Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Mike says Pelphrey is in trouble.

Pork says his job is safe.

Who do you believe more?

Dogtown Donkey

mmhogs17

Toad Suck Pork

Put Irwin and Pork in the octagon and let them fight it out :)

Porkatarian

Tom Collen is the one that's in trouble.  Wait and see.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2011, 01:35:17 pm
Mike says Pelphrey is in trouble.

Pork says his job is safe.

Who do you WANT TO believe more?

Fixed that for ya.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

AcePigtura

What's a cliffs notes version of what Mike has said? I'm out of state and can't listen.

RazorHawg16

Where are you guys seeing that Mike says Pel is in trouble?

75grad

women up 2 on florida with 4 to play
NCAA=Need Cash Attend Auburn

mmhogs17

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on March 03, 2011, 01:40:43 pm

On that show of his

hogfan064

No offense to Porkatarian, but I'll trust Mike and Doug because I actually know who they are.   I have no idea who Porkatarian is.  Maybe he's a fantastic source of information, but without a name I just can't trust him more than a respected Arkansas media member and a respected national media member.

Don't take it personally Pork, but got to go with real names.

nextlevel

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on March 03, 2011, 01:40:43 pm

He has a radio show that is on during this time of the day in NWA...

Hey that rhymed.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Toad Suck Pork

Seriously.  Irwin and Pork in a cagematch.  I can see the promo posters now:

vs.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Craig O Squeal

I could go for a Tom Collins right now...

Houston Pelphrey

mmhogs17

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on March 03, 2011, 01:42:58 pm
Seriously.  Irwin and Pork in a cagematch.  I can see the promo posters now:

vs.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

HAHAHA

AcePigtura

The only way that this could get any more rich is if Long uses low attendance as one of the causes of Collen's firing.

The_Iceman

Agree hogfan064.

I will trust 2 credible, experienced media sources with strong connections with the university of Arkansas, the boosters, and the Sutton's....

...over a screen name on a message board.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 03, 2011, 01:43:35 pm

HAHAHA

I wonder if Pork will wear that Houston Nutt-style golf hat into the arena?

Kenny Sowers

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 03, 2011, 01:43:01 pm
I could go for a Tom Collins right now...
haha reminds me of meet the fockers
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

Oklahawg

The ape pic was the former screen shot of KEYS, a NWA booster who was close to Mitch Mustain and Family. He is a generally good guy who got hurt in all the Gus/Mitch storm. Porkatarian is both taller and not as hairy as the ape.

Something that is hard for some to get: its possible both Mike and Pork are correct, they just have sources with differing information.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mmhogs17

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2011, 01:45:04 pm
Agree hogfan064.

I will trust 2 credible, experienced media sources with strong connections with the university of Arkansas, the boosters, and the Sutton's....

You can add SPORTSbyBROOKS to the Irwin and Gottlieb side. He is a pretty respected reporter who used to be connected to ESPN.

jry04

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 03, 2011, 01:38:13 pm
Tom Collen is the one that's in trouble.  Wait and see.

Porkatarian out...
You usually have pretty reliable information. However, I find it hard to believe guys that follow this stuff for a living are saying he is in trouble, while you say he is safe. Never mind the fact that you said the same stuff about various players that were going to transfer or not make it to campus that ended up being here.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 03, 2011, 01:49:16 pm
You can add SPORTSbyBROOKS to the Irwin and Gottlieb side. He is a pretty respected reporter who used to be connected to ESPN.

If you ever get bored, check out his website.  Just not at work...

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 03, 2011, 01:48:43 pm
The ape pic was the former screen shot of KEYS, a NWA booster who was close to Mitch Mustain and Family. He is a generally good guy who got hurt in all the Gus/Mitch storm. Porkatarian is both taller and not as hairy as the ape.

Something that is hard for some to get: its possible both Mike and Pork are correct, they just have sources with differing information.

I was hoping Pork was an actual ape and that was his photo.  It would add to the legend.

75grad

Just a thought but doesn't it depend on who we can get as a replacement????  I hear people say get this coach and that coach but does anyone REALLY know who will leave their
current job?  Just hoping we have someone better in waiting when Pel is let go. 

nextlevel

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on March 03, 2011, 01:49:26 pm
You usually have pretty reliable information. However, I find it hard to believe guys that follow this stuff for a living are saying he is in trouble, while you say he is safe. Never mind the fact that you said the same stuff about various players that were going to transfer or not make it to campus that ended up being here.

When it is known that people who know information, or a source if you will, tell their friend(s) who run and post things on a public forum, the source of this information is often intentionally misled...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Houston Pelphrey

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2011, 01:45:04 pm
Agree hogfan064.

