Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ron Crawford said on dts

Started by UNCLE BACK, July 29, 2012, 10:00:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

That Hunter Mickleson had added 15 pounds so far since March. He also said Madden had not added any weight. Hunter told Ron that the new players are all very athletic and the scrimmages have been very good.

RazorAg

Quote from: pridgehog on July 29, 2012, 10:00:57 am
That Hunter Mickleson had added 15 pounds so far since March. He also said Madden had not added any weight. Hunter told Ron that the new players are all very athletic and the scrimmages have been very good.

Both weight comments are very surprising to me if true.

Porked Tongue

Madden is not showing the committment level that we would desire.  ;)

uncle bubs

Exactly what I'd hoped for out of Mick.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

jry04

Quote from: RazorAg on July 29, 2012, 10:05:01 am
Both weight comments are very surprising to me if true.
Madden is surprising, but not Mickelson. Mickelson added a lot of weight when he arrived to campus last year.

hvsupastar

Does Madden need to gain weight? Physically he seemed fine to me. He was just below average skillfully
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 29, 2012, 05:56:32 pm
Does Madden need to gain weight? Physically he seemed fine to me. He was just below average skillfully
No, 6 foot 5 170 is great! Yes he needs to be around 190

UNCLE BACK

I hope B.J has put a few pounds on. To me B.J could look similar to Russell Westbrook if he worked hard. Westbrook is small but plays strong.

Danny J

I see where you are coming from but another 10-20lbs would be nice if it didn't slow his game. I do think last year was a HUGE learning curve for both players. They should be much better this year if they put in the work.

BigSexyHog

He doesn't need to gain weight.  Just a reason for people on hogville to bi.tch about something. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hvsupastar

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 29, 2012, 06:32:57 pm
He doesn't need to gain weight.  Just a reason for people on hogville to bi.tch about something. 

I was just thinking I can't remember one single play where he was out muscled or out manned. I guess more muscle could help him develop a different kind of offense than what he had before. I don't know
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

mhuff

Bigsexy, if Ky wants to play pro ball... he ain't do'in it at 170. They will break him in half. Wonder if he has been working out to get stronger. I would think it would be mandatory. Some people just have a high metabolism. I played h.s. ball with a guy that you would swear had a hollow leg. He could not gain a pound.

hvsupastar

Play pro ball? I just want him to be a productive player for us

Ugly Uncle

Hunter has gained weight, but he still looks like he is 14.  Maybe he should grow some facial hair like James Harden.
Retired Radio Host

Porked Tongue

Well, gaining weight is important if the staff is wanting you to add some muscle.  But that is the least of his problems.

mbgrulz

I like the idea of gaining weight for most of the guys, but it. Needs to be the right type of weight. Adding a bunch of fat just for the sake of weight is counterproductive for a hooper. 15 lbs seems reasonable from march til
now I guess, but I hope he is a little more shredded than he was last year. I thought his added weight last year ended up around his waist.

My question is what kind of player is Mickleson going to be? A power post player or a mismatch stretch 5 type post?

Porked Tongue

Huge year for Mickelson as far as development and his future.

The Boar War

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 29, 2012, 07:07:31 pm
Well, gaining weight is important if the staff is wanting you to add some muscle.  But that is the least of his problems.

Seems like there's a story there.

IronHog

If he can get up to 300 or so they can move him to weak OT.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

iluvmyslute89

husker71

You are right if Madden wants to play in NBA he needs to gain weight   signed George "ICEMAN" Gervin

Biggus Piggus

If Madden wants to play in the NBA he needs to gain skills and self-control.
[CENSORED]!

mhuff

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 30, 2012, 08:20:59 am
If Madden wants to play in the NBA he needs to gain skills and self-control.

and weight and strength.

I am not going to knock his production as a freshman. He averaged 8 points a game. That's pretty close to what I  expected anyway. I have said before in other threads that I expect Mickelson and he to really improve this year.That's my story and I am sticking to it.

RazorAg

I'll put some context around my original comment.

Mickelson and Abron's weight gain before the season was the start of a process.  Abron gained too much bad weight.  Mickelson nearly did.

Mickelson at 240 is a good weight for right now.  I think he could float between 240 and 250 and be fine with the type of player he is.  But, like mbgrulz said, it needs to be right type of weight.

Mickelson was a little soft and pudgy last year at 240.  I expected him to chisle at that weight and not gain much more.  If he's gained 15 pounds of muscle while toning, then that's probably a good thing, but I do think he needs to stay in the Kevin Garnett mold in that he doesn't need to compromise his strengths, which are energy and ability to get up and down the floor very well.

Madden absolutely needs to gain weight, and for anyone to suggest he doesn't surprises me as much as anything I've seen on here.  He was a twig!  He has a great frame to hold weight.  Very broad.  Just painfully skinny last year.  I agree that 185-190 should be a target weight for him at 6'5.

I've been thinking that it's interesting that he's been in LR this half of the summer.  I haven't talked to any of my main contacts about why.

mhuff

Quote from: mbgrulz on July 29, 2012, 07:20:39 pm
I like the idea of gaining weight for most of the guys, but it. Needs to be the right type of weight. Adding a bunch of fat just for the sake of weight is counterproductive for a hooper. 15 lbs seems reasonable from march til
now I guess, but I hope he is a little more shredded than he was last year. I thought his added weight last year ended up around his waist.

My question is what kind of player is Mickleson going to be? A power post player or a mismatch stretch 5 type post?

