Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest City Joe

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, December 03, 2009, 07:51:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I'm really new to jump ball. I spend most of my time in the tavern. But I've been reading some of FCJ's stuff. He says he's taken the gloves off and is classifying those who disagree with him as snot noses. He seems to be an iconic figure in here and from the sounds of things, beat the drum loud and hard until Nutt was fired a few years ago. He is banging the drum again on call in shows now. I didn't hear it myself but it sounds like Joe knows what he's talking about as far as the basketball team goes. I'm used to the tavern, a place that has no clearcut leadership. It's good to come over here and have someone show us the way. Sounds like there are conflicting opinions of FCJ, though. Not sure where I'm headed with this. Maybe Joe himself will post on this thread and give us some insights on when he thinks this coaching situation will come to a head.

thirtythree

I'm going to say this about FCJ. There is no question what so ever that he is passionate about the Razorback program. That's about all I have positive to say about FCJ so I will stop there.

Toad Suck Pork

Joe largely speaks the truth about the basketball program.  His passion in doing so gets under the skin of some.

My only disagreement with him is how soon to fire Pelphrey.  Joe wants it done now while I would prefer at season's end.  For the most part though I agree with him on everything else.

The Pig

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on December 03, 2009, 07:51:59 pm
I'm really new to jump ball. I spend most of my time in the tavern. But I've been reading some of FCJ's stuff. He says he's taken the gloves off and is classifying those who disagree with him as snot noses. He seems to be an iconic figure in here and from the sounds of things, beat the drum loud and hard until Nutt was fired a few years ago. He is banging the drum again on call in shows now. I didn't hear it myself but it sounds like Joe knows what he's talking about as far as the basketball team goes. I'm used to the tavern, a place that has no clearcut leadership. It's good to come over here and have someone show us the way. Sounds like there are conflicting opinions of FCJ, though. Not sure where I'm headed with this. Maybe Joe himself will post on this thread and give us some insights on when he thinks this coaching situation will come to a head.

Please tell me you did not come to this forum for the leadership.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

So Joe thinks we ax him now? Hmmmm. Interesting....

thirtythree

December 03, 2009, 08:06:46 pm #5 Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:14:42 pm by thirtythree
Quote from: wayne1958 on December 03, 2009, 08:02:22 pm
That's a good decision on your part.  Joe cares more about the Razorback program than most limp d*ck posters.

Whatever. That's your opinion and it matters not to me.

jackflash

I don't know that FCJ cares anymore for the Razorbacks than most loyal fan. Just he likes to be vocal about it.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Now wait a minute, fellows. I didn't start this thread to start a debate about Joe. He seems to be a polarizing figure, though.

Sed76

Joe speaks his mind which sometimes rubs some people the wrong way. Whether you agree with him or not I don't think anyone can honestly argue that he doesn't care about the Razorbacks.

Earl

Quote from: thirtythree on December 03, 2009, 08:06:46 pm
Whatever. That's your opinion and it matters not to me.

Or me...what a joke

BallHog1

Is it true that Joe is going to have his own radio show. Something popped up earlier but I think it disappeared.

sshawg

That's a good decision on your part.  Joe cares more about the Razorback program than most limp d*ck posters.

You sir are a prick. Wither I agree with the fire Pel now crowd, or Fire Pel at the end of the season, or maybe don't fire him at all. Thats my opinion & I have a right to have one.
I've been a fan of this program, have season football tickets, go to as many basketball games as I can & you call me & others like me names. Get a life & realize your just a little man that thinks he's a big man & his greatest feat is to looks down women's shirts Wow, and your calling other limp d**ks.

Pork Twain

FCJ had nothing to do with Hootie getting fired.  He just likes to hear himself cry.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogBreath

I wish FCJ would sing the Randy Travis hit...I told you so.

He was soooo right a year ago.  The guy has vision.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: sshawg on December 03, 2009, 08:28:56 pm
You sir are a prick. Wither I agree with the fire Pel now crowd, or Fire Pel at the end of the season, or maybe don't fire him at all. Thats my opinion & I have a right to have one.
I've been a fan of this program, have season football tickets, go to as many basketball games as I can & you call me & others like me names. Get a life & realize your just a little man that thinks he's a big man & his greatest feat is to looks down women's shirts Wow, and your calling other limp d**ks.

