pt range and ZERO (0-11) from 3pt range.  The guards are driving into traffic and either throwing up bad shots, or losing the ball more than ever. Also, Bama stayed in the game by getting layups off our press. Yes, a team that was shooting as poorly as the Hogs were, except for 1 guy, and Mike continued to press them, for the love of all that is good, WHY!

And no help is coming next year, nothing more than what we have now, just in different bodies.  They are the same type players for the most part.

Haha the hogs would go on to just miss the tourney, make the NIT, and be the second best team in the sec over the next three years.