Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson - WHAT WE KNOW

Started by Adam Alter, March 19, 2011, 10:10:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Alter

The Razorback Nation has spoken with multiple sources tonight who say Mike Anderson is NOT a done deal, although a deal is close.  The death of one of Anderson's close friends has put a stall in the negotiations.

We've also heard one of the sticking points right now is money.  Anderson and the UofA are still apart on the salary number, although not by a staggering amount.

We'll continue to keep our ear to the ground and will update the story when we have more information.

Break & Run

Ben Howland should be our coach, not a ghost of our past.  Ghosts always come back to haunt....
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hogfan@heart

Justifiable Hogicide

Pretty ballsy of Anderson holding us up for even more. Like he's worth it. :puke:

Blue35

Be careful of those multiple sources.

mmhogs17

Quote from: THE BAND GEEK on March 19, 2011, 10:11:49 pm
Ben Howland should be our coach, not a ghost of our past.  Ghosts always come back to haunt....

Who is to say Howland was a legit possibility? Nobody, just rumors

DoubleJ

Where the hell is all this Ben Howland stuff coming from?  Can someone please enlighten me as to why he would leave UCLA?

PIGskin Pride

I have never taken a new job without trying to get all I can up front.  If they offered him 5 mill I would expect him to counter at 5.5.  Thats just how it works. 

Good info.

ksrazorback

Hope this to be another smoke screen... this ship has sailed!!

** Go Razorbacks **
Would like to see GM if BS is not available...
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

GuvHog

Quote from: DoubleJ on March 19, 2011, 10:16:22 pm
Where the hell is all this Ben Howland stuff coming from?  Can someone please enlighten me as to why he would leave UCLA?

He believes things have run their course and wants to leave. He is interested in the head Hog job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: ksrazorback on March 19, 2011, 10:16:57 pm
Hope this to be another smoke screen... this ship has sailed!!

** Go Razorbacks **
Would like to see GM if BS is not available...
This reminds me of "Let them eat cake."

DoubleJ

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 19, 2011, 10:21:13 pm
He believes things have run their course and wants to leave. He is interested in the head Hog job.

Not buying it.  Things don't "run their course" at UCLA.

ChicoHog

Sad to hear about a death of a friend but I sure hope Long does not settle for Anderson right away.  take your time, do it right like the SOS band said back in the day.  Let's exhaust all options and make a well educated decision, not a knee jerk reaction to sell some season tickets.  Please Howland, call Jeff long now!!

GuvHog

Quote from: PIGskin Pride on March 19, 2011, 10:16:45 pm
I have never taken a new job without trying to get all I can up front.  If they offered him 5 mill I would expect him to counter at 5.5.  Thats just how it works. 

Good info.

I've heard he wants 3 million a year and they won't pay him that.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 19, 2011, 10:21:13 pm
Where is your info coming from, not hogville I hope

deucea729

I would support Mike 100%.

But I have this sinking feeling that we're gonna regret this if true...

Ironhawg

MA is not represented by Sexton is he?  If he is, we could  just being used to hold up MU for more moolah.

hogsam

Jimmy Sexton will get all he can.  And the client may not even be aware of it.

mmhogs17

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 19, 2011, 10:22:38 pm

Somebody told you wrong, very wrong.

mmhogs17

Quote from: helmuthjr21 on March 19, 2011, 10:23:00 pm

Exactly where It's coming from. The Howland thing has proven to be nothing more than rumors thus far.

GuvHog

Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 19, 2011, 10:25:21 pm
Somebody told you wrong, very wrong.

That's what was posted earlier today. There's a whole thread about it.

HF#1

KARK reported that "Mike Anderson will sign with Arkansas."  She was reporting from a tournament site maybe?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

cashmoneyman_04

except for casper
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

GuvHog

March 19, 2011, 10:28:22 pm #23 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:33:24 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: helmuthjr21 on March 19, 2011, 10:23:00 pm

Yes and it was stated by Mark Lericos on the Ugly Uncle Show.

Billy Bayou

Quote from: Adam Alter on March 19, 2011, 10:10:49 pm
The Razorback Nation has spoken with multiple sources tonight who say Mike Anderson is NOT a done deal, although a deal is close.  The death of one of Anderson's close friends has put a stall in the negotiations.