Why thank you.  I appreciate your thoughts and comments.  But did I call you out by name?  Don't think so...but I must have hit a nerve so if you're offended, I guess I was "spot on".  Again, thanks for participating with your insightful opinion.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ua_hogs

Being louder doesn't equate to caring more, just annoying.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 03, 2009, 08:36:57 pm
Why thank you.  I appreciate your thoughts and comments.  But did I call you out by name?  Don't think so...but I must have hit a nerve so if you're offended, I guess I was "spot on".  Again, thanks for participating with your insightful opinion.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe! Wayne, quit looking down those shirts.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SemperHawg

most limp d*ck posters.
Thats the last time I tell you a secret Wayne...GAWD :P

dagnamit

Wayne Watson

Quote from: HogBreath on December 03, 2009, 08:36:42 pm
I wish FCJ would sing the Randy Travis hit...I told you so.

He was soooo right a year ago.  The guy has vision.

Yep.
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 03, 2009, 08:41:31 pm

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe! Wayne, quit looking down those shirts.

I like titties.  Just sayin'!   ;D
We don't rent pigs

Earl

December 03, 2009, 08:46:45 pm #21 Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:15:46 pm by Earl

I wonder how you really feel, we all see the sucking up you do but this can't be the real you. surley

NotSausage

Joe just seems like your typical, overwrought, tunnel-vision hog fan. No different than any of the rest of us, except maybe a little more free time.

Knot2brite

So if we disagree with FCJ we are limp dick posters?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BallHog1

Quote from: NotSausage on December 03, 2009, 08:48:34 pm
Joe just seems like your typical, overwrought, tunnel-vision hog fan. No different than any of the rest of us, except maybe a little more free time.
He talks alot. I'll give him that he cares, just not convinced he knows as much as he's being given credit.

dagnamit

NotSausage

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2009, 08:50:56 pm
He talks alot. I'll give him that he cares, just not convinced he knows as much as he's being given credit.

Yeah. And I'm not sure about all the limp-dick stuff, but I'm not messing with any mods. Those guys rule the roost around here, you know?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Earl on December 03, 2009, 08:46:45 pm

I wonder how you really feel, we all see the sucking up you but this can't be the real you. surley

Your right.  The real me is done with the BB team.  Tired of the arrests, tired of the players not being allowed to play, tired of players cursing coaches, tired of a coach who allows these thing to continue.  Everyone wants to give Pel another year.  Jason Henry started last year suspended...was suspended in mid-season and finished the season suspended.  Welsh comes back and Clarke's shots drop.  Heaven help Clarke when Fortson comes back...Clarke won't see the ball.
We don't rent pigs

Knot2brite

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on December 03, 2009, 08:52:26 pm
yes
Didnt ask you junior. Wanted to see if the Mod was going to explain things to me.

BallHog1

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 03, 2009, 08:48:49 pm
D#^#%$ it! So thats whats been causing that.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 03, 2009, 08:48:49 pm

No.  Just bring something to the table to discuss.
We don't rent pigs

Hog Momster

Momster. For the reasons described below:
1. She's female, which indicates she's mean. Not badazz mean but pure mean, like evil really. Not Darth Vader evil either but the real deal. More like Satan.
2. Because of reason 1 she does not only NOT believe in "the fair fight", but soundly rejects it and will win at all cost: i.e. up to, and including, causing her own demise. (i know this first hand, i live in a house with 3 females)
3. She's smarter than me (by default, once again due to reason 1)
4. She's had children, there is nothing you could do to her that will hurt her physically or mentally at this point.
5. She seems a little cranky tonight

sshawg

You're very welcome. As a matter of fact you did hit a nerve . But from reading your post, I'd say the chance of you being "spot on " is slim. You know what they say about slim.
I don't have a problem with folks being passionate but to think they're the only ones who are right shows how "spot off " they are.
Quote from: Earl on December 03, 2009, 08:46:45 pm

I wonder how you really feel, we all see the sucking up you but this can't be the real you. surly

I though I made it clear how I felt. You have a comprehensive problem. I try to be clear. Sorry. Let me try again. I am only worried about the program. Now again, I realize, I could be wrong, but I feel like it would be disaster if we fire him at the end of the year. If we're going to fire him, I actually think we;d be better of doing it now , to give the new coach time to heal wounds & talk players into staying.
Hows that. If you have more questions, just call or drop by.............Oh, and go Hogs

BallHog1

Quote from: Hog Momster on December 03, 2009, 09:02:40 pm
Who's FCJ?
Oh for the love all that's good. Please don't turn this into a cuss fight in the Hoops forum.

Hog Momster

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2009, 09:03:52 pm
Oh for the love all that's good. Please don't turn this into a cuss fight in the Hoops forum.

