Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 3 update

Started by jjsmitty, August 14, 2012, 01:16:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jjsmitty

BCAK 21 Hogs 15 after first quarter... 3 pointer galore from Lithuianium team, including one at first quarter buzzer... Wade with 5, hunter with 4, Scott and Wagner both with 2 and young and Clarke both with 1...

jry04

Hogs up 43-39 at the half.

jjsmitty

Danny J

Keep the stats rolling guys. I appreciate it.

jjsmitty

Qualls just manning up on their big guy. He's got 9 now, all over the top of the big guy- who he just dunked on.. Arkansas went on a 13-2 run to start the quarter and takes the lead to halftime.. Qualls 9, young 7, WAde and Mickelson with 6, Scott with 4, Clarke 3, WAgner 2 and Williams with 3

jjsmitty

Second half has begun.. Arkansas 49-46 with 6:50 left in the quarter

SWD26

Quote from: jjsmitty on August 14, 2012, 01:16:45 pm
BCAK 21 Hogs 15 after first quarter... 3 pointer galore from Lithuianium team, including one at first quarter buzzer... Wade with 5, hunter with 4, Scott and Wagner both with 2 and young and Clarke both with 1...

Thanks for the update jjsmitty, Guarding the three seemed to be a major problem for them last season, hope they work a lot on that.

The Hogfather

Qualls is going to be so fun to watch.  Can't wait...

jry04

The Hogfather

Dogtown Donkey

I'd be surprised if Qualls wasn't a regular contributor as a freshman. A lot of people think he's too raw, but I don't care. The athleticism and fit for the system is there. If he puts the work in, he'll be on the court and produce. He could be scary by his senior year if his skill level develops.

jry04

jjsmitty

Wade with two 3 pointers on fast break has Arkansas surging ahead 58-49 with 1:46 to go in third quarter.. He's now got 15 points to lead the way.

jry04

Quote from: jjsmitty on August 14, 2012, 01:48:08 pm
Wade with two 3 pointers on fast break has Arkansas surging ahead 58-49 with 1:46 to go in third quarter.. He's now got 15 points to lead the way.
It is actually 63-55 at the end of the third quarter.

SWD26

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on August 14, 2012, 01:44:48 pm
I'd be surprised if Qualls wasn't a regular contributor as a freshman. A lot of people think he's too raw, but I don't care. The athleticism and fit for the system is there. If he puts the work in, he'll be on the court and produce. He could be scary by his senior year if his skill level develops.

I very much agree. He fits Coach Anderson's style.

jjsmitty

Arkansas opens the 4th quarter by forcing 5 straight turnovers and is now up 69-55 with 8:31 left in the game..

jjsmitty

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on August 14, 2012, 01:49:33 pm
It is actually 63-55 at the end of the third quarter.

Sorry, trying to keep up!

jjsmitty

Arkansas leads 77-60 with 4:37 left... Wade 19, Young 12, Qualls 11, Williams 10, Mickelson 8, Clarke 7, Scott 6, Wagner 2, Bell 2

It's a runaway now.  Arkansas up 82-60 with 2:08 left. BCAK has fallen over and can't get up.. Only 5 points this quarter so far..

CPL HOG

jj where are you getting the game info from?

jjsmitty

August 14, 2012, 02:11:34 pm #19 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:13:58 pm by jjsmitty
Mickelsons mom, she's texting me updates

CPL HOG

jjsmitty

Final.. Hogs 84-67.. Largest lead was 22 ..

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jjsmitty on August 14, 2012, 02:11:34 pm
Mickelsons mom, she's texting me updates
It's good to know people with connections. Can she get me good floor seats?  ;)
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The Hogfather

jjsmitty

Quote from: TNhawgfan on August 14, 2012, 02:16:53 pm
It's good to know people with connections. Can she get me good floor seats?  ;)

She won't even offer up seats to me! 

She did say hunter busted marshawns eye the other day in practice causing stitches. I just hope he stays away from his acl.

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: jjsmitty on August 14, 2012, 02:15:27 pm
Final.. Hogs 84-67.. Largest lead was 22 ..

Thanks for all the updates, JJ.

