Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I SUPPORT COACH JOHN PELPHREY

Started by thirtythree, December 02, 2009, 10:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

The real Hogules

I hope you show such blind an unflinching loyalty to our next basketball coach and I hope you get to opportunity to start doing it sooner rather than later!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HogBreath

Quote from: thirtythree on December 02, 2009, 10:17:22 pm
And I could care less if any of you like it. Nothing you can say (150 times or more) will change that.

I just hope and pray that he turns this around so I can laugh in all of your faces when it happens.
I just hope you're not holding your breath on getting to laugh in anyone's face.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: ra2ford on January 23, 2011, 07:18:12 pm
We can't afford a Tier 1 FB program and a Tier 1 BB program in the SEC - Brutal Truth.  The choice has already been made.

Yes we can.  Basketball can pay for itself and then some with the right coach with sold out arenas and deep runs into the NCAA.

hogzilla3

Quote from: Kevin on December 03, 2009, 07:53:58 am
i support him also.  roy williams could not win with the roster that has begun the season.

but this is fireville.net
fire pel
fire long for not firing pel
fire willy
fire john L

i wonder how many would have a job if your boss had your patience.
They are his players that he started with, majority anyway!!!!!!!

WhenPigsFly

We can't afford a Tier 1 FB program and a Tier 1 BB program in the SEC - Brutal Truth.  The choice has already been made.

You know, just because you post this in every thread does not make it true.

Pel makes $1.21 million.   Every thousand additional season tickets sold raises $450,000.  A good coach will more than pay his own salary increase.

Facts are such stubborn things.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Wow, I didn't even pay attention to the dates on some of these posts, so I cruised through all six pages reading and stuff and I said to myself, "Wow, ThirtyThree really, truly loves John Pelphrey, so much that he's putting his reputation on the line like this."

Then I saw a Breems post about a Vandy loss and I was like "Wait, we haven't even played them yet."

This thread should be stickied. I especially liked ThirtyThree bumping his own post in the midst of that watered down SEC winning streak. All kinds of great things going on here.

mmhogs17

This is completely false

Porkem

Pephrey has had plenty of time and he has failed us....therefore he will now be referred as Failphrey.

If we don't make the NCAA Tournament, he should be fired.  Doubtful if all the recruits in next year's class will make it here anyway. 

We get Mike Anderson or any quality coach, the incoming recruits will stay, as they love Arkansas and want to play together. 
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

BossHog13

People are just using this "we can't afford a top tier coach" CRAP to make yet ANOTHER excuse as to why we should keep this INEPT coach. They are pulling out all the stops now to keep him here because they KNOW they CAN'T argue his abilities or that he hasn't been given enough time. Next, I guess they'll be saying he was once a poor sick child stricken with polio. Kick his A$$ out of Arkansas ... ASAP, NOW!!! Someone please, PLEASE get on a phone to Mike Anderson and BEG him to come here!

solix

Im pretty sure im on here numerous times sticking up for pel but if we dont 'bass tape' auburn by 20, im done.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Kevin on December 03, 2009, 08:02:59 am
right now, this team has one scorer.  there is no consistant 2nd score.  our pg is a quality ballhandler but not a playmaker at this point of his career.  we have no one who can break the defense down off the dribble.

powell is finding out how hard it is when coaches game plan for you.

again, nobody could win with this roster. 

Who is this one scorer?
SEC!

MountieDawg

January 24, 2011, 09:38:11 am #262 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:43:54 am by MountieDawg
Quote from: BossHog13 on January 24, 2011, 03:23:01 am
People are just using this "we can't afford a top tier coach" CRAP to make yet ANOTHER excuse as to why we should keep this INEPT coach. They are pulling out all the stops now to keep him here because they KNOW they CAN'T argue his abilities or that he hasn't been given enough time. Next, I guess they'll be saying he was once a poor sick child stricken with polio. Kick his A$$ out of Arkansas ... ASAP, NOW!!! Someone please, PLEASE get on a phone to Mike Anderson and BEG him to come here!

Name the one coach that would make you happy that would come here right now?  As far as being able to afford a top tier coach, the fans are already backing out of football season tickets due to the new request for more cash... The basketball team in about the last one left in the conference without a practice facility...
SEC!

MountieDawg

Quote from: mmhogs17 on January 24, 2011, 12:47:33 am
This is completely false

I think their is some truth to it....  Arkansas is in love with football right now and still just has the 9th best attendance in the SEC, just about Ole Miss, Miss St and Vandy...  And football has never been hotter....  Losing in basketball just gives an excuse for people to stay home...  Plus, this team has not lost at home all year and people still aren't coming...   The football team lost at home...
SEC!

toshortrock

i have nothing against pel,but it;s time to go,,,somebody help
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Tha Rocketman

And I could care less if any of you like it. Nothing you can say (150 times or more) will change that.

I just hope and pray that he turns this around so I can laugh in all of your faces when it happens.

I 100% support the Arkansas program, and unfortunately their coach.  But that doesn't mean I like it. 

The Florida game was one of the few I can ever remember turning off at halftime.

BartIV

doublebubba

I SUPPORT ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS BASKETBALL! That being said, John Pelphrey (dare I say it?) is less popular and less capable than Houston Nutt!  Sorry, just the facts.  And once again...I SUPPORT ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS BASKETBALL!

axharbor

is your name, thirtythree, what you PRAY our shooting percentage will RISE to when we play next (or maybe the next milestone number of points we will lose by...  Could even be the number of points we might score in an entire game)?  If Pel can suddenly have this team playing consistently great then I'll support him too.  Until then, I'm back on the Darkside...

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: axharbor on January 24, 2011, 03:20:34 pm
is your name, thirtythree, what you PRAY our shooting percentage will RISE to when we play next (or maybe the next milestone number of points we will lose by...  Could even be the number of points we might score in an entire game)?  If Pel can suddenly have this team playing consistently great then I'll support him too.  Until then, I'm back on the Darkside...

I think 33 is the amount of conference wins we'll have if Pelphrey stays here 6 years.

Total wins in his entire tenure, that is.