Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bud Walton Empty ????

Started by nervestrike, December 21, 2012, 12:01:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sueie

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on December 22, 2012, 11:53:19 pm
I'm sorry if you somehow thought I was insinuating that I've NEVER sold tickets. I guess that was a shorter way of saying, "I either sell the tickets to a Hog fan or find someone to give them to that I know will go to the game." I also sold my tickets to Syracuse, big deal? Tell me about your season tickets now

Only have season tickets to baseball.  But I gave several of them away last year.  Even gave away 4 of them to the CWS.  Will probably do the same thing this year.  For football and basketball I have usually been able to get in for free. But I will admit I have sold football tickets in the past.  NO!! I am not the fat guy that stands outside gate 1 on a cane.  ;D

hogfan98

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on December 23, 2012, 12:07:41 am
If close to 50k to 60k can go to Reynolds stadium during a bad football year then at least 15k to 18k shud be able to go to The Bud. Our fans is pathetic & I live in central Ark & I was at that game. It shouldn't take 15k fans from central Ark or the surrounding down south towns to travel to Fayetteville during a week night game to fill that arena for us to have it full. We have some very fare weather fans & that's why we will continue to look pathetic on tv. If the U of A was in the middle of Ark like little rock every home game whether its football or basketball would be sold out every game.

There were 9,274 people at the Alabama A&M game.  On a Saturday night.  In (North) Little Rock.  Tell us again how every game would be sold out...

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Hogs-n-Roses

Smite away but this team looks like the other hog teams over the last decade. I know, I know, help is on the way. Two lights out players coming in to save us, next year. Its always next year. Is this year 2 or 3 of MA? Team looks a little better but we'll see how well we do with the elements. The elements are grades,chronic,alcohol,crimes........Was it year 3 when Nolan had a top 20 team,Sutton?

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on December 23, 2012, 09:29:54 am
Only have season tickets to baseball.  But I gave several of them away last year.  Even gave away 4 of them to the CWS.  Will probably do the same thing this year.  For football and basketball I have usually been able to get in for free. But I will admit I have sold football tickets in the past.  NO!! I am not the fat guy that stands outside gate 1 on a cane.  ;D

So, you're selling tickets that someome gave you to you for free?

Sueie

No.
I used to have football season tickets.  Gave them up when the donation level went through the roof.

Found it is easier to just pay a little extra for the games that are interesting.  If I had to pay an extra 20 for Alabama tickets I would still save the money from the 45-50 that the "rent a win" games would have cost.  Could sit at home and watch those on tv.

nervestrike

Quote from: Sueie on December 22, 2012, 07:25:36 pm
Is that why you were trying to get FACE VALUE for Robert Morris tickets?  8)
I don't care what anybody say's, this is frikking funny !!!! When you try and bash someone it comes back to haunt you.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: nervestrike on December 23, 2012, 12:49:42 pm
  I don't care what anybody say's, this is frikking funny !!!! When you try and bash someone it comes back to haunt you.
No it didn't

rljjr

Other than the most important part, which is winning, Bud Walton needs a facelift, too. All of the photos inside are faded, and while I understand the need for branding, the slobberin' Hog was another key element that made Hawgball what it was.

As for how it looks on TV, I agree that much could be done to improve how it looks. There's just something not right about it.

ADinWaiting

With almost every game on TV, Bud Walton won't fill up except for marquee matches. 19,000 on a Tuesday night basketball game just isn't realistic with every game on TV.

Also, I'm aware we have been a good program in the past. However, the fact is we are not Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Indiana, or Kansas.
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."