UNCLE BACK

Another nice Victory. Hard to believe that VCU beat those guys by 38 though.

azhog10

Quote from: pridgehog on August 14, 2012, 02:36:41 pm
Another nice Victory. Hard to believe that VCU beat those guys by 38 though.
VCU played things a lot differently. We are playing everybody no one person playing more than 18 minutes. They had a guy go something like 8-9 from three and had 27 points and played something like 30 minutes if I remember right. Not saying we could do that to them, but Mike is going to experiment with different lineups. Shaka doesn't have to do that with his squad. They are a very experienced team that made the Sweet 16 the last two years.

RazorAg

"Hunter's Mom" was getting her info from HawgsIllustrated.com's private/pay-for blog.  The updates that were being given were word for word.  There's a live blog on ArkansasRazorbacks.com that you can follow next game, which is Friday.

Good to see us come back out today and beat a decent team.  Marshawn didn't play, but Coty filled in nicely with a double-double.  Wade, Young, Clarke and Qualls have been our most consistent players.

The Boar War

August 14, 2012, 02:54:37 pm #29 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:58:21 pm by The Boar War
I don't want to downplay these games in anyway but I was wondering something.  The other day I heard that the style of play in Europe is much more physical than in college ball.  Are we being allowed to have more contact with our agressive on ball defense?

Either way I'm glad they're getting this time to gel, practice, and play together.  That can't hurt.

Edit:  After reading more of the blog the writer believed that the refs were calling it pretty tight (although inconsistent).

azhog10

To me the biggest thing about this trip and how it compares to over here and our style of play is the shot clock. We play fast, however most teams to counter our style of play, they will slow it down. Fortunate for us, over seas they can't really do that since they have a 24 sec shot clock. That will be one big thing that helps us over there, but won't translate over here. We struggled in games like Auburn when teams try to use the full shot clock. The biggest thing is we are getting to see our guys live against other guys. Now the coaches can take what they saw, and work on whatever issues they think they found and address them when the season starts. It also gives us a chance to gel quicker like many have mentioned. Still I think we can all be proud of how our team has played.

Danny J

Quote from: The Boar War on August 14, 2012, 02:54:37 pm
I don't want to downplay these games in anyway but I was wondering something.  The other day I heard that the style of play in Europe is much more physical than in college ball.  Are we being allowed to have more contact with our agressive on ball defense?

Either way I'm glad they're getting this time to gel, practice, and play together.  That can't hurt.

Edit:  After reading more of the blog the writer believed that the refs were calling it pretty tight (although inconsistent).
Well...it could go both ways though especially if the other team is bigger. I know nothing of this team so I can't say for sure. I do think that speaks more towards the officiating in the college level. It is beyond horrible. I thought the officiating in the olympics was much better than at the college level.

jjsmitty

Quote from: RazorAg on August 14, 2012, 02:43:43 pm
"Hunter's Mom" was getting her info from HawgsIllustrated.com's private/pay-for blog.  The updates that were being given were word for word.  There's a live blog on ArkansasRazorbacks.com that you can follow next game, which is Friday.

Good to see us come back out today and beat a decent team.  Marshawn didn't play, but Coty filled in nicely with a double-double.  Wade, Young, Clarke and Qualls have been our most consistent players.

I didn't ask where she was getting her updates...just appreciated getting them and sharing them.

RazorAg

Quote from: jjsmitty on August 14, 2012, 06:31:06 pm
I didn't ask where she was getting her updates...just appreciated getting them and sharing them.

Was just providing more information to the poster who asked where you were getting updates.

Fatmanhog

havent seen anything on Madden? how has he played?
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

mhuff

secfan1

Quote from: RazorAg on August 14, 2012, 07:49:52 pm
Was just providing more information to the poster who asked where you were getting updates.

And he answered with Hunters mom, who is providing him with updates.

RazorAg

Quote from: secfan1 on August 14, 2012, 08:56:01 pm
And he answered with Hunters mom, who is providing him with updates.

I read that very clearly, but figured people would want to know that we don't have to solely depend on Hunter's Mom and can go get live blog updates from ArkansasRazorbacks.com or HawgsIllustrated (for $).

I wasn't being smart, so no need to go there.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on August 14, 2012, 09:39:29 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205588429

nice write up.

21, 18, 16, 12.  That was the amount of points the Italian team scored per quarter.  The 40 minutes of hell really tired them out.

