Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

did marshaun powell get hurt?

Started by AFhawg, November 18, 2011, 11:37:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Milanese

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2011, 04:39:47 pm
I wish we could have seen this team with Powell play UConn.

Word!

Thankfully, the SEC doesn't seem to be that great (once again) this year. MSU, Florida, UK and Bama are all above-average to good basketball teams. I think we can go head-to-head with everyone else.

Farrestor

I don't think we will have a PF now. Probably 3 guards and a swingman and 1 post.
King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

Farrestor

I don't think we will have a PF now. Probably 3 guards and a swingman and 1 post.
King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

Beaverfever

If Mitchell was willing to switch positions in football to see the field I bet he'd be willing to play some bball.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 18, 2011, 04:13:23 pm
Mitchell needs to stay with football. He'll be "the man" in 2013.
Not at QB.

jimmur74

Let me interject....Powells knee needs recontruction. I HAVE sources inside the program. I reported it this morning. I'm sorry this happened but it did. Let's wish him a full recovery and move on with the season. WPS

Quote from: RAZORPIGGIE on November 18, 2011, 04:02:29 pm
God you don't know anymore than anyone else. If you have connections at the UofA then I'm freaking Superman. And my first name isn't Clark.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 18, 2011, 04:34:40 pm
If we beat Houston tonight, I think we will definitely go into conference play with less than 3 losses. Charlotte and OU are the only other two teams we play before our first conference play that can beat us. Obviously, I am counting UConn as a loss. Charlotte and OU both look bad early on. Charlotte returns a lot of players so we will have our hands full there. We have enough talent on this team to overcome this and have a solid non-conference. Tonight and Charlotte are our toughest non-conference games outside of Michigan and UConn.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Charlotte projects to be very good. They may return a lot of players, but they only won 2 conference games last year in the A-10 and only 10 on the season. They're projected to finish among the bottom 3-4 teams in the A-10 this season.

steveking3000

100% ACL tear for sure... Before everyone starts abandoning the HOGS lets remember this was going to be a 18 or 19 win season if we were lucky and now we at least get to Medical Powell and have 2 more years with him along with the young studs... Lets hope for solid hard play and maybe get a chance to see the Hogs play some NIT postseason! WPS

Beaverfever

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 18, 2011, 05:12:08 pm
I could be wrong, but I don't think Charlotte projects to be very good. They may return a lot of players, but they only won 2 conference games last year in the A-10 and only 10 on the season. They're projected to finish among the bottom 3-4 teams in the A-10 this season.
Yeah don't think they're very good.  I'd still list them as a team that could beat us along with Miss Valley State and maybe one other team.  Including Houston, OU, and Uconn of course.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: steveking3000 on November 18, 2011, 05:20:53 pm
100% ACL tear for sure... Before everyone starts abandoning the HOGS lets remember this was going to be a 18 or 19 win season if we were lucky and now we at least get to Medical Powell and have 2 more years with him along with the young studs... Lets hope for solid hard play and maybe get a chance to see the Hogs play some NIT postseason! WPS

That's a great outlook on things. That, and Abron and Mickelson will get more seasoning now.

Hogsfan1981

..................well this is worse than Knile. I was really excited and looking forward to this season. It's not over but the excitement is gone for now.

I can't take much more of this. How the hell do we lose our best player on the football team and now our main man in basetball.

This freaking hurts. I feel for Powell. Just like Knile he was set to have a great season.

$%@&!

Red Tusk

Can anyone tell me if Marshawn has had surgery yet? Anyone know his status on rehab?
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

caneybuck

Quote from: Red Tusk on January 28, 2012, 03:20:59 pm
Can anyone tell me if Marshawn has had surgery yet? Anyone know his status on rehab?

He was supposed to have surgery sometime in January.  They said on the post game show on 103.7 today that he had infact had the surgery and was having rehab.  Hope that is correct. 

Pork Twain

And after MP was lost for the season, we were realistic for a short period.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/