Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now KC radio station is reporting...

Started by Ugly Uncle, March 19, 2011, 09:53:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:26:35 am
The bottom line is winning games over a duration of time, and the following Overall Career Winning Percentages shows who can flat out coach and get the job done over a duration of time.   

Jeremy Cox     75.76%

Mike Anderson     67.11%

Not to boast but as my son's fourth-sixth grade basketball coach I am undefeated! My agent has not contacted me with a phone call, YET! But I am still hopeful!
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

donbro

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:26:35 am
The bottom line is winning games over a duration of time, and the following Overall Career Winning Percentages shows who can flat out coach and get the job done over a duration of time.   

Jeremy Cox     75.76%

Mike Anderson     67.11%

I was 4-1 wit my sons little league basketball team my winning % is 80% i will coach the hogs for 175k no bonus but health care benefits. Put my name out there on the message boards Donald Browlings u can be my agent your cut is .000001% ok

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:14:47 am
Jeremy Cox.  He won a National Championship at the UofA Fort Smith.  He was named National Coach of the Year.  Cox had a 85% Winning Percentage during his 3 Seasons as Head Coach at the UofA Fort Smith.  Cox's Overall Career Winning Percentage (8 Seasons of Collegiate Head Coaching) is 75.76%.  Cox recruited Sonny Weems and was Weems' Head Coach at the UofA Fort Smith.    

Words cannot express how hard you fail!!!
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Temprees

Quote from: Sivad on March 20, 2011, 12:27:30 am
No surprise there.
Spin, Spin, Spin.    Missouri has a cap on what they are willing to pay a basketball coach.   Anderson has turned down MORE money on two, maybe 3, separate occasions to remain at Missouri.  He turned down Georgia, Memphis, and Oregon. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HogPitBBQ on March 20, 2011, 12:28:40 am
You sir are an idiot.

Sonny Weems was the best player to play at the UofA in Fayetteville since Ronnie Brewer.  Remember when we played North Carolina in the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament during the Pelphrey's first Season?  Weems was the only Hog player on the court that was at the same level as North Carolina's players.  Cox's coaching of Weems prepared Weems before Weems got to the UofA in Fayetteville.  Weems didn't get that type of excellent coaching in Fayetteville from Heath and Pelphrey. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: fatmanhog on March 20, 2011, 12:27:00 am
sooooooo is this true or some sort of ploy? still not sure.

Me either.  I suspect we will know by the time the Ugly Uncle show goes on the air tomorrow at 2 on 1190 am and 1190thefan.com where you can call in to talk about it at 877.496,1190

Man, I love having a weekend show.

commercial over.
Retired Radio Host

donbro

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:37:35 am
Sonny Weems was the best player to play at the UofA in Fayetteville since Ronnie Brewer.  Remember when we played North Carolina in the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tournament during the Pelphrey's first Season?  Weems was the only Hog player on the court that was at the same level as North Carolina's players.  Cox's coaching of Weems prepared Weems before Weems got to the UofA in Fayetteville.  Weems didn't get that type of excellent coaching in Fayetteville from Heath and Pelphrey. 
or could it be that Weems was on of those once in a lifetime players for Cox. You can change my mind if you can tell me how many other players he developed that are now in the NBA

razorback44

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:37:35 amWeems didn't get that type of excellent coaching in Fayetteville from Heath and Pelphrey. 

Which is why Heath and Pelphrey are both out of jobs here....
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Fort Dweller

Quote from: SquirrelMasterFunk on March 20, 2011, 12:36:08 am
Words cannot express how hard you fail!!!

Sure about that?

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 20, 2011, 12:17:19 am
You're either (a) Jeremy Cox or (b) well-acquainted with the underside of his balls.

I think this shall suffice.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 20, 2011, 12:40:09 am
Me either.  I suspect we will know by the time the Ugly Uncle show goes on the air tomorrow at 2 on 1190 am and 1190thefan.com where you can call in to talk about it at 877.496,1190

Man, I love having a weekend show.

commercial over.

