Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Word out of Fayetteville is we could be without a player the rest of the way....

Started by razrken, January 15, 2011, 07:06:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razrken

The Hogfather

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

rude1

I find this hard to believe. This would be completely out of character for a John Pelphrey coached team!!!!!

Marshfieldhog

For what? Let me guess..another suspension or does this player transfer? Grade issue?

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lanny on January 15, 2011, 07:38:12 am
Hopefully Pelphrey will be out of Fayetteville soon
Hahaha!  This team would have a better record the rest of the way if they didn't have Pelphrey coaching them.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Marshfieldhog

Marshfieldhog

And if it is grades, funny how they would have known for a month and waited till the last minute to deep six him.

bigyellowdog

The curse of not hiring Mike Anderson when we had the chance continues.

AcePigtura

Guys, calm down. Don't you know Pel is still dealing with the garbage that Heath left him.

Beaverfever

Can you imagine the meltdown on jump ball if it's Marshawn Powell.  Would be beyond epic.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Kevin

there is nothing to defend yet.  lets wait until some news actually happens.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dogtown Donkey

Smithian

If true, there is one player I can think of who is an overwhelming favorite to be the one leaving.

farmhawg

Anyone leaving the program right now(besides fail) would be totally unacceptable from a leadership standpoint. If that is the case then long needs to be fired for doing nothing with this program.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

claycohog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 15, 2011, 09:32:45 am
Anyone leaving the program right now(besides fail) would be totally unacceptable from a leadership standpoint. If that is the case then long needs to be fired for doing nothing with this program.
I like your name.

The Boar War

I doubt it's grades.  I wouldn't be shocked to hear about a suspension/dismissal.  It has been a few games.

baconsizzle

What kind of player would jump ship now? We are in the midst of rebuilding a dynasty.

Will this team be able to overachieve without this player?

Side note: I know pel says this every day, but 5 news in fort smith had a clip of a recent presser for the bama game and all I could here was pel continuing to talk about overachievement.

What does that mean to pel? The best example I can think of was the consecutive wins over ou n Tex a couple years back.
It seems to be an overused term around the program. How about preparing so well that the word doesn't come into play?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 15, 2011, 08:12:36 am
Hahaha!  This team would have a better record the rest of the way if they didn't have Pelphrey coaching them.

When are you speaking with Long?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Razorod

Quote from: farmhawg on January 15, 2011, 09:32:45 am
They might be leaving right now so they can transfer to a new school before the term begins at the other school. Don't know myself, just thinking out loud.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Dogtown Donkey

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HogFan1973

Quote from: AcePigtura on January 15, 2011, 09:05:05 am
Guys, calm down. Don't you know Pel is still dealing with the garbage that Heath left him.

Yes, I am sure the cupboard was empty..

99toLife

What difference would it really make who would be leaving, we aren't going anywhere this year and everyone already wants to fire Pel.. This team means nothing in the grand scheme of things for Arkansas Basketball.

thirtythree

Here we go again!

Jumping to conclusions without facts. Never ceases to amaze me about some of you and your need to gissip. Worse than a bunch of old ladies to be honest.

razorbackfanatic

I cant wait to find out. This makes me sick. If its a transfer Im gonna be upset. If its a season ending injury thats diff. I gotta feeling it might be Waithe or Scott.  I really like Scott, so if its him or any other starter and if its for anything other than grades or injury, Im done. I will officially land on the fire Pel side of the fence with both feet!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

beasley

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

3kgthog

farmhawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 15, 2011, 10:40:02 am
I'll go with Sanchez and another stress fracture.
That would be a dang good bet....Not much fun but a good bet.
From theflyinghog

Porkem

Rickey Scott' fracture is more serious than they thought.

He's out for the season.

Bad break (for him and for us.)
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

thirtythree

Quote from: Porkem Yung on January 15, 2011, 10:46:43 am
Rickey Scott' fracture is more serious than they thought.

He's out for the season.

Bad break (for him and for us.)

Is this factual or guessing? Not questioning you, but asking if this is actually the case. If so, then tough deal and shows that we really should never jump to conclusions. Would it enable him to medical redshirt then?

farmhawg

Quote from: thirtythree on January 15, 2011, 10:44:58 am
Ouch. So mature. :(
LOL. Thought you would like it.... We really have to toughen you up a bit and get you to laugh a little.
From theflyinghog

Nosboar Accubond

I don't know what is worse...

That we as fans are so quick to get pissed at Pel at the slightest mention of news like this (I am the first so I'm with ya)...

OR the fact that Pel has given us so many reasons to feel this way and jump to these conclusions?

Marshfieldhog

thirtythree

Quote from: farmhawg on January 15, 2011, 10:49:46 am
LOL. Thought you would like it.... We really have to toughen you up a bit and get you to laugh a little.

You don't have to toughen me up. I promise. I just got back from my son's basketball game and that coach would make Pel look like a genious. So spare me.lol.

I will say this one last time. I don't care who the coach is. I am a Razorback fan (that means I support Team and Coaches until they give me a reason not too). Those reasons have nothing to do with wins and losses. More less, criminal behavior or mis-conduct. You can call it whatever you want, but the bottomline is this: If he is fired I will support the next coach without reservation. However, if firing him leads to blowing up this class then I will be on here criticizing all of those that wanted him fired.

farmhawg

Quote from: thirtythree on January 15, 2011, 10:53:26 am
You don't have to toughen me up. I promise. I just got back from my son's basketball game and that coach would make Pel look like a genious. So spare me.lol.

I will say this one last time. I don't care who the coach is. I am a Razorback fan (that means I support Team and Coaches until they give me a reason not too). Those reasons have nothing to do with wins and losses. More less, criminal behavior or mis-conduct. You can call it whatever you want, but the bottomline is this: If he is fired I will support the next coach without reservation. However, if firing him leads to blowing up this class then I will be on here criticizing all of those that wanted him fired.
Do you think the coach is more important than the players? Also, if we only get three of them is that enough to satisfy the need for talent?
From theflyinghog

thirtythree

Quote from: farmhawg on January 15, 2011, 10:55:23 am
Do you think the coach is more important than the players? Also, if we only get three of them is that enough to satisfy the need for talent?

I am not willing to even sacrifice 1 of those recruits that want to play on the hill. I never think the coach is more important. They are just as important. It is ONE team. When one fails they all fail. When one succeeds they all succeed.

farmhawg

The coach brings the players. They also can win with marginal players if they are good. We can get much more out of blue collar players that are well coached(is our baseball team). The coach will be here after those players are gone and the coach IS the program( coach K).

You are right, it does take both but you are wrong in thinking that we would be better if fail stays and that talent comes in. Maybe short term but long term he will never be able to coach up the marginal players.
From theflyinghog