Started by chiefhawg, July 14, 2013, 04:56:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

-Blu

That's Awesome! I watched his last 2 summer league games and he was very impressive offensively.  He'll probably spend most of the year in NBDL, but I think he'll eventually get a shot.

chiefhawg

There will be two Razorbacks on the active roster. Both backcourt players. WPS

Porked Tongue

BJ and Dwight can now go kick it.

BJ is a bit of a gamble, but we all know he's capable. 

It'll be about consistency for him and avoiding the bad things we've seen him show at the UA.  I wish him luck. 

It's worth noting how many of our players are 'surprisingly' in the NBA despite scorn. 

The_Iceman

I hope it all works out for him. We could use some positive Arkansas vibe in the NBA.

PonderinHog

Good news!  Can we get Dogtown back in here on a technicality?

Porked Tongue

ION, no rumors of any kind out there on Brewer.  It might be a tough offseason for him.

Foshodo

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 14, 2013, 07:11:41 pm
ION, no rumors of any kind out there on Brewer.  It might be a tough offseason for him.

it was very quite on him before he went to the Knicks as well... i think he just doesnt make his situation all that public...

Speedracer

Damn, now I have to start watching the rockets
Like smites bother me.

Smithian

Congratulations! Got a lot of hate on here but Kevin McHale and the Rockets apparently think he's worth a flier! Not sure if he'll actually make it to the roster in the regular season, but let's hope he does. Even if he makes it the undrafted route, you want Mike Anderson to be able to say he has players in the NBA.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Smithian on July 15, 2013, 10:02:48 am
Even if he makes it the undrafted route, you want Mike Anderson to be able to say he has players in the NBA.
Agreed but should add "while head coach at AR".

Cresthog

To me, this is pretty obvious Lin doesn't have much of a future.

That was a stupid signing on their part, hopefully they can shop him somewhere that needs jersey sales.

Be great to have both him and Bev on the roster. Now we need Weems back in the league and that's 5 hogs playing regular ball.

Can we get some BWA banner action somewhere? Hogs in the NBA.

We seriously have the worst marketing team ever, hope the new guys from FGCU does better.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on July 15, 2013, 12:54:32 pm

That was a stupid signing on their part, hopefully they can shop him somewhere that needs jersey sales.

Be great to have both him and Bev on the roster. Now we need Weems back in the league and that's 5 hogs playing regular ball.

Can we get some BWA banner action somewhere? Hogs in the NBA.

We seriously have the worst marketing team ever, hope the new guys from FGCU does better.

Two simple things just inside BWA we could do to improve our marketing:

1) Hang retired numbers in the rafters.

2) Re-organize the championship banners in the rafters. When you go to Indiana, North Carolina, etc. and look up, you know exactly what they won and when. In BWA, you can't read what they say or know what they're for.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

cmiller01

Heres a youtube video with some highlights and interview with BJ and Pat Beverly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRHWNn7p4c

Farrestor

King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

majestic

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 14, 2013, 07:09:02 pm
Good news!  Can we get Dogtown back in here on a technicality?

Not drafted, but I'd be cool with that.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Hawg Red

Quote from: Cresthog on July 15, 2013, 12:54:32 pm

I'm almost positive B.J. signing with Houston has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin, Patrick Beverley, James Harden or any other primary back-up or starter. B.J. is 4th on the PG depth chart and 3rd on the SG depth chart. He'll spend at least 75% of the season in the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the D-League.

Now, Houston is not opposed to moving Lin. They apparently aren't trying to right now, but this move has nothing do with them being unhappy with Lin. B.J. might not even make the opening night roster with just 100k guaranteed.

HouSwine

Lin is good. We'll keep him, with PB providing intensive defense minutes and with bj backing Hardin. Not right away but this season. They'd be foolish to get rid of JL.

pigzwillrise

I wish he wouldve been more committed to the team and being a Hog.. nonetheless, I loved watching him play and glad we had him 2 seasons.  Hope he makes it in the NBA.

hawgmasta

Nice YouTube link. The best thing for BJ would probably be to play a full season or two in the D-League learning some defense and honing his jumpers and 3's.