You guys are just hopeful that they are right

You hope that long fires pel and sets our program back another 5 years....

The_Iceman

No way Pelphrey survives if he loses to OM and in the 1st round of the SEC-T.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on March 03, 2011, 01:50:44 pm
If you ever get bored, check out his website.  Just not at work...

Oh, I know lol, but he has reliable sports info.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Houston Pelphrey on March 03, 2011, 01:53:26 pm

The Alter trolls are old.

The_Iceman

Here's how a 2011 coaching search should go:

1) Call Self and Pitino or whatever big name intrigues Long just in case.

2) Call Mike Anderson and try to sell not just the pay raise, but all the improvements to facilities and the culture of the program that will be created by increased attendance/donations.

3) If that failed, call Mark Turgeon at TAMU.

4) If it gets to step #4, you call Gregg Marshall and the search is over.

Porkatarian

FWIW, I believe that Irwin has excellent sources.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Toad Suck Pork

Pork,
Any truth to the rumor that you are an actual ape that wears a Houston Nutt golf hat?

j/k I appreciate what you bring to the board, especially a free one.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on March 03, 2011, 02:01:01 pm
Pork,
Any truth to the rumor that you are an actual ape that wears a Houston Nutt golf hat?

j/k I appreciate what you bring to the board, especially a free one.

BAHAHA

Billy Bayou

Saying someone is "in trouble" is very vague.    Pork and Irwin could both be right.  Being "in trouble" could basically be a non committal way of riding the wave that Gottlieb started and the media is riding.  "In trouble" doesn't mean Pel is gone.  It's just something to say that won't be called to account if Pel stays.

The_Iceman

So two people with "good sources" that are saying different things.

Who to trust?

TMc

Everyone could be right about their projections.., the key is going to be this and this along:  Are they going to be able to make a home run hire? If they can they will move on Pelphrey.., if not they won't.  I believe it's going to be as simple as that.

75grad

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2011, 01:57:34 pm
Here's how a 2011 coaching search should go:

1) Call Self and Pitino or whatever big name intrigues Long just in case.

2) Call Mike Anderson and try to sell not just the pay raise, but all the improvements to facilities and the culture of the program that will be created by increased attendance/donations.

3) If that failed, call Mark Turgeon at TAMU.

4) If it gets to step #4, you call Gregg Marshall and the search is over.

Hire Nolan to coach the women.  He could assist Mike.

hogfan064

Not at all.  I just believe legit names over some screen name on a message board.   

hogup

I went to Stillwater a few days ago to watch one of my former players Marshall Moses play his last home game and ran into Gotlieb at a bar ,had a few drinks with him and he stands by what he said, it should get pretty interesting this next few weeks!!

The_Iceman

March 03, 2011, 02:07:15 pm #41 Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:10:17 pm by The_Iceman
Fire Collen and hire Nolan, haha! That would be awesome yet kinda insulting. He is coaching in the WNBA so who knows what he'd do.

This would explain why Irwin's and Pork's sources are right: Hire Nolan to lure back Mike Anderson.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: nextlevel on March 03, 2011, 01:52:53 pm
When it is known that people who know information, or a source if you will, tell their friend(s) who run and post things on a public forum, the source of this information is often intentionally misled...

Wouldn't that be something.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

AcePigtura

We are currently filling up a 1/3 of our arena and we're about to finish fourth in an unbelievably weak SEC West that probably won't see one team make the NCAA Tournament and you are worried about setting the program back? I don't know how much further back we could go.

thirtythree

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2011, 01:53:31 pm
No way Pelphrey survives if he loses to OM and in the 1st round of the SEC-T.

I could agree with this some what.

cosmodrum

I think if you take Pork's info and Gottlieb's info, you can come to an obvious conclusion.

Tom Collen will be fired and the #1 target is Mike Anderson.
Go away, batin'

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 03, 2011, 02:15:43 pm
I think if you take Pork's info and Gottlieb's info, you can come to an obvious conclusion.

Tom Collen will be fired and the #1 target is Mike Anderson.

That just made my day. +1

cosmodrum

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 03, 2011, 02:16:27 pm
That just made my day. +1

Just trying to read through the lines, bruh.  ;)
Go away, batin'

idochog

Seriously, who cares about women's BB.  A winning program will not produce enough revenue to matter.
I love Jesus!

Weather69

Quote from: AcePigtura on March 03, 2011, 02:11:36 pm
We are currently filling up a 1/3 of our arena and we're about to finish fourth in an unbelievably weak SEC West that probably won't see one team make the NCAA Tournament and you are worried about setting the program back? I don't know how much further back we could go.

Most excellent post with extremely good points.

+1
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied."  Otto von Bismark

"The last official act of any government is to loot the nation."  Michael Rivero