Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis Upset

Started by Tony Perkis, August 02, 2012, 08:23:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Perkis

"Arkansas rules are bogus. I swear. Cant even attend the elite 24 over some bs. I'm gone keep grinding though. They can't steal my joy."

Wish he could go.  :razorback:

Brewerfan10

The Elite 24 is big time. I wish he could go too. What rule is he talking about?

The Boar War

Wonder what rules those are?

Tony Perkis

I was about to ask the same thing.

mhuff

Arkansas rarely has a 5* BB or FB player. It is hurting the program if we can't showcase our players. This rule needs to be changed unless there is a bigger picture. Can anyone help the guy out? Who needs to be contacted? We need some info and contact people. I knew this was going to happen by the comment Portis made recently about it. I hate to see a kid get cheated.

grayhawg

Quote from: The Boar War on August 02, 2012, 08:27:27 pm
Wonder what rules those are?
read somewhere it is some high school rules, Arkansas Activities Association maybe?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: grayhawg on August 02, 2012, 08:42:07 pm
read somewhere it is some high school rules, Arkansas Activities Association maybe?
Imagine that. Who would have ever thought AAA made a terrible rule  ::)

mhuff

FCJ, does Siler down at Palestine still have anything to do with AAA?

Arazorbackguy1

He isn't talking about university of Arkansas.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Billy Bayou

So we have a gol dang rediculous rule and nobody knows what the rule is?

mmhogs17

some AAA rule about missing school I believe.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: mmhogs17 on August 02, 2012, 09:37:07 pm
some AAA rule about missing school I believe.
There were kids in my school that would miss to go to a poetry festival at Harding, yet he can't go to something as big as this?

The Boar War

Quote from: Tony Perkis on August 02, 2012, 09:50:11 pm
There were kids in my school that would miss to go to a poetry festival at Harding, yet he can't go to something as big as this?

Sounds like Portis needs to catch a mysterious illness for the duration of the Elite 24.  Any obliging medical professionals willing to sign off?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: The Boar War on August 02, 2012, 10:12:03 pm
Sounds like Portis needs to catch a mysterious illness for the duration of the Elite 24.  Any obliging medical professionals willing to sign off?
My uncle is a dentist...

Breems

Quote from: Tony Perkis on August 02, 2012, 10:19:14 pm
My uncle is a dentist...

Funny... I don't remember Uncle Tony being especially trained in the orthodontic arts.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Danny J

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Breems on August 02, 2012, 10:56:47 pm
Funny... I don't remember Uncle Tony being especially trained in the orthodontic arts.
Well in my absence of posting (still have been reading) I have picked up on some new things.

The_Iceman

Tony Perkis

BrooklynRoss

I recommend rest and some time spent in a pressurized air situation followed by a mild tropical environment for Mr. Portis's tooth condition.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Tripod1

Quote from: mhuff on August 02, 2012, 09:04:40 pm
FCJ, does Siler down at Palestine still have anything to do with AAA?
I'm not FCJ but was born and raised in Palestine and had Siler A's my coach. Many many years ago!!
To answer your question...no he is retired living on the farm in Rondo.  Saw him a couple weeks ago.  He is playing golf with the old guys and enjoying grandkids. 

mhuff

Has done a lot for Arkansas athletics. I think he used to be in charge of AAA

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Tripod1

August 04, 2012, 11:25:58 am #23 Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:27:49 am by Tripod1
Quote from: mhuff on August 03, 2012, 10:55:28 pm
Has done a lot for Arkansas athletics. I think he used to be in charge of AAA
Siler was one of the associate directors with the AAA.  He was in charge of officials in basketball, football andmaybee couple other sports.  Took complaints from coaches concerning officiating problems.  Jim Coats was the executive director while Siler was there.  After Siler retired from his AAA position he still did some football and basketball observations of officials but has since gotten completely away from all sports and just living the good life.

yraciv

Another huge AAA blunder, but thats nothing new. I'm just glad everyone can make the playoffs now in 6A because they thought a point system would be too complicated.

yraciv

http://www.ahsaa.org/page/6/staff?type=page

Here's the staff if anyone wants to put in a word for Portis, but best I can tell they aren't the best at getting things accomplished.

mhuff

Quote from: Tripod1 on August 04, 2012, 11:25:58 am
Siler was one of the associate directors with the AAA.  He was in charge of officials in basketball, football andmaybee couple other sports.  Took complaints from coaches concerning officiating problems.  Jim Coats was the executive director while Siler was there.  After Siler retired from his AAA position he still did some football and basketball observations of officials but has since gotten completely away from all sports and just living the good life.

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear he is enjoying life. He has earned it.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Probably has something to do with the amount of All-Star games or Camps you can attend in a year..