Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Even Bo has given up on Pel

Started by The_Iceman, January 13, 2011, 01:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 13, 2011, 02:36:07 pm
............And I'd take him as the next Hog Head coach in a New York Minute!
NO way, he is a self proclaimed bball guru. That, and I am sick of hearing him make up words....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 09:53:39 am
NO way, he is a self proclaimed bball guru. That, and I am sick of hearing him make up words....

Dykes has never proclaimed himself to be a basketball guru but wether you like him or not the man knows what he's talking about when it comes to college basketball. At this juncture, I'd be more than willing to give him the opportunity to turn the Hog basketball program around and bring it back to prominence.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:00:27 am
Dykes has never proclaimed himself to be a basketball guru but wether you like him or not the man knows what he's talking about when it comes to college basketball. At this juncture, I'd be more than willing to give him the opportunity to turn the Hog basketball program around and bring it back to prominence.

Dykes hasn't coached in a game since 1992...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

azhog10

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 10:04:03 am
I am with you. I just am to the point that he cna't be worse than what we have and honestly when I say Dykes it's more of a joke. I don't know that Dykes has what it takes to be a great coach and none of us know that he would even be interested. All I know is what we have isn't getting it done and I don't understand why you wouldn't want what we have in football, for the basketball team also. It'd be heaven year round!!!

GuvHog

It doesn't matter. At this juncture I'd STILL give him the opportunity.

nextlevel

Quote from: azhog10 on January 14, 2011, 10:11:54 am
I am with you. I just am to the point that he cna't be worse than what we have and honestly when I say Dykes it's more of a joke. I don't know that Dykes has what it takes to be a great coach and none of us know that he would even be interested. All I know is what we have isn't getting it done and I don't understand why you wouldn't want what we have in football, for the basketball team also. It'd be heaven year round!!!

I'm more than ready for change.

Dykes, Sutton(x3), and BCG are not realistic candidates who would create change...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:15:59 am
It doesn't matter. At this juncture I'd STILL give him the opportunity.

What are his qualifications?

How is he more qualified for the job over present assistants that include:
Alan Major
Andre LaFleur
Dedrique Taylor
Donny Daniels
Dwayne Stephens
Jake Morton
Jeff Battle
King Rice
Rodney Terry
Vince Taylor

ell oh ell

GuvHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 14, 2011, 10:11:54 am

You also don't know that he DOESN'T have what it takes be be a great coach. Truth be told, not one of you has any Idea how good of a D1 head coach Dykes would be nor do I but with his knowledge of the game there is absolutely no way in the world that he wouldn't be a lot better than what we have now.

farmhawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:26:13 am
You also don't know that he DOESN'T have what it takes be be a great coach. Truth be told, not one of you has any Idea how good of a D1 head coach Dykes would be nor do I but with his knowledge of the game there is absolutely no way in the world that he wouldn't be a lot better than what we have now.
You need to have your head examined.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

azhog10

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:26:13 am
I agree I don't. Just saying if I had other options I would look to someone like the guy from Wichita St. But you are right he has as good of a background as Pel in my mind so you neverk now.

GuvHog

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 10:24:13 am
What are his qualifications?

How is he more qualified for the job over present assistants that include:
Alan Major
Andre LaFleur
Dedrique Taylor
Donny Daniels
Dwayne Stephens
Jake Morton
Jeff Battle
King Rice
Rodney Terry
Vince Taylor

That's an easy one. Jimmy's knowledge of the game is massive and he knows the Hog basketball program inside and out since he was once part of it as a player and an assistant coach not to mention the fact that he lives in NWA and knows the big money boosters.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:31:04 am
That's an easy one. Jimmy's knowledge of the game is massive and he knows the Hog basketball program inside and out since he was once part of it as a player and an assistant coach not to mention the fact that he lives in NWA and knows the big money boosters.

So he is qualified to be an analyst or for an administration position in the BAC.

Still have not said anything about how he is qualified to be head coach after not coaching in 19 years.

ell oh ell

farmhawg

That is like saying someone should hire herbstreet to coach a major d1 school in football. That is idiotic and would only lead to failure.
From theflyinghog

nextlevel

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 10:33:41 am
That is like saying someone should hire herbstreet to coach a major d1 school in football. That is idiotic and would only lead to failure.

Craig James as his Offensive Coordinator, Pam Ward as Defensive Coordinator.

ell oh ell

GuvHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 14, 2011, 10:30:42 am
I agree I don't. Just saying if I had other options I would look to someone like the guy from Wichita St. But you are right he has as good of a background as Pel in my mind so you neverk now.