Can't a girl ask a simple question?  Are there no more manners in this world?
1. She's female, which indicates she's mean. Not badazz mean but pure mean, like evil really. Not Darth Vader evil either but the real deal. More like Satan.
2. Because of reason 1 she does not only NOT believe in "the fair fight", but soundly rejects it and will win at all cost: i.e. up to, and including, causing her own demise. (i know this first hand, i live in a house with 3 females)
4. She's had children, there is nothing you could do to her that will hurt her physically or mentally at this point.

ua_hogs

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2009, 08:55:24 pm
D#^#%$ it! So thats whats been causing that.

Don't worry, I'd rather have a limp dick than whatever it is that would be wrong with me if I agreed with FCJ.

Knot2brite

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 03, 2009, 08:58:30 pm
No.  Just bring something to the table to discuss.
WEll I disagree most of the time with FCJ. It all started when he was griping about Tavaris Jackson not getting to play over Jones years ago. I think he is a knee jerk reaction person that uses the airwaves to express his opinion and then when no one agrees he hammers the hell out of us until someone says he is right. I do not disagree with the FACT that he is a diehard Hog fan, I just do not agree with the constant " The sky is falling because we have had some rough times" approach. I am not happy about the performance of the team either and I want the gimme wins and the should wins as well. I also understand that if the fan base jumps on a man that has two(2) guys that have significant playing time on the court and a boatload of transfers, freshmen, golfers, redshirt football players and hurt ballplayers then we will never see anything improve. Coaches know what other coaches go through and no decent name coach is going to want to put up with the BS when they know it is going to take a while to rebuild.

want2be

I like Joe's simple honesty, but if he was in Jeff Long's position.......He would be in a straight jacket within a year.........Just Sayin....Knee Jerks come easy.....Sometimes it takes time to let someone hang themself.....so there are not scapgoats.

BallHog1

Quote from: Hog Momster on December 03, 2009, 09:04:37 pm
Sure, FCJ is a gentleman that spends a lot of time here and calling into sports talk radio shows and basically trashing Pelphrey because he "knows" the man can't coach and is basically satan on earth in terms of the basketball program.

Rebel Fan

FCJ does not hold a candle to Michael from Stuggart, Tim from Little Rock or Hammering Hank. Case closed.
JUST IMAGINE IF THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLACK PLAYER MIKE LEACH LOCKED IN THE SHED.  JESSE JACKSON, OPRAH WINFREY, AL SHARPTON YOUR JETS ARE FUELED AND READY FOR DEPARTURE TO LUBBOCK.

Hog Momster

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2009, 09:06:45 pm
Sure, FCJ is a gentleman that spends a lot of time here and calling into sports talk radio shows and basically trashing Pelphrey because he "knows" the man can't coach and is basically satan on earth in terms of the basketball program.
Thanks for clearing that up.   :-*

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Hog Momster on December 03, 2009, 09:04:37 pm

What is this "manners" you speak of?
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

BallHog1

Quote from: Rebel Fan on December 03, 2009, 09:09:34 pm
FCJ does not hold a candle to Michael from Stuggart, Tim from Little Rock or Hammering Hank. Case closed.
Hank sometimes sheds light where there is darkness....sometimes.

Pork Twain

You also have the write to usin good gamer and lurn how tu spell but that hain't stuped ya.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: BeoPig™ on December 03, 2009, 09:11:11 pm
You also have the write to usin good gamer and lurn how tu spell but that hain't stuped ya.
Owned!

THUNDER!

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hog Momster on December 03, 2009, 09:02:40 pm
Who's FCJ?
He's the town clown that gets a pass because it is fun to listen to him.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: BallHog1 on December 03, 2009, 09:06:45 pm

How much coaching has Pel done in the last 24 games.  How much coaching did he do last season in the SEC season?  Pel may know basketball but he's in over his head.  Question for any Pel supporters...how many SEC wins do we get this year?
We don't rent pigs

ErieHog

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 03, 2009, 09:13:50 pm
How much coaching has Pel done in the last 24 games.  How much coaching did he do last season in the SEC season?  Pel may know basketball but he's in over his head.  Question for any Pel supporters...how many SEC wins do we get this year?

A great deal; a great deal; people presume that coaching will lead to wins, regardless of the talent level available, for some reason, when it frequently doesn't translate at all.

As for SEC play, 4 wins sounds about right.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

Knot2brite

3-4 at the most with the team that he has now. Add Fortson, Britt, and a healthy Sanchez and Washington maybe 1-2 more. 4-12 was about what I figured at the beginning of the year.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: wayne1958 on December 03, 2009, 09:13:50 pm

None to this point. Looking, looking, looking, still looking, well crap, let me get back with you.

THUNDER!