Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moses Kingsley

Started by HF#1, September 15, 2012, 01:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

Just committed to the Hogs.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

HF#1

No joke, I would not kid about that...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Per Bobby Portis:  My bro @KingMoses_ just committed to Arkansas #WPS #getmoney

poloprince

Link? Twitter? We need some substance.
$PoLoPrInCe$

HF#1

They are both on their official visits this weekend.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

choppedporkextrasauce

if true this is huge. Go Hogs.

HF#1

Portis and Kingsley are best buds and I doubt Bobby would tweet it if it were not true. 

chiefhawg

Bobby Portis ‏@BPortistime
My bro @KingMoses_ just committed to Arkansas. #WPS #getmoney

HF#1

Richard Davenport just confirmed it.  WPS

dhornjr1

Dogtown Donkey

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Breems

Oh baby.

Frontcourt city 2013!  Go get em Mike, atta baby!  Two five stars lined up for next year already!  Basketball's back.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Breems on September 15, 2012, 01:53:22 pm
Oh baby.

Frontcourt city 2013!  Go get em Mike, atta baby!  Two five stars lined up for next year already!  Basketball's back.

Moses is just a 4* but he's a top 5 center.

SWD26

Great News! This just made my day, will possibly be the best front-court we've had in years!

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 15, 2012, 01:58:02 pm
Moses is just a 4* but he's a top 5 center.
hopefully he'll move up. either way great GREAT pickup.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: SWD26 on September 15, 2012, 02:01:19 pm
Great News! This just made my day, will possibly be the best front-court we've had in years!

Imagine if Mickey commits as well. What a frontcourt.

HF#1

This makes me even more giddy about basketball season coming up.

The Hogfather

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!  HUGE!  Now we just need a tall guard/SF!

dhornjr1

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 15, 2012, 02:20:32 pm
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!  HUGE!  Now we just need a tall guard/SF!

I'm hoping for Johnathan Williams.

SWD26

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 15, 2012, 02:02:36 pm

You bet! We'll definitely have the players to compete with the "big boys", and with Coach Anderson and the "fastest forty" it's going to be fun to watch.

I think what makes me so excited about Portis and Kingsley is that they're not only greatly talented "bigs" but they should also really fit with Coach Anderson's system. The same goes for Mickey, if we would be so fortunate to draw him in.

Pork Twain

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=1221757&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f1221757.html
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

cardsNhogs

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: HogFan#1 on September 15, 2012, 01:16:11 pm
Per Bobby Portis:  My bro @KingMoses_ just committed to Arkansas #WPS #getmoney

#getmoney

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 15, 2012, 02:02:36 pm

indeed, his offensive abilities and defensive abilities will be showcased under the Hogs style.

I keep saying that kid will be the second coming of Todd Day. He may be listed as a 4 but his style of play is clearly that of a 3.

Danny J

I will say it again....it appears history is indeed repeating itself. Reminds me a lot of the late 80's in regards to football going south while basketball appears to be rising. This is just awesome news. Just awesome. Finally some size to go with our guards. Athletic size also. Two guys who know how to play with each other. This is beyond good news. Needed it today.

azhog10

This is Great news. Didnt think we'd get him after not recruiting him as "hard" as other teams.

Sawyer

Where will the scholarship for Mickey (or anyone else) come from?

By my count, Arkansas has 12 scholarship underclassmen this year. One would have to leave just to make room for the two commitments already on board. I assume most expect BJ Young to go pro, but I'm not seeing where additional spots would come from.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Sawyer on September 15, 2012, 11:32:08 pm
Where will the scholarship for Mickey (or anyone else) come from?

By my count, Arkansas has 12 scholarship underclassmen this year. One would have to leave just to make room for the two commitments already on board. I assume most expect BJ Young to go pro, but I'm not seeing where additional spots would come from.
Powell won't be here next year. That gives us the third scholarship
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

Where are all the Mike Anderson haters that said we would never recruit this well?

Setting up for a top 15 recruiting class at least.

The_Iceman

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2012, 07:40:12 am
Where are all the Mike Anderson haters that said we would never recruit this well?

You should know the pattern by now:
a.  Recruiting-wise...lay low until Anderson misses out on a prospect.
b.  Wait for a commit from a recruit who's not being recruited by the big boys so they can say "that's the only type of player Anderson can sign."
c.  Say "he only got him 'cause he's related, grew up a Hog fan" etc...

