Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Pel close to signing Devonta Abron?

Started by HOGness4life, March 23, 2010, 03:38:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogfan#1 on October 05, 2010, 08:53:25 am
He has to finish his senior year.  He just started it about a month ago...

No chit.  Just shut up if you don't know anything....

I guarantee you the coaches and others know exactly how probable he is to qualify, etc.  Additionally, if we know that he has a 4.0 GPA and a qualifying ACT score ALREADY, wouldn't you basically know that he's qualified, apart from him not attending school his senior year?

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: HogBreath on October 05, 2010, 08:08:39 am
Are you kidding me, we beat out North Texas and Florida International for this guy.  Pel bringing that wood to the hardwood!

The North Texas things is odd, but FIU is in on a lot of good players. Cedric McAfee committed to them a week or two ago (though he decommitted like the next day). Isiah is drawing interest from a lot of good players, but most of the top talent doesn't choose FIU in the end. Texas A&M went hard after this kid and they've been to at least the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament in each of the last 5 seasons.

But I guess HATERS will always hate. Only a true hater could trash a commitment like this.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HoopS on October 05, 2010, 08:53:14 am
I would expect responses like Hog Breath's from a rival, not somebody who actually likes the Hogs.  I can see a Sooner fan raising cane, we're on the upswing and they're getting nervous.   He would probably like Pel out so we could potentially lose this class and maybe the Sooners could land one of them. 

He's just a troll seeking attention, nothing more. You might want to do like I did and add him to your ignore list. He brings nothing worth reading to any worthwhile thread on Hogville.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HogBreath

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 05, 2010, 09:13:27 am
He's just a troll seeking attention, nothing more. You might want to do like I did and add him to your ignore list. He brings nothing worth reading to any worthwhile thread on Hogville.
I was a Razorback fan way before your mama spread her legs and took seed.

I'm still trying to figure out why it was so horrible for Heath to have 6 in one class, but rev up the engines when the bumbling Pelphrey goes after 7 or 8.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: HogBreath on October 05, 2010, 09:51:11 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why it was so horrible for Heath to have 6 in one class, but rev up the engines when the bumbling Pelphrey goes after 7 or 8.

Because they're needed, badly.  Also, the odds of all six staying four years are not good.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HogBreath

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on October 05, 2010, 10:00:17 pm
Because they're needed, badly.  Also, the odds of all six staying four years are not good.
That's actually been the problem, Pel recruits lots of one and dones, but they're moving on to somewhere other than the NBA.  He's had some one seasons & done, and also some one practices and done too.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: HogBreath on October 07, 2010, 07:10:34 am
That's actually been the problem, Pel recruits lots of one and dones, but they're moving on to somewhere other than the NBA.  He's had some one seasons & done, and also some one practices and done too.

These guys appear to be legitimately talented and a couple of the guards (Madden and Young) seem to really have a shot at being one and done.  Of course, the only way to know for sure is to get them to the Hill.  With the talent level he's bringing in, I just don't think we'll see this class produce six seniors, and that because some go pro early.  What a horrible problem to have, right?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

The Hogfather

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on October 07, 2010, 08:44:42 am
These guys appear to be legitimately talented and a couple of the guards (Madden and Young) seem to really have a shot at being one and done.  Of course, the only way to know for sure is to get them to the Hill.  With the talent level he's bringing in, I just don't think we'll see this class produce six seniors, and that because some go pro early.  What a horrible problem to have, right?

To these guys, it is.

The Hogfather

Not surprising, since you have the IQ of a grasshopper.

HOGness4life

Looks like I was spot on with this one.

All Hail Glorious Arkansas!!!!!!!  :razorback:

Breems

Quote from: HOGness4life on March 08, 2011, 09:00:32 am
Looks like I was spot on with this one.

All Hail Glorious Arkansas!!!!!!!  :razorback:

I wonder if Rob will stick around with a coaching change, since that seems to be Abron's closest tie.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

labb

Rob Evans may be our best bet for a Coach next season if Pel is fired.

PoormansRobbyHampton

It's because Pel is so good at managing players and egos.

HogBreath

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on March 08, 2011, 06:52:21 pm
It's because Pel is so good at managing players and egos.
What happened to all those guys, don't see them around much nowadays.

But they did love them some Pelphrey.

jry04

Quote from: labb on March 08, 2011, 09:08:35 am
Rob Evans may be our best bet for a Coach next season if Pel is fired.
Lol, why are you so obsessed with Evans becoming coach? Evans has about as much of a chance coaching next season as Pel does...

We are looking for a long term candidate, not one that will retire in a couple years. I don't even think Evans would interview for it. I am sure he could have a head coaching job if he wanted one.