Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson Approval Poll! (i've seen some bickering on here. put up or shut up!)

Started by exit19, December 08, 2012, 06:22:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

"Do you approve of the job Mike Anderson is doing as Arkansas basketball coach?"

Yes!
771 (88.5%)
No!
100 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 858

exit19

by the way im an absolute YES. 

we are on an upward trajectory when under pel we'd have beaten 11 swac teams and fold in the sec during our first road game.

Smithian

Hahahaha

This Thread Having to Be Made = Classic

I support Anderson but love watching Jump Ball meltdown.

Brand X Hog Fan

Haters gonna hate, no matter what. Living vicariously through the lives of a bunch of amateur athletes is the pinnacle for some folks.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

99toLife

I voted yes, I have seen nothing so far to go into panic mode.  he appears to be on his normal schedule running a program.

swineology

Quote from: exit19 on December 08, 2012, 06:22:21 pm

we are on an upward trajectory when under pel we'd have beaten 11 swac teams and fold in the sec during our first road game.

Yes, when Failphrey's players are gone, we'll be legit on the hardwood!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: swineology on December 08, 2012, 06:41:03 pm

So, the 2015-16 season is the expected start of greatness?

Can't wait! (literally)
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Smithian

Quote from: 99toLife on December 08, 2012, 06:31:07 pm
I voted yes, I have seen nothing so far to go into panic mode.  he appears to be on his normal schedule running a program.
He knows what he's doing. He has a good coaching staff. He'll get us to some good places.

But I will troll those people who predicted Arkansas basketball would be perfect as soon as we fired Pelphrey.

Danny J

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 08, 2012, 06:43:21 pm
So, the 2015-16 season is the expected start of greatness?

Can't wait! (literally)
I think we see a better team come February if everybody stays healthy. Losing BJ and MP next year is going to hurt....badly.

Music City Razorback

I'm all in and can't wait for Mike to get his guys in place.  Once that happens, I'll actually be upset when we lose a game again - since it will happen so infrequently.
"Sure. I'm proud to be an American."
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.

Danny J

Quote from: Music City Razorback on December 08, 2012, 06:54:49 pm
I'm all in and can't wait for Mike to get his guys in place.  Once that happens, I'll actually be upset when we lose a game again - since it will happen so infrequently.
Yep....losing game doesn't hurt quite as bad when you aren't expecting as much.

Wild Bill Hog

Much too early to know anything yet.  I wasn't a "hire MA" advocate, but even I think we need to take a wait and see stance at this point.

checkraiser88

Can there be an "undecided" option? If we don't make the tournament this year and we lose Young to the NBA, how can everyone be confident in next year?

hog golf

Firmly on the fence here. I know i need to be patient and i'm ok with it. Guy has had success everywhere.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

WilsonHog

I support him today just as much as I did the day he was hired - completely - and just as much as I will be when he's still our head coach 10 years from now.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Mike knows what he is doing.  He needs time.  We are already starting to get the kind of athletes we used to have.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HF#1

It's a process. We are in year 2.  My expectations won't be substantial until year 3 or 4
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

secfan30

Yes!! Second year tough schedule early on will prepare us or SEC and torny play.

grayhawg

If we were 8 and 0 we would have some who weren't happy with the margin of victory in games. Just ignore the complainers and go on.

Blue35

Breems

Why is there bickering?  We lost to the #3 and #4 teams in the nation and put up a good fight against both of them. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

FineAsSwine

Quote from: grayhawg on December 08, 2012, 08:04:03 pm
If we were 8 and 0 we would have some who weren't happy with the margin of victory in games. Just ignore the complainers and go on.

This!

HF#1

Quote from: Breems on December 08, 2012, 08:22:48 pm
Why is there bickering?  We lost to the #3 and #4 teams in the nation and put up a good fight against both of them. 

