Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

did marshaun powell get hurt?

Started by AFhawg, November 18, 2011, 11:37:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AFhawg

Powell out for tonight's game.  No further details.

Kenny Buzzhog

Dogtown Donkey

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mmhogs17

The_Iceman

Doesn't sound "season ending" to me if it is only for tonight.

ttrk05

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2011, 11:56:24 am

Maybe it is just Coach A answering the media's question with, "He's out for tonight and that's all I can say right now.", etc.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2011, 11:56:24 am

I don't believe it was reported that he was "only" out for tonight. Just that he would not play tonight. That could go either way.

mmhogs17

If this was legit, you would figure our media guys would be reporting it. We've been fooled by Sports Talk Radio sources before.

Nothing on Twitter at this time.

jry04

He was fine Wednesday, and supposedly in class fine on Thursday morning. If he was injured, it had to of been last night. However, they do a light practice the day before a game so it seems very unlikely to get a season ending injury the day before a game during a shoot around/walkthrough. If I had to guess, if he is injured it is probably just a tweak and we are keeping him out as precaution. Someone probably heard knee injury and jumped to conclusion. The people I know that are within in the program said they have not heard anything. They could be just saying that, but I wouldn't be so sure it is a season ending injury.

cosmodrum

Ok, so NOW I can freak the hell out.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before Sanchez' foot explodes or something.

We have had the worst luck with injuries in fball and bball.
Go away, batin'

Kenny Buzzhog

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 18, 2011, 11:58:26 am
I don't believe it was reported that he was "only" out for tonight. Just that he would not play tonight. That could go either way.
This is correct.

beasley

I think he said Coach Anderson would address it after the game.
Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

The Hogfather

Beaverfever

So it sounds like he is hurt and they are waiting on the MRI.

HawgAdvocate

November 18, 2011, 12:05:07 pm #16 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:08:27 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 18, 2011, 11:59:43 am
If this was legit, you would figure our media guys would be reporting it. We've been fooled by Sports Talk Radio sources before.

Nothing on Twitter at this time.

It's legit. The extent of the injury is still unconfirmed, which is why nothing has been shared yet via Twitter. The media guys only ask around like this when the SID and basketball office won't comment on the matter or take their calls.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorhead94

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 18, 2011, 11:59:58 am
He was fine Wednesday, and supposedly in class fine on Thursday morning. If he was injured, it had to of been last night. However, they do a light practice the day before a game so it seems very unlikely to get a season ending injury the day before a game during a shoot around/walkthrough. If I had to guess, if he is injured it is probably just a tweak and we are keeping him out as precaution. Someone probably heard knee injury and jumped to conclusion. The people I know that are within in the program said they have not heard anything. They could be just saying that, but I wouldn't be so sure it is a season ending injury.

This....there is no ACL injury.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

mmhogs17

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2011, 12:05:07 pm
It's legit. The extent of the injury is still unconfirmed, which is why nothing has been shared yet via Twitter. The media guys only ask around like this when the SID and basketball office won't comment on the matter or take their calls.

I believe they think it's an ACL, but the swelling has to go down before they can know for sure. 

Figured we would get a 'Powell out tonight vs Houston' or something from somebody if legit. Not asking for a diagnosis.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 18, 2011, 12:07:59 pm
Figured we would get a 'Powell out tonight vs Houston' or something from somebody if legit. Not asking for a diagnosis.

The media guys are asking specifically about an ACL. Someone has told them that an ACL injury has occured, which is why I mentioned it.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mccurdy

Is all ACL injuries as bad as the others. Guess what i'm saying could he have tweeked it and it not be as bad as tearing it?

Breems

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2011, 12:09:47 pm
The media guys are asking specifically about an ACL. Someone has told them that an ACL injury has occured, which is why I mentioned it.

Are there any "good" ACL injuries? 

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Breems on November 18, 2011, 12:13:13 pm
Are there any "good" ACL injuries? 

A strain or partial tear is certainly better than a full tear when it comes to ligaments.

The Boar War

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 18, 2011, 12:06:54 pm
This....there is no ACL injury.

That doesn't prove anything about an ACL either way.

The Boar War

Quote from: mccurdy on November 18, 2011, 12:12:36 pm
Is all ACL injuries as bad as the others. Guess what i'm saying could he have tweeked it and it not be as bad as tearing it?

There are varying degrees of acl injury.

jimmur74

He is out for the season now lets move on

hogfan2000

I started the original thread that was sent to the trash can because of the lack of a source.  I posed a question instead of stating what I heard because I knew I would be crucified for breaking something before the know it alls.  Now that it is out there, I have heard from a very reliable source that he indeed has torn his ACL.  Bad break for everyone involved. 

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: jimmur74 on November 18, 2011, 12:17:02 pm
He is out for the season now lets move on

Shut up.

You don't expect people to just "move on" when something like this happens, especially we really don't even know for sure what has happened.

OzarkHighs

It's popping up on Twitter now:
woopigsooie Hog Database News
Arkansas' Basketball: Marshawn Powell is out tonight with an undisclosed injury.

mccurdy

Please don't let him be out for the season. I'm just going to pray this isn't true.

Porked Tongue

November 18, 2011, 12:27:35 pm #30 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:09:45 pm by Porked Tongue
It's not too bad.   Take a breath and wait on it.

Edit: I rushed that ^^ post.  To clarify somewhat I meant not "too bad" from the behaviorial standpoint.  Sorry if that created a false thought.

