Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Georgia

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 18, 2014, 11:59:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

onebadrubi

At 9:00 mins in regulation, Andwrson saw us go 4:00 minutes without a FG.  He needed to call a timeout and draw up a guaranteed 2 point play, instead he waiting till the end to draw up a 3 point heave.  Anderson I've taken up for you a lot, but you've been miserably out coached against 3 out of 4 SEC games... Coincident he only out couches Cal?  Some day an awful coach but a always salesman or recruiter? 

jfred59

Another road game, another road lose.....who really cares anymore

latrops

Quote from: pheine78 on January 18, 2014, 03:08:31 pm
Well, at least we are getting closer...maybe next time out we will finally win one.

Vandy is probably the only shot we have on the road this year.

As always....maybe next year.

Dirty

Mike needs to start yelling!  Quit treating this team like babies!

hogs25

Tejano Jawg

And...Georgia ends up winning comfortably.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

lookawayquick

Pathetic display of basketball.  No leader.  Selfish, timid play. 

99toLife

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 18, 2014, 03:11:35 pm
Outrebounded 55-31
People on here have been saying rebounds are no big deal when you play the fastest 40 minutes of Hawg Ball.   ::)

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Baconator

I can't believe I wasted my electricity on this.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

slobberinhog

Music City Hog

It's a joke.  Our basketball team and football teams keep competing for biggest joke.  Seems to be a tie right now. 

nobballconcept

This program is a joke. 40 minutes of deadball

SavageHog

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 18, 2014, 03:13:54 pm
Pathetic display of basketball.  No leader.  Selfish, timid play.
with 2.25 million going out the door every year...at least we got one conference win in hoops...we got ZERO in football ....and the Band Plays On
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BassinHawg

Mike shows his genius with the time out, he rode Nolan's coat tail and that's the only reason he got the job at Arkansas.

I said to be careful what you asked for when you wanted Anderson. Haphazard run and gun pick up basketball will not work in this day. You need some old style fundamentals for close games and he does not have that.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

titsonboar

Bad coaching during our 7 minute scoreless play. We are a perimeter shooting team only and that will never win in the SEC.

Music City Hog

ifghog

Hard to believe we make the tourney at this point. Period.

elkhog

Quote from: ICEman on January 18, 2014, 02:57:17 pm
I can see this road loss charade continuing for years as long as Mike is at the helm.

Agreed.  This game was winnable.  I really am starting to think one or none this year.  No excuse.  There really is no excuse.
GO HOGS!!!

Music City Hog

Quote from: HogFanatic on January 18, 2014, 03:17:36 pm
You negative effs need to get a life
Idiots didn't post in the entire thread til end.
losers

Much like these hogs!

turbo2000

3kgthog

I'm now off the MA fan wagon. His coaching just gets worse and worse. The final play in regulation was awful and the rest of the game before that wasn't much better.

There's just no plan on offense and teams get inside on us much too easily. We are a pray and spray team that is pee wee league level at actual Xs and Os basketball. Mike will be gone after next season because this one is already over and our incoming recruits don't fill the biggest holes in MA's coaching.

Laughing Hog

I said that I'd give MA 3 yrs. Another road loss. I'm very underwhelmed with MA. My interest in our b'ball has been very low for a while, so I was hoping he would help change that. Not sure if it's him, his assistants, or the players, but it's just very, well, underwhelming. Football takes 3-4 yrs to turn that ship around (unless you're the cheat'n Barners). B'ball shouldn't take more than 1-2 yrs to turn around. Not sure MA was the answer. Looks very much like same crap as last year. I want my old B'ball back, 40 minutes of hell was actually 40 minutes of hell, this ain't even close.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

ifghog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 18, 2014, 03:20:29 pm
I'm now off the MA fan wagon. His coaching just gets worse and worse. The final play in regulation was awful and the rest of the game before that wasn't much better.