Are you serious?? Jimmy Dykes' basketball IQ is more than TWICE what Pel's is. The 2 aren't even remotely close.

farmhawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:36:36 am
Are you serious?? Jimmy Dykes' basketball IQ is more than TWICE what Pel's is. The 2 aren't even remotely close.
You shouldn't drink this early in the morning guv.
From theflyinghog

azhog10

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:36:36 am
I don't htink they are really arguing his knowledge Guv. It's his experience as a HEAD COACH. Does he have the ability to think on his feet. That kind of thing.

farmhawg

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 10:36:05 am
Craig James as his Offensive Coordinator, Pam Ward as Defensive Coordinator.
Corso could coach the midgets,,,,,,or maybe special teams.
From theflyinghog

azhog10

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 10:38:28 am
As long as  Idon't have to listen to Dicky V. God that guy is annoying!

SultanofSwine

Quote from: hawgchill on January 13, 2011, 02:34:59 pm
Sad fact IS...
We are not YET rebuilt talentwise...
Our talent is NOT head and shoulders above ANYone else's in the SEC/West

We should probably "walk" our expectations down a little
until we're fully re-stocked...

I just want to see game 2 game improvement to SOLIDIFY
the talent "merge" that's upcoming.

Just ONE opinion though.

Respect

The only way that you could possibly believe that we have a talent deficiet relative to the rest of the secw is if you believe Pel is getting the max potential out of these players. If you think that is the case, you should NEVER try to have a discussion about basketball.

nextlevel

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 10:38:28 am

Blackledge to coach QBs.
Mark May to coach offensive line.
Lou Holtz to coach public speaking.

ell oh ell

GuvHog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 10:33:41 am

Bad comparason. Jimmy has been a D1 assistant coach but KH hasn't. That makes Jimmy far more qualified. Besides Jimmy knows far more about Basketball than KH ever will about football.

farmhawg

Quote from: azhog10 on January 14, 2011, 10:39:15 am
As long as  Idon't have to listen to Dicky V. God that guy is annoying!
He would be our dline coach.
From theflyinghog

farmhawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:40:04 am
Bad comparason. Jimmy has been a D1 assistant coach but KH hasn't. That makes Jimmy far more qualified. Besides Jimmy knows far more about Basketball than KH ever will about football.
I think you have your rose colored glasses on.
From theflyinghog

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:40:04 am

Ok, then how is he more qualified for the job over present assistants that include:
Alan Major
Andre LaFleur
Dedrique Taylor
Donny Daniels
Dwayne Stephens
Jake Morton
Jeff Battle
King Rice
Rodney Terry
Vince Taylor

ell oh ell

GuvHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 14, 2011, 10:38:05 am
I don't htink they are really arguing his knowledge Guv. It's his experience as a HEAD COACH. Does he have the ability to think on his feet. That kind of thing.

Anyone who has listened to him break down plays then tell what's wrong and how to correct it knows without a doubt he has that ability.

GuvHog

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 10:41:44 am
Ok, then how is he more qualified for the job over present assistants that include:
Alan Major
Andre LaFleur
Dedrique Taylor
Donny Daniels
Dwayne Stephens
Jake Morton
Jeff Battle
King Rice
Rodney Terry
Vince Taylor

azhog10

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:43:56 am
Anyone who has listened to him break down plays then tell what's wrong and how to correct it knows without a doubt he has that ability.
Easier to do that sitting down with no time constraints GUV. That doesn't show me he can think on his feet. That he knwos when to use Time outs. That he can sub correctly. Little things like that don't just happen. It takes in game experience. I am not doubting his knowledge of basketball or his ability to evaluate talent.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 10:37:26 am

Not sure why you would make such a statement if you have 1. listened to Jimmy call a game and 2. watched Pel "coach" a game. It is a pretty safe assumption that JD would be an improvement. Hail, for that matter so would a lifesize cardboard cut out of Nolan.

GuvHog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 14, 2011, 10:37:26 am

I don't drink alcohol period and my post which you quoted is correct.

nextlevel

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 10:47:15 am

Are you saying that Jimmy is more knowledgeable than every one on that list?

Are you saying the Jimmy would be a better recruiter than the names on that list?

Or are you saying the Jimmy possesses a trait that is different than everyone on that list and that is what makes him qualified?

ell oh ell

azhog10

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 10:49:23 am

Are you saying the Jimmy would be a better recruiter than the names on that list?

Or are you saying the Jimmy possesses a trait that is different than everyone on that list and that is what makes him qualified?
I guess bc he knows NWA better than them it makes him better qualified......lol

GuvHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 14, 2011, 10:48:30 am
Easier to do that sitting down with no time constraints GUV. That doesn't show me he can think on his feet. That he knwos when to use Time outs. That he can sub correctly. Little things like that don't just happen. It takes in game experience. I am not doubting his knowledge of basketball or his ability to evaluate talent.

No time constraints?? He has to do all of that on the spur of the moment in a limited amount of time so as not to disrupt the play by play of the game. THAT is very difficult.