We've also heard one of the sticking points right now is money.  Anderson and the UofA are still apart on the salary number, although not by a staggering amount.

We'll continue to keep our ear to the ground and will update the story when we have more information.
The death of a close friend but Anderson was recruiting in Columbia and Hutchinson KS today.    That doesn't sound like he was held up much.  Sure it wasn't Sexton's close friend?

Hogbody

Sometimes (most of the time) i wish GUV would get perma-banned

DoubleJ

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 19, 2011, 10:27:34 pm
Howland is 100% Hogville rumor.

That's what I thought.  I imagine the whole Bill Self thing was, too.

DoubleJ

TrueBlue

If they give him that, it would be suicidal act for the program. 

TrueBlue

mmhogs17

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 19, 2011, 10:27:14 pm
That's what was posted earlier today. There's a whole thread about it.

Doesn't make it right.

Hog Milanese

Quote from: DoubleJ on March 19, 2011, 10:28:46 pm
That's what I thought.  I imagine the whole Bill Self thing was, too.

No.

GuvHog

Calling All Hogs

Anderson is not my first choice but he is probably the best you could expect Long to do (maybe even better than I would expect from Long).

S&W

Ghosts always come back to haunt....

This is my thinking also. I cant explain, something just says that hiring Mike is a mistake. I like the man and think he is a good coach and would win wherever he coaches, but IDK just a gut feeling.............. Hey if he is hired he has my support. Just hope he lives up to the hype.

Fort Dweller

March 19, 2011, 10:55:39 pm #35 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:57:19 pm by Fort Dweller
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 19, 2011, 10:28:22 pm
Yes and it was stated by Mark Lericos on the Ugly Uncle Show.

No it wasn't.  Lericos made no mention of a number.  Please stop providing misinformation.  If you want factual evidence regarding this, ask BenDial or UU.  If you would like, I will provide you with the conversation I had with BenDial.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Adam Alter

This number is NOT accurate.  That's all I can say.

HF#1

btw Adam, Mizzou players are tweeting he's gone.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GuvHog

Quote from: hogfan#1 on March 19, 2011, 10:59:09 pm

They retracted those tweets.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: hogfan#1 on March 19, 2011, 10:59:09 pm

Not Leo Lyons.  He deleted it and said he was just hearing the same rumors we are.  Which other players are tweeting this?
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HF#1

I see they took them down..  Nevermind Adam

RD

Quote from: Adam Alter on March 19, 2011, 10:57:32 pm
This number is NOT accurate.  That's all I can say.
Imagine that GUVHOG is WRONG

GuvHog

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 19, 2011, 10:55:39 pm
No it wasn't.  Lericos made no mention of a number.  Please stop providing misinformation.  If you want factual evidence regarding this, ask BenDial or UU.  If you would like, I will provide you with the conversation I had with BenDial.

What are you talking about?? I said that's who stated that Bob Howland is interested in the head Hog job. I said nothing about numbers.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 19, 2011, 10:55:39 pm

I think he (Guv) was talking about Ben Howland not the salary issue. 

Hogberry Snortcake

GuvHog

Quote from: RD on March 19, 2011, 11:04:12 pm
Imagine that GUVHOG is WRONG

I didn't post it, there's a whole thread about it and I wasn't the OP.

kawhog

Bill Self and Ben Howland was just made up.  No way those two ever entertained the idea of coming here.  People never should have gotten their hopes up about them if they did.

swinetologist1

Guv, do you have a bet w/ someone to see how much just plain wrong info you can put out in a given day?
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

GuvHog

Quote from: jlstan on March 19, 2011, 11:04:30 pm
I think he (Guv) was talking about Ben Howland not the salary issue. 

Correct. Thank you.

GuvHog

Quote from: kawhog on March 19, 2011, 11:06:59 pm
Bill Self and Ben Howland was just made up.  No way those two ever entertained the idea of coming here.  People never should have gotten their hopes up about them if they did.

Tell Mark Lericos that. He's the one who said Howland is interested.