Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Vanderbilt

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 12, 2013, 04:29:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

Quote from: elksnort on January 12, 2013, 07:09:00 pm
Today's college basketball is worse than it was 20 years ago.

It's the truth. Across the board it has gotten worse -- sometimes to the point it is un-watchable.

Acehawg

The officiating has gotten worse thats for sure...what are these guys thinking with some of their calls

Gor-Gor

Quote from: Big Daddy on January 12, 2013, 05:54:00 pm
"It is a mystery to me how Bobby Petrino came to view John L as his mentor. It's like Daffy Duck being Albert Einstein's mentor."
Mike Irwin

LOL, that's a great sig. /offtopic

Dr. Starcs

College basketball is hard to watch these days because of the one and done rule. College baseball eligibility rules would make a huge difference.

Acehawg

"It is a mystery to me how Bobby Petrino came to view John L as his mentor. It's like Daffy Duck being Albert Einstein's mentor."
Mike Irwin

He was a personal mentor not a professional mentor obviously...

jchill

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 12, 2013, 07:59:17 pm
College basketball is hard to watch these days because of the one and done rule. College baseball eligibility rules would make a huge difference.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe we should use the college football rule to get college basketball back to respectabilty.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 12, 2013, 05:36:53 pm
I predict at half the score will be 22 to 7

Nice prediction at the time. Vandy scored five points in the last minute os so, or else you would have been right on.....

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on January 13, 2013, 07:24:47 am
Nice prediction at the time. Vandy scored five points in the last minute os so, or else you would have been right on.....

Yep.  We have a long road ahead of us this season.  Was not impressed last night.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jry04

January 13, 2013, 02:11:33 pm #408 Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:31:51 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: Wayne Watson on January 13, 2013, 02:04:55 pm
Yep.  We have a long road ahead of us this season.  Was not impressed last night.
Yeah, I wasn't either. Won by 23 after forcing 26 turnovers and playing the best half court defense in a game in probably 10 years. Terrible performance.

Throw in our best offensive player didn't play the last 15 minutes of the first half, and our starters only played about 10 minutes in the second half...

GuvHog

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 13, 2013, 02:11:33 pm
Yeah, I wasn't either. Won by 23 after forcing 26 turnovers and playing the best half court defense in a game in probably 10 years. Terrible performance.

Throw in our best offensive player didn't lay the last 15 minutes of the first half, and our starters only played about 10 minutes in the second half...

I agree the Hog offense wasn't Impressive at all but holding a D1 school like Vandy to 33 points with a 35 second shot clock in use is very, very impressive.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jry04

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on January 13, 2013, 02:24:55 pm
I agree the Hog offense wasn't Impressive at all but holding a D1 school like Vandy to 33 points with a 35 second shot clock in use is very, very impressive.
I was being sarcastic. Offense looked bad in the first half, but we were without BJ for most of it. Our defense was great.

99toLife

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 13, 2013, 02:32:28 pm
I was being sarcastic. Offense looked bad in the first half, but we were without BJ for most of it. Our defense was great.

We did look good  on defense, but it was against a bunch of freshies and sophs that aren't very good to start with.  Vandy has what two jr's and Zero sr's?

GuvHog

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 13, 2013, 02:32:28 pm

I know you were being sarcastic, I was just agreeing with you about the Hog defense.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on January 13, 2013, 02:36:04 pm
I know you were being sarcastic, I was just agreeing with you about the Hog defense.

The defense did look good but we should have had 48 points at the half against Vandy.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

GuvHog

Quote from: Wayne Watson on January 13, 2013, 04:01:49 pm
The defense did look good but we should have had 48 points at the half against Vandy.

I agree. That's why I said the Hog offense wasn't good at all.