There's just no plan on offense and teams get inside on us much too easily. We are a pray and spray team that is pee wee league level at actual Xs and Os basketball. Mike will be gone after next season because this one is already over and our incoming recruits don't fill the biggest holes in MA's coaching.
I doubt he is gone after next year but I agree with most everything else u said.

elkhog

Quote from: hobhog on January 18, 2014, 03:08:18 pm
He has no clue. Just a street baller....

I think your right.  It appears to be his style.
GO HOGS!!!

pigture perfect

Quote from: Hog1966 on January 18, 2014, 03:13:01 pm
I dunno whether to laugh, cry, throw up, or all of the above.   :(
Glad to know I'm not alone.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hoggish1

The worst game I ever saw Arkansas play, and there were many of them...

HogFanatic

My biggest concern is that when Gulley got hot they didn't feed him
Not smart. He scored 8 straight then disappeared.

GuvHog

I don't know if it's bad playing, bad coaching, or both but something's gotta give. This is getting ridiculous!! They build an 8 point lead and then can't throw it in the ocean!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sivad

moses_007

Absolute horrible shooting in the last 12 minutes of regulation and in overtime by the Hogs.  They couldn't buy a bucket.  I don't know why this team can't shoot away from BWA?  Georgia is one of the worst teams in the SEC, and we lost to them.

AF74Razorback

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 18, 2014, 03:20:29 pm

While disappointing I will continue to have faith in the team and in Coach Coach Sutton and Nolan Richardson.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

hillhog

Quote from: 99toLife on January 18, 2014, 03:14:55 pm
People on here have been saying rebounds are no big deal when you play the fastest 40 minutes of Hawg Ball.   ::)
Yeah, and why practice free throws, they only count as 1 point anyway

HawgAdvocate

If you can't shoot, and you can't rebound your misses for higher % shots...well, that's gonna be a wrap just about every time.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Betting against the Hogs on the road the last will make you a lot of money.

KEEP IT UP HOGS!!!!  3-0

AF74Razorback

Go Hogs my favorite team!!!!  :razorback:

Chuck Porker

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 18, 2014, 03:09:25 pm
I love Mike A, but  starting to question.  2-24 on the road with a 3 year sample size?    That's unacceptable. 

This
THREE YEARS
Notice a pattern??

AF74Razorback

Quote from: Chuck Porker on January 19, 2014, 09:27:56 am
This
THREE YEARS
Notice a pattern??

Maybe five years after getting his own kind of player and a fan-base that doesn't whine with every missed shot.   That gets old for moderators,  recruits and fans.   It creates a very negative atmosphere and Karma follows atmosphere.

slobberinhog

Quote from: gguillo on January 18, 2014, 10:41:29 pm
Betting against the Hogs on the road the last will make you a lot of money.

KEEP IT UP HOGS!!!!  3-0
Keep betting until you lose.

GuvHog

Quote from: AF74Razorback on January 19, 2014, 08:58:31 pm
Maybe five years after getting his own kind of player and a fan-base that doesn't whine with every missed shot.   That gets old for moderators,  recruits and fans.   It creates a very negative atmosphere and Karma follows atmosphere.

Mike was at Mizzou 5 years. In his 5th year there, his team won only 1 road game in conference play and that was against an Iowa State team that back then was horrible. They were given an NCAA Tournament bid they did not deserve. That doesn't exactly leave one brimming with confidence about Mike getting a 5th year at Arkansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AF74Razorback

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on January 20, 2014, 02:20:17 pm
Mike was at Mizzou 5 years. In his 5th year there, his team won only 1 road game in conference play and that was against an Iowa State team that back then was horrible. They were given an NCAA Tournament bid they did not deserve. That doesn't exactly leave one brimming with confidence about Mike getting a 5th year at Arkansas.

Well I think it is turning around.  It amazes me how people will grind and gnaw over nothing.   Don't be too ready to write it off.