What a smameless plug.  ;)
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: donbro on March 20, 2011, 12:40:28 am
or could it be that Weems was on of those once in a lifetime players for Cox. You can change my mind if you can tell me how many other players he developed that are now in the NBA

Wasn't there at G that we got from there a few years ago that played (playing) for the Lakers?  I know I'm probably way wrong.  Can't remember his name.  Think his last name started with a P.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 20, 2011, 12:43:07 am
What a smameless plug.  ;)

You have know idea how shameless I can be.  LOL.
Retired Radio Host

GoHogs1091

Quote from: donbro on March 20, 2011, 12:40:28 am

Here is a list of Cox's NBA Products (information taken from Cox's Biography).  Jodie Meeks (who scored 45 Points on the Hogs at Bud Walton) is listed. 

Reggie Slater         Minnesota Timberwolves
Tim Breaux            Houston Rockets
Theo Ratliff           Philadelphia 76ers
Acie Law              Golden State Warriors
Joe Crawford         New York Knicks
Sonny Weems        Toronto Raptors
Jodie Meeks           Milwaukee Bucks
Chinemelu Elonu      Los Angeles Lakers
Dominique Jones     Dallas Mavericks
Patrick Patterson    Houston Rockets

East Clintwood

Quote from: pigface on March 20, 2011, 12:21:51 am
From sources,  Missouri making no attempt to keep him

This surprises you?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 20, 2011, 12:45:18 am
Wasn't there at G that we got from there a few years ago that played (playing) for the Lakers?  I know I'm probably way wrong.  Can't remember his name.  Think his last name started with a P.

Pargo?

Sivad

Quote from: Temprees on March 20, 2011, 12:36:08 am
Spin, Spin, Spin.   
Missouri has a cap on what they are willing to pay a basketball coach.   
Well, at least they have a cap on what they are willing to pay Anderson it seems.

razorback44

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 20, 2011, 12:46:56 am
Pargo?

Jannero went to Neosho Community College before coming to Arkansas.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

donbro

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:46:36 am
Here is a list of Cox's NBA Products (information taken from Cox's Biography).  Jodie Meeks (who scored 45 Points on the Hogs at Bud Walton) is listed. 

Didn't he play for Tubby Smith....................FAIL

Fort Dweller

Quote from: razorback44 on March 20, 2011, 12:50:30 am

Thanks.  Couldn't remember which JUCO he went to.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: donbro on March 20, 2011, 12:54:41 am
Didn't he play for Tubby Smith....................FAIL

Cox coached Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, and Patrick Patterson over at Kentucky. 

donbro

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:56:49 am
Cox coached Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, and Patrick Patterson over at Kentucky. 
GoHogs1091 please stop posting garbage 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: donbro on March 20, 2011, 01:02:27 am
GoHogs1091 please stop posting garbage 

I am just posting the truth.  If you want to label the truth as "garbage," no one is stopping you from labeling it as "garbage."  It is your prerogative to label the truth however you want to. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 12:46:36 am

Theo Ratliff?  Really?  Cox was a GA at Wyoming when Ratliff played.  He had nothing to do with Ratliff's development.  As a matter of fact, you can add Tim Breaux, Reggie Slater to list of Wyoming players.

Sonny Weems.  Sonny's best season was under Pel.  He went from a no name to a 2nd round pick in his senior season.  Jeremy Cox had nothing to do with Weems blossoming his senior year.

Dominique Jones was preseason all Big East 1st team.  He started every game in his Freshman and Soph years with a career avg of 18 a game.  All of this before Cox ever set foot in South Florida.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Jones

Acie Law.  Law was already all big 12 before Cox sat foot on A&M campus.  In fact, he was the fourth player in A&M history to amass 1000 career points with 300 assists and 100 steals.  All of this before Cox arrived for the 06-07 season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acie_Law#Junior_year

Chinemelu Elonu was coached by Cox his freshman year.  Under the profound coaching of Cox, Elonu averaged a mind boggling 1.7 pts and 1.8 rebs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=30778
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinemelu_Elonu#College_career

Crawford:  Top 25 all-time scorer in Kentucky history, prior to Cox arrival.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Crawford_(basketball,_born_1986)#College_career
Meeks:  Was on all SEC freshman team and Freshman All-American.  His sophmore year he was injured, but was fully healthy his Jr. year.  He was much heralded before Cox made it to Kentucky.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodie_Meeks 
Patterson:  McD AA in HS.  Amazingly, again, before Cox.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Patterson_(basketball)

In conclusion, your facts are indeed garbage. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 20, 2011, 01:38:40 am
Theo Ratliff?  Really?  Cox was a GA at Wyoming when Ratliff played.  He had nothing to do with Ratliff's development.  As a matter of fact, you can add Tim Breaux, Reggie Slater to list of Wyoming players.