Hogbody

Looks like other teams have already dominated our next opponent...should hopefully be an easy one

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Hogbody on August 14, 2012, 10:16:32 pm
Looks like other teams have already dominated our next opponent...should hopefully be an easy one

or a very ugly one.

azhog10

Quote from: fatmanhog on August 14, 2012, 08:02:22 pm
havent seen anything on Madden? how has he played?
He's been talked about in almost every post game write up, so you shouldn't have to look or read very far. He's leading our team in assists on the trip.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Coty Clarke: 10pts, 10 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals

Mike found a good one. 

Dogtown Donkey

If Coty Clarke can average around 10 boards a game in SEC play, I'd be through the roof. We finished 10th in the league last season with 34 RPG. If we can get that up there towards the top (somewhere in the 37-40 range), this could be a really good year.

Clarke - 8 RPG
Powell - 6 RPG
Mickelson - 6 RPG
Qualls - 4 RPG
Scott - 4 RPG
Madden - 4 RPG
Young - 3 RPG
Williams - 3 RPG
Wade - 2 RPG

That gets us to 40 RPG. I think it's possible. UK led the league at 39.2 RPG last season. That kind of rebounding + depth + B.J. + Powell + junior/sophomore improvements = good year. Hope everything falls into place and we have no big injuries. Sadly, I'm almost scared to get excited with how the past few years have gone.

azhog10

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on August 15, 2012, 09:58:14 am
If Coty Clarke can average around 10 boards a game in SEC play, I'd be through the roof. We finished 10th in the league last season with 34 RPG. If we can get that up there towards the top (somewhere in the 37-40 range), this could be a really good year.

Clarke - 8 RPG
Powell - 6 RPG
Mickelson - 6 RPG
Qualls - 4 RPG
Scott - 4 RPG
Madden - 4 RPG
Young - 3 RPG
Williams - 3 RPG
Wade - 2 RPG

That gets us to 40 RPG. I think it's possible. UK led the league at 39.2 RPG last season. That kind of rebounding + depth + B.J. + Powell + junior/sophomore improvements = good year. Hope everything falls into place and we have no big injuries. Sadly, I'm almost scared to get excited with how the past few years have gone.
I agree it would be nice. I wonder how many shots were shot by the these teams in Italy and how it compares to the average amount of shots that were shot against us in a game last year. I am assuming with the lower shot clock teams were shooting a few more shots than norma which leads to more possible rebounds. I am more concerened with the amount of offensive rebounds we are giving up.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: azhog10 on August 15, 2012, 09:09:02 am
He's been talked about in almost every post game write up, so you shouldn't have to look or read very far. He's leading our team in assists on the trip.
my apologies I looked at the links provided and never his name mentioned. How many asst is he averaging?
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

azhog10

Quote from: fatmanhog on August 15, 2012, 11:58:20 am
my apologies I looked at the links provided and never his name mentioned. How many asst is he averaging?
I'd have to go back and look but somewhere around 6 a game.

Breems

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on August 15, 2012, 09:58:14 am

Aside from low post defense, rebounding is a big worry... especially when we lost our leading rebounder over the offseason.  Our guards/perimeter players will have to continue fighting for boards.  Oh, and I know we get the "Mike trades rebounds for steals" and "Mike will never have a true big man" speeches, but I believe even Coach A would prefer a taller roster at this point. 

Luckily, it seems we'll still have decent size across the entire roster to pick up the slack.  As far as low post defense, it will haunt us badly this year.  Mickelson will need to attend a Joe Adams seminar on elusiveness to avoid early foul trouble against SEC teams.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

azhog10

Quote from: Breems on August 15, 2012, 12:54:50 pm
Aside from low post defense, rebounding is a big worry... especially when we lost our leading rebounder over the offseason.  Our guards/perimeter players will have to continue fighting for boards.  Oh, and I know we get the "Mike trades rebounds for steals" and "Mike will never have a true big man" speeches, but I believe even Coach A would prefer a taller roster at this point. 

Luckily, it seems we'll still have decent size across the entire roster to pick up the slack.  As far as low post defense, it will haunt us badly this year.  Mickelson will need to attend a Joe Adams seminar on elusiveness to avoid early foul trouble against SEC teams.
UNC may be calling you pretty soon to see what U of A named and listed that class as.....LOL