I agree that HM's weight did collect around his middle..... now he just needs to tone it up. He had to gain some weight ,and he has worked on it the last couple of years. I hope to see Hunter shoot more 3's and midrange shots, get into rebounding position,and move those feet on defense. .... Madden.. I hope to see more midrange shots.

UNCLE BACK

I do not care who the production comes from, I just want some.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: RazorAg on July 30, 2012, 10:38:35 am
I've been thinking that it's interesting that he's been in LR this half of the summer.  I haven't talked to any of my main contacts about why.

There it is.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

RazorAg

Quote from: Piggy Marley on July 30, 2012, 01:44:45 pm
He gone?

No, he's just been in LR.  He's back now.  Saw him on campus yesterday.

HawgAdvocate

July 30, 2012, 02:35:46 pm #29 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:39:36 pm by HawgAdvocate
Here's the updated roster. Madden appears to have added six pounds (if accurate). Surprising to see Qualls still listed at 6'5" and 205lbs in light of all the speculation on here the past few months. 

And Mitchell will obviously not be going overseas with the team, just in case someone asks.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Piggy Marley on July 30, 2012, 01:44:45 pm
He gone?
No. I'm sorry if that was what you read into that.

He's just been away from campus quite a bit his summer.   Not really a strong move on his part.

And if no one has heard Powell has been playing.  His stamina has held him back a bt.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: mhuff on July 30, 2012, 11:23:21 am
I agree that HM's weight did collect around his middle..... now he just needs to tone it up. He had to gain some weight ,and he has worked on it the last couple of years. I hope to see Hunter shoot more 3's and midrange shots, get into rebounding position,and move those feet on defense. .... Madden.. I hope to see more midrange shots.

If he's shooting threes, he won't often find himself in rebounding position.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

mhuff

July 30, 2012, 03:41:26 pm #32 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:46:09 pm by mhuff
Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 30, 2012, 02:59:35 pm
No. I'm sorry if that was what you read into that.

He's just been away from campus quite a bit his summer.   Not really a strong move on his part.

And if no one has heard Powell has been playing.  His stamina has held him back a bt.

PT, RazorAg ,anyone, has Madden  been  going to school this summer and playing pickup games with his teammates? I was under the impression that usually all the players stayed.....especially with the Italy trip coming up.

Porked Tongue

He went home for awhile this summer and it didn't go over well.  I understand he is in summer school this session. 

outlawhogeywells

If nothing else the roster above shows Madden at 181,  not the 170 that was mentioned earlier in the thread

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Fatty McGee on July 30, 2012, 03:17:41 pm
If he's shooting threes, he won't often find himself in rebounding position.

Your 2's and 3's had better be able to shoot a consistent three, at least enough to keep a defense honest.  It's a big disadvantage is they can't.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

azhog10

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 31, 2012, 09:26:08 am
Your 2's and 3's had better be able to shoot a consistent three, at least enough to keep a defense honest.  It's a big disadvantage is they can't.
I think he was referring to Mick. Saying it's hard for him to rebound if he's shooting long two's and three's.

PonderinHog

Quote from: azhog10 on July 31, 2012, 10:04:34 am
I think he was referring to Mick. Saying it's hard for him to rebound if he's shooting long two's and three's.
What about on the other end of the floor?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on July 31, 2012, 10:04:34 am

Ok, thanks.  My confusion, my bad. +1
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 31, 2012, 10:17:26 am
What about on the other end of the floor?
I'm not making excuses for his lack of rebounding. I think we will see a much improvement in overall rebounding. I still don't think we will just blow teams away in rebounding, however I do think with the system MA has this may be one of the better rebounding teams he's had in quite a while.

Hans Gruber

Mickelson is going to be a monster.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hans Gruber on July 31, 2012, 03:39:05 pm
I'm a big fan of Hunter, but I sure hope he's putting as much time into his foot-work around the basket as he is eating 2 extra orders of french fries.....all Hunter needs to be a bigtime player in college and then in the NBA is to look at film of Kevin McHale, say from oh, about 1986. McHale had the best foot-work of any 'big' I've ever seen.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

mhuff

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 31, 2012, 09:26:08 am

This year I think we will have those bases covered and score more inside.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Hans Gruber on July 31, 2012, 03:39:05 pm
I'll just say I hope you are correct.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 31, 2012, 04:13:00 pm
I'll just say I hope you are correct.
great gif for your avatar...funny everytime I see it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

MM-gohogs

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on July 29, 2012, 07:05:12 pm
Hunter has gained weight, but he still looks like he is 14.  Maybe he should grow some facial hair like James Harden.
Quote from: sevenof400 on July 29, 2012, 09:32:38 pm
Shouldn't we all?

I love where you head is at UU, love my Thunder, but if Mick goes the way of "The Beard" it could have terrible unintended consequences like this:

aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

jesterzzn

Ya know, it's 2 in the morning, my girl had Jersey Shore on in the background, and I saw this thread and read it as, "Ron Crawford said he's dtf."

Pig in the Pokey

so, counting McKay we have 18 players??? kind of alot. Also, i'm really disappointed in Kikko! 160lbs?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

The Arkansas staff is more worried about Madden's ball handling and his speed and not much his muscle accord to Madden's Dad..  They are trying to turn him into a true ball handler and work on the other stuff later.. 

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 12, 2012, 09:45:17 am
so, counting McKay we have 18 players??? kind of alot. Also, i'm really disappointed in Kikko! 160lbs?

17 is the limit, IIRC. 13 scholarship, 4 non-scholarship. Gulley, Spivey, Kikko are for sure on the team. That only leaves one spot for McKay or Mitchell.