GuvHog

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 10:49:23 am

Jimmy is just as knowledgeable about the game of basketball as those on your list and he's been involved in college basketball most of his life in 3 different areas: (1) As a player, (2) as an Assistant, (3) and as a long time analyst for ESPN. His knowledge of the game is impeccable.

Jimmy is known by players all over the nation because of his affiliation with ESPN and that would really help him when it comes to recruiting so yes I thing he would be a better recruiter.

Because he was once part of the U of A basketball program as both a player and an assistant coach along with living in NWA since that time, he obviously knows the Razorback program inside and out. The coaches on your list do not.

farmhawg

Homerism at its very best, go guv....
From theflyinghog

nextlevel

Jimmy Dykes is no Steve Lavin...

ell oh ell

GuvHog

Quote from: nextlevel on January 14, 2011, 11:17:42 am
Jimmy Dykes is no Steve Lavin...

True Steve Lavin was a head coach while Jimmy has not been. Wasn't Steve the one who was fired by UCLA??

GuvHog

Spider-Pig

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 14, 2011, 11:22:05 am
True Steve Lavin was a head coach while Jimmy has not been. Wasn't Steve the one who was fired by UCLA??

Yes and he made the NCAA tournament all but one of his years there , iirc

GuvHog

Quote from: Spider-Pig on January 14, 2011, 12:29:24 pm
Yes and he made the NCAA tournament all but one of his years there , iirc

Makes one seriously wonder what he did to deserve being fired.

East Clintwood

I haven't seen any evidence that Pel has either.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Pork Twain

I wanted to give him this year with HIS system and all HIS players, but he lost me at Texass.  Pathetic...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

nextlevel

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 14, 2011, 10:08:00 pm
I wanted to give him this year with HIS system and all HIS players, but he lost me at Texass.  Pathetic...

Have you seen HIS system?

Pretty sure we saw it from day one, he just can not accurately describe it orally...

ell oh ell

jgphillips3

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 14, 2011, 05:52:02 pm

I haven't seen any evidence that Pel has either.

+1. Thanks for nearly making me do a spit take.

Boarford T. Justice

January 14, 2011, 10:18:40 pm #94 Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:20:46 pm by Boarford T. Justice
Quote from: Ar_Hog on January 14, 2011, 10:17:28 pm
Guv, you're peein in the wind here bro...

What's your agenda?
Dykes to the Hill? Or just stirrin up sand?

He must go to church with Dykes and Bo?  Or Bible Study....there is something they do together, that has allowed Bo to guilt trip Dykes onto his show.  I forget.
#FreeMarquel

Sir Oinksalot

What about Shields and Kleine down at UALR...they make a good team.

Joe coached them last night with Shields on suspension
(went after a ref. or something) Trojans looked really good.

They passed the ball crisp till they found the open man, ran when numbers were there,
hustled all over and knew their roles...and they busted that net-

like 17 3's...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

GuvHog

Quote from: Ar_Hog on January 14, 2011, 10:17:28 pm
Guv, you're peein in the wind here bro...

What's your agenda?
Dykes to the Hill? Or just stirrin up sand?

I have never met Jimmy Dykes, I just know he's a former Hog Player, a former assistant coach, and his knowledge of college basketball leads me to believe he should at least be considered for the Head hog job.

cityhog

Jimmy, Joe and Corliss.  Sounds like a decent staff.

Boarford T. Justice

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on January 14, 2011, 11:03:16 pm
What about Shields and Kleine down at UALR...they make a good team.

Joe coached them last night with Shields on suspension
(went after a ref. or something) Trojans looked really good.

They passed the ball crisp till they found the open man, ran when numbers were there,
hustled all over and knew their roles...and they busted that net-

like 17 3's...

Man , I love Joe, but he has also been mistreated by JFB. 

I'd welcome him home in some capacity.

Let's see.....Joe Klein mistreated...

Nolan mistreated...

Mike Anderson mistreated....

Arkansas basketball history mistreated....

Arkansas fans .....mistreated....

John Pelphrey given free passes and $1.2 million a year for mistreating and misleading the fans.  Is a 56-53 loss "up-tempo"...Is 46 points "up-tempo"?

MISTREATED AND LIED TO.............
#FreeMarquel

GuvHog

Quote from: Boarford T. Justice on January 14, 2011, 11:13:28 pm
Man , I love Joe, but he has also been mistreated by JFB. 

I'd welcome him home in some capacity.

Let's see.....Joe Klein mistreated...

Nolan mistreated...

Mike Anderson mistreated....

Arkansas basketball history mistreated....

Arkansas fans .....mistreated....

John Pelphrey given free passes and $1.2 million a year for mistreating and misleading the fans.  Is a 56-53 loss "up-tempo"...Is 46 points "up-tempo"?

MISTREATED AND LIED TO.............

Mike Nail is responsible for Joe Kleine's mistreatment. It was he who went to Frank behind Joe's back and asked for Joe's removal.