UNCLE BACK

I hope Powell and B.J come back nex year. You never know, 1 of the freshmen might not feel like he fits in or gets enough playing time. If Powell and B.J do come back next year, we could be looking at a National Championship caliber team.....

farmhawg

They will be in before long....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jry04

Quote from: pridgehog on September 16, 2012, 09:48:58 am
I hope Powell and B.J come back nex year. You never know, 1 of the freshmen might not feel like he fits in or gets enough playing time. If Powell and B.J do come back next year, we could be looking at a National Championship caliber team.....
I am sure BJ is gone, but Powell should be back. We should have Powell, Mickelson, Clark, Williams, Portis, and Mosley in our front court. That is as deep as any team in the country.

Breems

September 16, 2012, 10:55:23 am #37 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:18:55 pm by Breems
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 16, 2012, 10:44:23 am
I am sure BJ is gone, but Powell should be back. We should have Powell, Mickelson, Clark, Williams, Portis, and Mosley in our front court. That is as deep as any team in the country.

I thought Powell was a senior this year... did he get a medical redshirt or something?  I see him listed as a junior on most sites.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

poloprince

Quote from: Breems on September 16, 2012, 10:55:23 am
I thought Powell was a senior this year... did he get a medical redshirt or something?  I see him listed as a junior on most site.s

And you know this man.
$PoLoPrInCe$

JonClaudeVanHam

Don't worry, they are coming.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Breems on September 16, 2012, 10:55:23 am
I thought Powell was a senior this year... did he get a medical redshirt or something?  I see him listed as a junior on most site.

I haven't read anything about him applying for a medical redshirt. That being the case, I think he's a senior.

Now, he could easily apply for and receive a 5th year after this season, but I don't think he's applied for the medical redshirt yet.

Dogtown Donkey

If B.J. and/or Powell come back, who gets the boot?

Right now, we have one more commitment than open scholarships. And we're still recruiting.

I don't see Young or Powell back. B.J. will be in the NBA next season and Powell will be in the D-League or overseas.

SWD26

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 16, 2012, 11:52:25 am
If B.J. and/or Powell come back, who gets the boot?

Right now, we have one more commitment than open scholarships. And we're still recruiting.

I don't see Young or Powell back. B.J. will be in the NBA next season and Powell will be in the D-League or overseas.

You never really know what's going to happen, I've heard Coach Anderson say a few times that "you never really stop recruiting" and "things always seem to work themselves out". It will be interesting to see where we're at with players at the start of next year.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 16, 2012, 11:49:58 am
I haven't read anything about him applying for a medical redshirt. That being the case, I think he's a senior.

Now, he could easily apply for and receive a 5th year after this season, but I don't think he's applied for the medical redshirt yet.
Did he play in an actual game last year?

If not, he would not need a medical RS. He could just use it as his regular RS year.

Danny J

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 16, 2012, 12:31:09 pm

If not, he would not need a medical RS. He could just use it as his regular RS year.
I think he played in two didn't he? I know he played in the oakland game and he dominated and I think the game before was a regular season non-exhibition game as well. Maybe USC something upstate or something. Can't remember.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 16, 2012, 12:31:09 pm

Played in the 1st two games.

He has to apply.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: SWD26 on September 16, 2012, 12:13:26 pm
You never really know what's going to happen, I've heard Coach Anderson say a few times that "you never really stop recruiting" and "things always seem to work themselves out". It will be interesting to see where we're at with players at the start of next year.

Obviously.

But aren't we all sick of roster turnover? I like the players we currently have. There's no Sanchez or Waithe type players. Unless we're talking about highly rated recruits, we don't need to "make the numbers work out". We have a good team.

mhuff

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 16, 2012, 12:51:57 pm
Obviously.

But aren't we all sick of roster turnover? I like the players we currently have. There's no Sanchez or Waithe type players. Unless we're talking about highly rated recruits, we don't need to "make the numbers work out". We have a good team.

DD, I certainly respect your opinion ,and I do not like change for the sake of change. I also agree that we have a good team. BUT, I want to have a great team ASAP. With the natural turnover of players ,we have to be recruitting all the time. If a player is not carrying his weight, that player will be asked to vacate his scholarship. If improvements can be made, they will be. MA will not pass if difference makers can be had.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on September 16, 2012, 12:49:24 pm
Played in the 1st two games.

He has to apply.
Yea that's right. I thought maybe he just played in the exhibition games.