Breems, we are 4-4 dude, the season is over.  Don't you know?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: Smithian on December 08, 2012, 06:27:11 pm
Hahahaha

This Thread Having to Be Made = Classic

I support Anderson but love watching Jump Ball meltdown.
jumpball melts down after ever loss. it's getting old.

Smithian

Quote from: swineology on December 08, 2012, 06:41:03 pm
Agreed. BJ, Marshawn, and those guys are awful.

More Bell and Williams please!

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on December 08, 2012, 06:47:57 pm
I think we see a better team come February if everybody stays healthy. Losing BJ and MP next year is going to hurt....badly.

Honestly if the season was over today, I don't see either of those men as NBA material. I know they can go in the draft and warehouse on a team until they mature a little more but unless they kill it for the rest of the year, BJ and Marshawn should stay and give Mike time to get the guys in here so that they can focus on their strengths. BJ is on the point half the time and Marshawn is having to help the 5 out too much.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Hollywood_HOGan45

checkraiser88

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on December 08, 2012, 09:23:46 pm
Honestly if the season was over today, I don't see either of those men as NBA material. I know they can go in the draft and warehouse on a team until they mature a little more but unless they kill it for the rest of the year, BJ and Marshawn should stay and give Mike time to get the guys in here so that they can focus on their strengths. BJ is on the point half the time and Marshawn is having to help the 5 out too much.

Shows what you know

Dogtown Donkey

Way too early to have a feeling of disapproval.

If this was still happening in Year 4, sure. We're 8 games into Year 2 and half our team is new. And we played a brutal conference schedule.

It's okay to go to the NIT this year. That's an improvement from the past 4 seasons of no postseason play.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on December 08, 2012, 10:07:54 pm
Way too early to have a feeling of disapproval.

If this was still happening in Year 4, sure. We're 8 games into Year 2 and half our team is new. And we played a brutal conference schedule.

It's okay to go to the NIT this year. That's an improvement from the past 4 seasons of no postseason play.

Yep.

Love your Avatar.  The Flaming Lips rock.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

CDBHawg

The_Iceman

moses_007

I see a team this year that hustles more, but the end result is exactly what we've seen every year for the past dozen years. 

I wouldn't say Mike is a bad coach, but the results so far have been nothing more than mediocre. 

WaltKowalski

Quote from: exit19 on December 08, 2012, 06:22:21 pm

Bickering by Missouri fans.

Pickled Pig

I voted yes (I'll make that clear at the outset), but everyone needs to accept the fact that Mike is not a clone of Nolan. A lot of people may not accept this fact, but Nolan was a genius, particularly in regard to defense. Mike is NOT unintelligent by any means, but he's no Nolan Richardson....not by a long-shot. Nolan was/is smart as hell, AND he instilled fear in both the refs AND his players. Players loved and respected him, but they also feared him. He was an extremely passionate/emotional coach, and he used his passion and emotion to make his players better, and to scare the crap out of the officials. He pulled players out of the game, left and right, if/when they did something boneheaded. But he would have stood in front of them in a firing line. He just didn't allow ANY player to EVER let off of the gas, OR make dumb decisions that hurt the team. What Nolan did was give basketball players the endurance, physical toughness, fire, and mentalities of boxers. They were TOUGH. Mike's personality is not like that AT ALL....neither the refs nor the players fear him, although they do like him. And they are never going to be toughened up like Nolan's players were by Nolan...or play as smart. Mike learned a lot from Nolan, and much if not most of his coaching philosophy and strategy are what he acquired from Nolan. But they are very different human beings whose different personalities (and comparable strengths) produced/produce very different types of players from what you see when you look at the much bigger picture.

We will continue to get better, and Mike is going to be successful. But anyone who's wishing or waiting for our hogs (current or future) to be or play like Nolan's old teams, you're going to be severely disappointed for a very long time.

PoormansRobbyHampton

The record at this point doesn't look like much, but when you consider that we've played a pair of top 5 teams, it starts to make a little more sense.