Sonny Weems.  Sonny's best season was under Pel.  He went from a no name to a 2nd round pick in his senior season.  Jeremy Cox had nothing to do with Weems blossoming his senior year.

Dominique Jones was preseason all Big East 1st team.  He started every game in his Freshman and Soph years with a career avg of 18 a game.  All of this before Cox ever set foot in South Florida.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Jones

Acie Law.  Law was already all big 12 before Cox sat foot on A&M campus.  In fact, he was the fourth player in A&M history to amass 1000 career points with 300 assists and 100 steals.  All of this before Cox arrived for the 06-07 season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acie_Law#Junior_year

Chinemelu Elonu was coached by Cox his freshman year.  Under the profound coaching of Cox, Elonu averaged a mind boggling 1.7 pts and 1.8 rebs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=30778
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinemelu_Elonu#College_career

Crawford:  Top 25 all-time scorer in Kentucky history, prior to Cox arrival.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Crawford_(basketball,_born_1986)#College_career
Meeks:  Was on all SEC freshman team and Freshman All-American.  His sophmore year he was injured, but was fully healthy his Jr. year.  He was much heralded before Cox made it to Kentucky.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodie_Meeks 
Patterson:  McD AA in HS.  Amazingly, again, before Cox.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Patterson_(basketball)

In conclusion, your facts are indeed garbage. 

Well, since you feel that way about it, then make contact and let the Web Developer of Cox's Biography know that you feel that the information is garbage.  The list of Cox's NBA Products I posted was directly from the following link (have to scroll down, the list is under his Coaching Career information). 

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3749895

cityhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 19, 2011, 10:28:26 pm
Woo HOO Uncle. this is a great night in Razorback history. Hawg Ball is coming home. Mike is a great hire. hats off to the boosters that got this done. GO HAWGS.

Oh god FCJ, are you really that shallow and stupid?  This is terrible, and what is sad is you will be the first one on the radio female dogging about how bad MA is.  Honestly, I expected better thab=n this from you.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: cityhog on March 20, 2011, 01:50:27 am
Oh god FCJ, are you really that shallow and stupid?  This is terrible, and what is sad is you will be the first one on the radio female dogging about how bad MA is.  Honestly, I expected better thab=n this from you.
I didn't. This continues a pattern.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

BR

610 & 810 are both such a joke of sports stations. They both were great when they started out, but they have both got ego's that have got in the way of doing a good job..

Esp 810, are those guy are so full of themselves it is unreal.. Keven Keitzman is the worst.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Fort Dweller

March 20, 2011, 09:58:55 am #127 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:14:56 am by Fort Dweller
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 01:46:11 am
Well, since you feel that way about it, then make contact and let the Web Developer of Cox's Biography know that you feel that the information is garbage.  The list of Cox's NBA Products I posted was directly from the following link (have to scroll down, the list is under his Coaching Career information). 

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3749895

Why don't you view the part that says coaching career. Focus specifically on the years and the position he held.  Cross reference with the list of players you continue to pimp and it becomes obvious of one staggering fact:  Cox was not instrumental in the development of these players.

I cannot figure out which one is your posts makes the more ridiculous point.  Is is the one that says all these players are the product of Cox?  Or is it the 45 where you say he is more accomplished than Turgeron, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall.  Again, garbage.

elviscat

That doesn't matter anymore since Frank Broyles is gone. The hunger to win is the determining factor, good luck to Mike Anderson. He is really are great guy and he will bring back hogball.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 20, 2011, 09:58:55 am
Or is it the 45 where you say he is more accomplished than Turgeron, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall.  Again, garbage.

As a Head Coach, Jeremy Cox has a higher Overall Career Winning Percentage than does Turgeon, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall.  Cox has also guided a Team to a National Championship, which is something that Turgeon, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall haven't done.  Cox was also named National Coach of the Year.  As far as I know, Turgeon, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall have not ever been named a National Coach of the Year.     

RedSatinHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 01:11:10 pm
As a Head Coach, Jeremy Cox has a higher Overall Career Winning Percentage than does Turgeon, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall.  Cox has also guided a Team to a National Championship, which is something that Turgeon, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall haven't done.  Cox was also named National Coach of the Year.  As far as I know, Turgeon, Martin, Anderson, Williams, and Marshall have not ever been named a National Coach of the Year.    

And he's never been a division I head coach.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

RazorTexan

Texan by choice, Razorback by the grace of God.

Democrats quit telling lies about the right and we will quit telling the truth about you

songofthesword

how in the heck does gohogsgo have a better spite to appaud ratio than i do. I'm not that bad.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 20, 2011, 01:34:22 pm
And he's never been a division I head coach.

Well, at least Jeremy Cox has shown that he can guide a Team through a National Tournament and win a National Championship.  That is a lot better than the First Round exit we witnessed Anderson and his Missouri Team do last Thursday Night.   

tolerati

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 01:11:10 pm
As AK said he has never been a Division I coach. He can try his hand at that first before taking on a Division I program like Arkansas. Enough of the Cox for Head Coach Campaign....
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

RedSatinHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 01:40:39 pm
Well, at least Jeremy Cox has shown that he can guide a Team through a National Tournament and win a National Championship.  That is a lot better than the First Round exit we witnessed Anderson and his Missouri Team do last Thursday Night.   

No, it's not actually, and thanks for playing.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 19, 2011, 10:03:07 pm
I'm about to throw up.
Don't throw up. just get on board and support our new coach.

cityhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 20, 2011, 01:49:45 pm
Yeah. Do it quick before MA loses a game or two and FCJ turns on him.

RedSatinHog

FCJ, check your PM's.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 20, 2011, 01:46:30 pm
No, it's not actually, and thanks for playing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong about hiring a Head Coach who has been Head Coaching at a lower classification.  Remember, when the Chicago Bulls hired Phil Jackson, Jackson had been Head Coaching in the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) and then he was Head Coaching in Puerto Rico's National Superior Basketball (BSN).  The Chicago Bulls hired Jackson directly out of that Puerto Rico League/Association.     

RedSatinHog

March 20, 2011, 03:17:59 pm #141 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:19:45 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 02:17:34 pm
There is absolutely nothing wrong about hiring a Head Coach who has been Head Coaching at a lower classification.  Remember, when the Chicago Bulls hired Phil Jackson, Jackson had been Head Coaching in the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) and then he was Head Coaching in Puerto Rico's National Superior Basketball (BSN).  The Chicago Bulls hired Jackson directly out of that Puerto Rico League/Association.     

Phil Jackson was actually an assistant with the Bulls when he was hired to replace Doug Collins, but that's beside the point.  Jeremy Cox is not qualified to be our head coach, and you're starting to look like the jackass you're riding on by constantly bringing him up.  Heck, by your estimation, I guess we ought to hire Oliver B. Elders as our next HC.  After all, he coached arguably the greatest Razorbacks cager of them all in the form of one Sidney Moncrief.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on March 20, 2011, 03:17:59 pm
Jeremy Cox is not qualified to be our head coach, and you're starting to look like the jackass you're riding on by constantly bringing him up.

If we pass on Jeremy Cox, then don't be surprised if Cox becomes our Jimmy Johnson of the Razorback Basketball Program.  The UofA passed on Jimmy Johnson twice, and we see how big of a mistake that was.   

RedSatinHog

March 20, 2011, 06:26:20 pm #143 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:33:56 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 20, 2011, 03:29:12 pm
If we pass on Jeremy Cox, then don't be surprised if Cox becomes our Jimmy Johnson of the Razorback Basketball Program.  The UofA passed on Jimmy Johnson twice, and we see how big of a mistake that was.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5loKNgT9wKI

RICKHOGHEAD

RICKHOGHEAD

i guess i dont keep up with basketball like i used to but who is jeremy cox?

RICKHOGHEAD

Quote from: RICKHOGHEAD on March 20, 2011, 09:15:17 pm
i guess i dont keep up with basketball like i used to but who is jeremy cox?
never mind guys i looked it up

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorback44 on March 20, 2011, 12:50:30 am

Yes, and yes.  You are correct I believe.
Retired Radio Host

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Fort Dweller