LR Hog

He is OUT for the season.  No link but unfortunately it is true.  Damnit!  I was just getting excited about Hog basketball for the first time in a long time.
Like a boss.

Spider-Pig

I'm going with a tweak or something minor. Acl would've been reported already

The Hogfather

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 18, 2011, 12:27:35 pm
It's not too bad.   Take a breath and wait on it.

What isn't too bad?  His injury or the fact that he's out for the season?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Spider-Pig on November 18, 2011, 12:29:46 pm
I'm going with a tweak or something minor. Acl would've been reported already

I'm hoping.

jry04

I find it hilarious that everyone on here knows exactly what is wrong and how long he will be out, but not a single person in the media has even given a timetable on how long he is out or what the injury is. If people on this message board have sources, I know our members of the media do. Our media is bad, but it has been over 3 hours since the original thread was made about this. If it was a torn ACL and he is out for the season, I feel pretty confident someone would have at least made tweets about it.

jry04

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 18, 2011, 12:31:01 pm
What isn't too bad?  His injury or the fact that he's out for the season?
How is it a fact he is out for the season when nothing has been confirmed?

mmhogs17

I'm inclined to believe it's a tweak with absolutely nothing be said by any media. I don't want to hear how they won't say anything until the injury is diagnosed, that's never how the media has worked.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 18, 2011, 12:33:25 pm
How is it a fact he is out for the season when nothing has been confirmed?

The media guys aren't being told that it "isn't an ACL injury." They are hearing that it is though.

The Boar War

Remember when Knile tore his ACL earlier in the year?

Neither do I but it was widely reported on hogville (all the while being supported with claims of insider knowledge).

jry04

November 18, 2011, 12:39:02 pm #40 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:40:52 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: The Boar War on November 18, 2011, 12:35:37 pm
Remember when Knile tore his ACL earlier in the year?

Neither do I but it was widely reported on hogville (all the while being supported with claims of insider knowledge).

But it was also on everyone's twitter at the same time. Multiple members of the media were tweeting about it, the radio was talking about it, it was everywhere. Hogville was not where the news was broke. Within an hour ESPN had a story on their front page saying Knile Davis hurt, but injury unknown.

Nobody is talking about this other than Hogville, and 103.7 said he was out tonight but nothing more. I am saying it did not happen, however I cannot figure out how he would have torn his ACL in the last 24 hours and nobody outside of Hogville have a clue, and us only having a walkthrough yesterday. Here we are quite a few hours after he supposedly was injured and no word of it from anyone but message boards.

Smithian

Chill everyone.

Let stuff play out before you freak out.

mmhogs17

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on November 18, 2011, 12:34:41 pm
The media guys aren't being told that it "isn't an ACL injury." They are hearing that it is though.

Well, until I see them confirm a major injury, I'll believe this is all message board rumors.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 18, 2011, 12:39:02 pm
Nobody is talking about this other than Hogville,

Talking, and talking publicly, are two separate things when it comes to the media. They're just waiting for the basketball office to tell them what needs to be told.

The Hogfather

But it was also on everyone's twitter at the same time. Multiple members of the media were tweeting about it, the radio was talking about it, it was everywhere. Hogville was not where the news was broke. Within an hour ESPN had a story on their front page saying Knile Davis hurt, but injury unknown.

Nobody is talking about this other than Hogville, and 103.7 said he was out tonight but nothing more. I am saying it did not happen, however I cannot figure out how he would have torn his ACL in the last 24 hours and nobody outside of Hogville have a clue, and us only having a walkthrough yesterday.

There were also tons of people at the practice, including people tweeting from practice.  I've yet to hear if there were people at practice or the walkthrough or wherever he hurt himself.

The Hogfather

November 18, 2011, 12:43:10 pm #45 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:44:59 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: Smithian on November 18, 2011, 12:39:13 pm
Chill everyone.

Let stuff play out before you freak out.

WHY?!!?!?!!?!?

jry04

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 18, 2011, 12:41:13 pm
There were also tons of people at the practice, including people tweeting from practice.  I've yet to hear if there were people at practice or the walkthrough or wherever he hurt himself.
Word travels fast. Unless he fell down stairs this morning or slept on it wrong, it likely happened last night. Out of all of the managers, trainers, and players that are there, someone had to of told somebody outside of the arena. You would think, by now, someone would have known about it.

Farrestor

IF True, Will he be able to redshirt if he played two games medically?
King Of DeQueen's Brilliance:
Man of the Silver Mountain - Live in Munich - 1977 - youtube it.

it eventually rolls into a slow blues jam with Dio sounding incredible.  Blackmore just eff's around most the time, dazzling as always.

Porked Tongue

Players are on big time lockdown on the info.  They are not even telling friends.   You're going to have to wait.

The Boar War

Nobody is talking about this other than Hogville, and 103.7 said he was out tonight but nothing more. I am saying it did not happen, however I cannot figure out how he would have torn his ACL in the last 24 hours and nobody outside of Hogville have a clue, and us only having a walkthrough yesterday. Here we are quite a few hours after he supposedly was injured and no word of it from anyone but message boards.

Well that's true but my point was in consideration of something else.  People heard Knile was hurt.  Multiple people come out of the woods saying they've heard from inside sources that Knile has torn his ACL.  Well unfortunately he is out for the year (maybe) but he hurt his ankle.

If the same sort of poster was wrong about Knile it's very possible they could also be wrong about Marshawn.  Unfortunately they could also be correct.  But we'll just have to wait and see.