Is anyone afraid of the SEC this year? Even Kentucky, who we all assumed would dominate again this year seems to be down. Most of the teams that we will see in the conference won't be as good as teams that we've already played. We're going to be fine this year and three years down the line.

JusPiggin

Fatmanhog

Voted yes. i think when the bigger guys get here next year we will see a little better results. having Hunter as our only true big man showed today against Michigan that we need one or two more. We are still a year away. Will be fun at times but next year will be better jmho
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Arctic Hog

Quote from: secfan30 on December 08, 2012, 08:01:25 pm
Yes!! Second year tough schedule early on will prepare us for SEC and tourney play.

I agree; I like the schedule this season.

- Three easy games to get loosened up
- Five straight against major D-1 teams to toughen up and, win or lose, let players see how they measure up
- Five easier games to build confidence before conference play
- Eighteen straight conference games

I think we'll do fine in conference.

Speedracer

I love the schedule of playing great teams like Syracuse and Michigan, and the hogs are playing hard.  I think it will take some time to fill in the gaps talent wise.  I do think he can get us there, but this years recruiting class will be critical.  Portis and Kingsley are great, now we just need a two guard to come in here with them
Like smites bother me.

Kevin

It is the way they are playing, not the losing
You have to defend the ball & rebound
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pork Twain

Quote from: Breems on December 08, 2012, 08:22:48 pm
I know, right...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HotlantaHog

Pork Twain

The last few years of Nolan (might have been on the way back when he pissed off JFB) and then Heath and Pel, buried Arkansas basketball in a deep, dark hole and it will not come back out in a year or two.  I have faith in Mike though
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Smithian

Everyone, please remember that once we get rid of Failphreybums like BJ Young and Marshawn Powell then this baby will take off!

Screw Failphrey!

More Wagner/Bell/Williams/Qualls! Less BJ/Powell! Less FAILPHREY players!

RockChalkJayhawk

Quote from: Smithian on December 09, 2012, 10:19:33 am
Everyone, please remember that once we get rid of Failphreybums like BJ Young and Marshawn Powell then this baby will take off!

Screw Failphrey!

More Wagner/Bell/Williams/Qualls! Less BJ/Powell! Less FAILPHREY players!

Corkscrew Johnson

If you can't see the strides this team is making, you are intentionally looking the other way.  In our Pelphrey games, even when the score looked close, we looked like a far inferior team.  Talent level aside, we lacked on-court discipline and basketball IQ.   Yesterday, not only did we play the #3 team in the country very close on the road, we looked like we belonged.  The athleticism is there, the hustle is there, and most importantly, we appear to have a purpose.

Now, the basketball IQ still isn't where it needs to be.  A few ill-advised shots, still trapping at the wrong times, going for the block/steal when we should be positioning for rebounds.  But learning an entire new defensive system, especially one that requires you to play at full-throttle and depends so much on intuition/reaction, takes time.  It just does.  But the signs of progress are obvious.  And when we replace the Scott/Wade class with the Portis/Kingsley class, watch out.

Smithian

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on December 09, 2012, 10:46:24 am
If you can't see the strides this team is making, you are intentionally looking the other way.  In our Pelphrey games, even when the score looked close, we looked like a far inferior team.  Talent level aside, we lacked on-court discipline and basketball IQ.   Yesterday, not only did we play the #3 team in the country very close on the road, we looked like we belonged.  The athleticism is there, the hustle is there, and most importantly, we appear to have a purpose.

Now, the basketball IQ still isn't where it needs to be.  A few ill-advised shots, still trapping at the wrong times, going for the block/steal when we should be positioning for rebounds.  But learning an entire new defensive system, especially one that requires you to play at full-throttle and depends so much on intuition/reaction, takes time.  It just does.  But the signs of progress are obvious.  And when we replace the Scott/Wade class with the Portis/Kingsley class, watch out.
I bet Mike Anderson would never have offered Rickey Scott or Mardra-

Wait, nevermind.