Hes always had the speed to play pro ball. I never understood the negativity with BJ. The kid played well and stayed out of trouble. I hope he has a solid NBA career.

Hawg Red

Rockets ended up bringing Aaron Brooks back on a 1 year guaranteed deal last night. This could impact B.J.'s chances of making the team since they already have Isaiah Canaan. It seems the plan for is for Canaan to spend all or most of the season in the D-League, with Brooks being the 3rd PG. Where B.J. comes into the equation is the Rockets have at least 14 players with guaranteed contracts (15 if Robert Covington is guaranteed in the 1st year) and they're still looking to add Mike Miller and/or Marcus Camby, and Daniel Gibson. B.J. is only guaranteed 100k on his contract for the first year.

An NBA team can have as many as 20 players under contract in the offseason, but the regular season limit is 15. B.J. will surely hang on until decisions have to be made in training camp, but the more veterans they sign for guaranteed money upwards of a million a piece, the worse for B.J.

Foshodo

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 19, 2013, 02:28:50 pm
Rockets ended up bringing Aaron Brooks back on a 1 year guaranteed deal last night. This could impact B.J.'s chances of making the team since they already have Isaiah Canaan. It seems the plan for is for Canaan to spend all or most of the season in the D-League, with Brooks being the 3rd PG. Where B.J. comes into the equation is the Rockets have at least 14 players with guaranteed contracts (15 if Robert Covington is guaranteed in the 1st year) and they're still looking to add Mike Miller and/or Marcus Camby, and Daniel Gibson. B.J. is only guaranteed 100k on his contract for the first year.

An NBA team can have as many as 20 players under contract in the offseason, but the regular season limit is 15. B.J. will surely hang on until decisions have to be made in training camp, but the more veterans they sign for guaranteed money upwards of a million a piece, the worse for B.J.

is the only reason Brooks hasnt played much in the last few seasons been injuries? dude played solid ball for a couple of years and then just dropped... dont know if he's a threat to BJ or if he's there to play James Andersons minutes... or vice versa

Hawg Red

Quote from: Foshodo on July 19, 2013, 03:01:08 pm
is the only reason Brooks hasnt played much in the last few seasons been injuries? dude played solid ball for a couple of years and then just dropped... dont know if he's a threat to BJ or if he's there to play James Andersons minutes... or vice versa

He's absolutely a threat to B.J. He's a threat to Canaan and Canaan was a threat to B.J. They signed Reggie Williams to take James Anderson's minutes.

B.J.'s going to be in the D-League all season. Only question is if he'll be getting paid NBA money down there or D-League money (gigantic difference).

As for Brooks, he really hasn't gotten much respect around the league since he went over to play in China during the lockout. He's only getting looks as a 3rd string PG. Houston is trying to win now, so I suspect he's being brought in so Canaan and Young can develop down in the D-League. It's just possible that the addition of guys like Brooks or potentially Mike Miller/Marcus Camby could cause the Rockets to have to waive Young (they'll still own his rights for the D-League, though, so they can have him in Rio Grande Valley).

jesterzzn

First, good for BJ.

Lin is kinda like Tim Tebow.  The hype was blown way out of proportion, but the hate is equally undeserved. 

Lin is what he is, a pretty good NBA player, but not an All-Star.  Scott Skiles, Brian Shaw, David Wesley, hell even Danny Ainge.  Trade bait?  Maybe.  Bad pickup?  Only if he's your primary or secondary option, and the front office took care of that, so Lin should be just fine.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

allhog

Good luck to BJ.  One of the best high school ballers I ever watched.  Wish things would have went better for him on the hill. 

Rooster Hogburn

I think most fans are appreciative of his work on the hill. Hopefully he continues to improve and develops into a nice nba player. It is great to have former hogs on multiple (or the same in this case) rosters around the league.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes