Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I told you so had enought yet hawg fans?

Started by forrest city joe, November 27, 2009, 09:17:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

I don't see it as rubbing in, tits.  Not at all.   

I am one that gives a coach what I believe is enough time to get results.   I was prepared to be patient with Pel this year and hope to see improvement.   I wasn't prepared for what we've done so far.   And from what I've read, it seems like some of the players don't care.   End of story if true.   When that happens, the end is near.   No 2 ways about it.   I will be surprised if he rallies this team enough to save his skin.   

songofthesword

we are 5 and 19 for since the beginning of this calander year.

hogwild32

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 27, 2009, 09:42:51 pm
The problem I have is how do we get the plane and banner inside BWA?

No need for a plane and banner.  Just figure out how to sneak a scissor lift in and hang the banner from the rafters.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: donewithdale on November 27, 2009, 09:49:08 pm
I hate to say this in November, but I don't see any way Pel survives.  It would be great if those who are bashing and those who keep telling us about the talent and how the team will succeed in SEC play would both stfu.  It appears the ending is inevitable.  At worst, can we argue over coaching candidates?

I hate it for Pel as I think he would have been a great fit here and he sincerely gets it when it comes to the expectations.  I think that is part of what got him in trouble by going for a quick fix by taking some risks.
as much as I hate seeing our hoops team fall ever further down into the abyss of nothingness, I find it even more frustrating that Blanche Lincoln, who, when given a real chance to stop a true national debacle that is about to ensue after Blanche's vote allowed the bill to proceed to a debate where a simple majority vote is all that is required for passage of the bill....Blanche knew this, she will be allowed by the powers at be in her political party to vote against the bill when a simple marjority is all that is needed so she can proclaim during her re-election campaign bid next year that she voted against the bill......and of course by then, the people from Arkansas will think ol' BLanche did all she could do ....which nothing could be further from the truth
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

badIntentions

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 27, 2009, 09:39:08 pm
The Hogs could go 0-50 over the next two years, and I'D STILL BE SICK OF LISTENING TO YOU WHINE AND GRIPE LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!

It takes ZERO ANYTHING to come on here after the Hogs get beat the way they did tonight and gripe and whine and throw your little pit party.  Any retard can do that.

Pel sucks.  The Hogs suck.  Long sucks.  WE GET IT!!  WE GOT IT WHEN YOU WROTE IT THE FIRST TIME -- ABOUT 200 STUPID, BORING, REPETITIVE POSTS AGO!!

Stop watching.  Stop posting.  Go away until they get a good coach and you'll have someone else to whine and gripe about.

I agree w/u. Great post!
I can talk better than Lou Holtz with spoonfull of peanut butter in my mouth.

LBRHAWG

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 09:47:53 pm
Thank you. and the sad thing is i wanted to be wrong. i hate seeing the hawgs like this. it's pitiful.

Agreed FCJ:  I HATE seeing this, but it is time for JL to cut his losses and MOVE ON!
GO HOGS!

donewithdale

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 27, 2009, 09:59:17 pm
as much as I hate seeing our hoops team fall ever further down into the abyss of nothingness, I find it even more frustrating that Blanche Lincoln, who, when given a real chance to stop a true national debacle that is about to ensue after Blanche's vote allowed the bill to proceed to a debate where a simple majority vote is all that is required for passage of the bill....Blanche knew this, she will be allowed by the powers at be in her political party to vote against the bill when a simple marjority is all that is needed so she can proclaim during her re-election campaign bid next year that she voted against the bill......and of course by then, the people from Arkansas will think ol' BLanche did all she could do ....which nothing could be further from the truth
You nailed it exactly on ole Blanche.  I'm not going to let Arkansans forget.

Coaching searches are always fun. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: badIntentions on November 27, 2009, 09:59:46 pm
I agree w/u. Great post!
and any retard can follow the charm of St Patrick and drown himself into the ocean....its called blind faith
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

The real Hogules

Quote from: donkey on November 27, 2009, 09:55:22 pm
Funny stuff.  Thank you.  I needed that.

Our only true options as fans are to cuss, cry, or try and find what little humor can be derived from a situation that is totally beyond our control.

I've already went through the cussing stage and have thankfully moved on to attempting to find the humor in the situation that is beyond my control.

I find it allows me to sleep better after an @$$ thrashing like we have received at the hands of two directional schools in a row...............on our home court.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ishankem

I never have liked firing a coach mid-season. you've made your bed at the start of the season and you should stick to your word and see it through.
Pel should get one last chance to see if he can turn it around this year.
If he can't every coach in the country will know this job will be open come spring.

BadHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 09:17:50 pm
Remember when i told some of you last year that i dont need to see Pel coach another game, because he cant coach a lick and needs to go? i said we should have cut our losses liky KY did. i got blasted  and told it would get better this next season. im still waiting on it to get better. who is with me now? or how much more pain is it going to take? this is bad folks. real bad. Jeff Long made a big mistake at the end of last season.

you are the most brainless idiot in Arkansas. Right after Arkansas beat Texas and Oklahoma, you said Arkansas needed to give Pelphrey a 10-year extension. I can pull up your post history if you'd like.
Are you going to deny you were calling Pelphrey the greatest thing since sliced bread and we needed to lock him up so KY didn't come get him? Your posts are recorded here.
So, what is it? He could coach better than anyone then, and he can't coach now. You are so full of it.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 27, 2009, 09:22:58 pm
Please explain how cutting CJP loose now as opposed to at the end of the season i going to make an ounce of difference where the team or a coaching search is concerned, because I really don't get that part of your drivel.
I just noticed you took Pelphrey out of your signiture.  I take it you've given up on him?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

forrest city joe

November 27, 2009, 10:14:47 pm #62 Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:16:46 pm by forrest city joe
Quote from: BadHog on November 27, 2009, 10:10:02 pm
you are the most brainless idiot in Arkansas. Right after Arkansas beat Texas and Oklahoma, you said Arkansas needed to give Pelphrey a 10-year extension. I can pull up your post history if you'd like.
Are you going to deny you were calling Pelphrey the greatest thing since sliced bread and we needed to lock him up so KY didn't come get him? Your posts are recorded here.
So, what is it? He could coach better than anyone then, and he can't coach now. You are so full of it.
I never said give Pel a 10-year extension. go find any post where isaid that. i was right and you are wrong. and you cant stand it.Pel is what a thought he was.(a terrible coach) also, i have admitted over and over on this board that i was wrong a Pel. im man enough to admit when im wrong. unlike huggers like you. YOU WERE WRONG. GET OVER IT.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 27, 2009, 10:10:52 pm
I just noticed you took Pelphrey out of your signature.  I take it you've given up on him?

While I'm not as ready as most to pull the plug mid season, I reluctantly must agree that whatever the answer to our basketball programs woes are, it is not Jon Pelphery.

As Pork said, it's a shame, because CJP appears to be as nice a person as you'd ever want to meet and really wants to succeed at Arkansas. It just doesn't appear like it's going to work out for him.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think the trouble really started when Pel arrived, walked up to Rick Schaeffer and said "Hey, can you recommend a good barber?"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BadHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 10:14:47 pm
I never said give Pel a 10-year extension. go find any post where isaid that. i was right and you are wrong. and you cant stand it.Pel is what a thought he was.(a terrible coach) also, i have admitted over and over on this board that i was wrong a Pel. im man enough to admit when im wrong. unlike huggers like you. YOU WERE WRONG. GET OVER IT.

I'm not hugging him at all. I didn't wasnt him from the start. I'm just saying that here you are now, saying he needs to go when less than a year ago you were crediting him with being the second coming of Eddie Sutton or something after those OU and Texas wins. That was a mirage.
I want him to go. He needs to go. I'm glad you finally see what I saw the day they hired him. Same as HDN. You hugged on him for six years before you finally realized he was worthless.

donewithdale

Quote from: BadHog on November 27, 2009, 10:19:13 pm
I'm not hugging him at all. I didn't wasnt him from the start. I'm just saying that here you are now, saying he needs to go when less than a year ago you were crediting him with being the second coming of Eddie Sutton or something after those OU and Texas wins. That was a mirage.
I want him to go. He needs to go. I'm glad you finally see what I saw the day they hired him. Same as HDN. You hugged on him for six years before you finally realized he was worthless.

Typical Joe.  His emotions and opinions change from streak to streak and game to game. If we had turned it around, he would just say he was wrong again.  And then the first losing streak, he would go back the other way saying he was wrong. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: BadHog on November 27, 2009, 10:19:13 pm
I was right about Pel and i was right about Nutt. if i make a mistake, i admit it and move on. Pel should have been fired after last season. just like i posted last year.

Pickled Pig

I have been attending Razorback Basketball games since I was old enough to sit on a bench without being held; that was approximately 36 years ago. I have never seen a more poorly coached team than this one.

Tonight I saw a side of Pel I had never seen before. For an entire half (first half) Pel looked completely disinterested, as did his assistants; there was absolutely zero passion or fire in him and, in turn, there was zero fire in our players. I sit on the second row directly behind the bench and, so, the things I see are up close and personal. If there's no passion in the players' or coaches' eyes and voices then I see/hear it, and I'm telling you that for the entire first half Pel looked completely disinterested in the game he was coaching. I've got a real problem with that, particularly when we're losing. If I were being paid $800,000 to live in Fayetteville and coach basketball I would hardly be able to contain myself. I was VERY disappointed with PEL tonight and, unlike many on here, that's the first time I've felt that way or said that about him.

The problems with our team, in addition to the one I've mentioned above (which is a huge one) are numerous. Here are 10 of them, as I see them (these are in no particular order - they all matter greatly):

1) We only have 3 seniors, and one of them (although I hear he's a great guy and is clearly a very good overall athlete) is a golfer.

2) The other 2 seniors are, quite frankly, not very smart (that's putting it mildly);

3) Those same 2 seniors (Welsh and Washington) exhibit absolutely zero leadership on or, apparently, off of the floor, and only one of them (Welsh) plays with any passion, and he only does that on occasion. I take that back, Washington shows some passion if he's being fed the ball in the paint on the run to the basket, but he doesn't do a lot of running. Also, Washington is no better now than he was when he was a sophomore, and neither is Welsh. In fact, they are both arguably worse now than they were then; 

4) We have no true post-player (no #5 man). I understand some would argue otherwise, but they're wrong. Washington is really a #4 playing the #5 position.

5) We have no #3 player (no swing-forward). I suppose Farmer is one, but he's probably not going to take too many games over at that position. We have no Todd Day, Scotty Thurman, etc., or anyone who even comes close to the talent we need at that and other positions to be a truly good team, which relates to recruiting (see #10 below);

6) Our motion offense is nothing more than that (i.e., a motion offense); we don't appear to be running any different plays on offense, and if they're being called then they're clearly not be executed.

7) Related to #6 above, we don't set any screens, and our only pure scorer and shooter (Clarke) is the kind of player who absolutely needs them to be consistently good. Clarke is not a player who can create a lot of shots, and he's being asked/expected to take his shot whenever he gets ANY space between his defender, which usually isn't much. The fact that his percentage is still as high as it is remarkable; it's a testament to how truly unbelievable his shooting skills are. I saw Washington set 2 screens tonight, one of which was an illegal one. Clarke scored on the sole legal pick that Washington set.

8) Our players (aside from Clarke and the injured Sanchez) show absolutely no fire or love for the game, which is in my view a reflection of the coach.

9) As bad as our offense is right now, our defense is MUCH worse; it's not even close as to which is worse. I saw in this or some other thread that someone thinks R. Evans should take over as head coach. Really?? He's primarily responsible for the defensive side of the ball, and our defense is as bad as it ever has been since pre-Sutton. And you want him to be the head coach?? We're having to hit 3 after 3 just to stay in a game (when I say "we," of course, I mean Clarke). Why is that? Because the other team is getting a lot of easy baskets in the paint. Sure, the other teams are hitting from the outside as well, but a lot of our opponents baskets have been ridiculously easy baskets.

10) Recruiting. Stan Heath was an awful coach, but at least he recruited. We had at least 2 top 10 recruiting classes during Heath's relatively short tenure, and those came directly after the poor ending of the Nolan regime. There's really no excuse to how bad Pel's recruiting has been. We have one of the nicest facilities in the country, the greatest fans, we're in the SEC, and if you're a stud you would start immediately. The 2010 recruiting class doesn't appear to be much if any better than what it's been, and look what Pel's last 2 classes have done for us. It all starts with recruiting/talent.

PP

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 10:14:47 pm

uh, yeah you did. Maybe not in a post but you said it on Shawn and Wally to give him a raise and "lock him up" for 10 years.  Most of us agree with you that Pel has lost the team and is in way over his head, but you are acting like you called it all along.

donewithdale

November 27, 2009, 10:49:50 pm #70 Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:51:45 pm by donewithdale
Quote from: Pickled Pig on November 27, 2009, 10:34:25 pm
I have been attending Razorback Basketball games since I was old enough to sit on a bench without being held; that was approximately 36 years ago. I have never seen a more poorly coached team than this one.

Tonight I saw a side of Pel I had never seen before. For an entire half (first half) Pel looked completely disinterested, as did his assistants; there was absolutely zero passion or fire in him and, in turn, there was zero fire in our players. I sit on the second row directly behind the bench and, so, the things I see are up close and personal. If there's no passion in the players' or coaches' eyes and voices then I see/hear it, and I'm telling you that for the entire first half Pel looked completely disinterested in the game he was coaching. I've got a real problem with that, particularly when we're losing. If I were being paid $800,000 to live in Fayetteville and coach basketball I would hardly be able to contain myself. I was VERY disappointed with PEL tonight and, unlike many on here, that's the first time I've felt that way or said that about him.

The problems with our team, in addition to the one I've mentioned above (which is a huge one) are numerous. Here are 10 of them, as I see them (these are in no particular order - they all matter greatly):

1) We only have 3 seniors, and one of them (although I hear he's a great guy and is clearly a very good overall athlete) is a golfer.

2) The other 2 seniors are, quite frankly, not very smart (that's putting it mildly);

3) Those same 2 seniors (Welsh and Washington) exhibit absolutely zero leadership on or, apparently, off of the floor, and only one of them (Welsh) plays with any passion, and he only does that on occasion. I take that back, Washington shows some passion if he's being fed the ball in the paint on the run to the basket, but he doesn't do a lot of running. Also, Washington is no better now than he was when he was a sophomore, and neither is Welsh. In fact, they are both arguably worse now than they were then; 

4) We have no true post-player (no #5 man). I understand some would argue otherwise, but they're wrong. Washington is really a #4 playing the #5 position.

5) We have no #3 player (no swing-forward). I suppose Farmer is one, but he's probably not going to take too many games over at that position. We have no Todd Day, Scotty Thurman, etc., or anyone who even comes close to the talent we need at that and other positions to be a truly good team, which relates to recruiting (see #10 below);

6) Our motion offense is nothing more than that (i.e., a motion offense); we don't appear to be running any different plays on offense, and if they're being called then they're clearly not be executed.

7) Related to #6 above, we don't set any screens, and our only pure scorer and shooter (Clarke) is the kind of player who absolutely needs them to be consistently good. Clarke is not a player who can create a lot of shots, and he's being asked/expected to take his shot whenever he gets ANY space between his defender, which usually isn't much. The fact that his percentage is still as high as it is remarkable; it's a testament to how truly unbelievable his shooting skills are. I saw Washington set 2 screens tonight, one of which was an illegal one. Clarke scored on the sole legal pick that Washington set.

8) Our players (aside from Clarke and the injured Sanchez) show absolutely no fire or love for the game, which is in my view a reflection of the coach.

9) As bad as our offense is right now, our defense is MUCH worse; it's not even close as to which is worse. I saw in this or some other thread that someone thinks R. Evans should take over as head coach. Really?? He's primarily responsible for the defensive side of the ball, and our defense is as bad as it ever has been since pre-Sutton. And you want him to be the head coach?? We're having to hit 3 after 3 just to stay in a game (when I say "we," of course, I mean Clarke). Why is that? Because the other team is getting a lot of easy baskets in the paint. Sure, the other teams are hitting from the outside as well, but a lot of our opponents baskets have been ridiculously easy baskets.

10) Recruiting. Stan Heath was an awful coach, but at least he recruited. We had at least 2 top 10 recruiting classes during Heath's relatively short tenure, and those came directly after the poor ending of the Nolan regime. There's really no excuse to how bad Pel's recruiting has been. We have one of the nicest facilities in the country, the greatest fans, we're in the SEC, and if you're a stud you would start immediately. The 2010 recruiting class doesn't appear to be much if any better than what it's been, and look what Pel's last 2 classes have done for us. It all starts with recruiting/talent.

PP

This deserves its own thread.  Its a disservice for it to be in a FCJ rant.

forrest city joe

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 27, 2009, 10:49:21 pm
uh, yeah you did. Maybe not in a post but you said it on Shawn and Wally to give him a raise and "lock him up" for 10 years.  Most of us agree with you that Pel has lost the team and is in way over his head, but you are acting like you called it all along.

Thats a lie and you know it. tell Shawn Arnell to pull it up. they keep old sound bytes. he wont because it was never said. you are a liar. you may as well admit i was right about Pel and move on.

BadHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 10:30:40 pm
I was right about Pel and i was right about Nutt. if i make a mistake, i admit it and move on. Pel should have been fired after last season. just like i posted last year.

Right, but this is what you were posting right after the Texas game. You change like the wind in Arkansas (your response follows the smiley face after samurai's post to you):

Quote from: samurai on January 07, 2009, 06:44:50 PM

Joe can you imagine what these young guys are gonna be like by the time they are juniors and have a few post guys to play with
                                   8)

Man it is going to be like old times again. what i like most is how well coached this team is.we are so close to being the kind of program we during the Nolan glory years.

jman

bet you wont find any post by me like that....unless of course you make it up

Quote from: BadHog on November 27, 2009, 11:06:44 pm
Right, but this is what you were posting right after the Texas game. You change like the wind in Arkansas (your response follows the smiley face after samurai's post to you):

Joe can you imagine what these young guys are gonna be like by the time they are juniors and have a few post guys to play with
                                   8)

Man it is going to be like old times again. what i like most is how well coached this team is.we are so close to being the kind of program we during the Nolan glory years.

The_Iceman

forrest city joe

Quote from: BadHog on November 27, 2009, 11:06:44 pm

8)

How many times last year in the sec season did i admit was was wrong about Pel after he won the Texas and OU games. when we wnt 2 and 15 in the pitiful sec. i posted right here on hogville that i was wrong about Pel. that he cant coach a lick and should be fired. unlike you, i will admit when im wrong. dont lie. tell the truth. i have never posted or said give Pel a 10 year contract. find it anywjere here on hogville or the radio. FIND IT!

Merle Hawggard

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

majestic

FCJ is a joke.  While I agree that Pel needs to go, I won't go full retard like FCJ.  If I remember correctly, FCJ was smoothing Pel's rod last year; typical panic fan.

The BB program has been in disarray for over 10 years.  We hired Heath to quell rumors of racism.  We hired Pel because we hired Heath.  Nobody really wants to coach this team, not even Pelphrey.  The only way to get bb back to prominence is to either hire a proven coach or give an "up and comer" 5 or 6 years.   Pel is, obviously, not the former and, apparently, not the latter.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

bigdaddyhawg

Here's the deal Joe:

Pel will be gone on his own merits, or serious lack thereof.  Other than venting like some spoiled child, what are you accomplishing by your constant rants?

Let me put it another way.  If you had a worthless mule who just wouldn't plow, and you knew this was the deal and that no matter how hard you beat him he still would not plow, what would it accomplish by going out in the field each day, beating him again and again, knowing he's not going to plow?

You know the deal with Pel.  OK.  Big woop.  You're some basketball genius (even though we all know the truth about that).  But just what are you accomplishing by coming on here game after game spewing the EXACT SAME STUFF AGAIN AND AGAIN?

Save yourself the pain.  Stop watching the games.  I'll PM you when the UA fires Pel.  Then you can get back on Jump Ball to talk about who the next coach should be.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jdhawg

forrest city joke is a blow hard retard that rides both side of the fence. is post say the same thing over and over and over. he needs to just shut is trap. he must be a politican he lies out both sides of his mouth. if you dont believe me pull up the archives. go away big mouth loser people are tired of hearing you.

40MINSOFHELL

Well I changed my name to 40MINSOFHELL...there is no more 40MINSOFPEL because from tonights performance, pelphrey does not deserve to be associated with 40 mins of hell....but I will still watch and hope we win...GO HOGS....

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 09:55:04 pm
unless something changes, we cant let Pel coach all year. both Bama and UGA made their moves at mid-season. coaches around the country need to know that the arkansas is open. no telling who may want to come here. we dont need to wait until season's end and be in a rush to hire a coach.

I agree.  Arkansas is just too good of a job to let this crap go on.  We can and will get a damn good coach.  Just watch and see.

lookinupthehill

Shut up, shut up, shut up.  You and all your little junkies are morons. This team right now is young, small, and shallow.  There's a problem on the bench alright and it's not Pel.

Notice how the number of shirts and suits outnumber the jerseys about 3-1? Although it wouldn't matter cause you don't know squat about basketball. You are the cancer of this progam now, congratulations...

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2009, 09:17:50 pm
Remember when i told some of you last year that i dont need to see Pel coach another game, because he cant coach a lick and needs to go? i said we should have cut our losses liky KY did. i got blasted  and told it would get better this next season. im still waiting on it to get better. who is with me now? or how much more pain is it going to take? this is bad folks. real bad. Jeff Long made a big mistake at the end of last season.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: lookinupthehill on November 28, 2009, 12:00:06 am
Shut up, shut up, shut up.  You and all your little junkies are morons. This team right now is young, small, and shallow.  There's a problem on the bench alright and it's not Pel.

Notice how the number of shirts and suits outnumber the jerseys about 3-1? Although it wouldn't matter cause you don't know squat about basketball. You are the cancer of this progam now, congratulations...

All they need is Fortson, right?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

lookinupthehill

Oh and by the way, it took what 4-6 weeks and 6 coaches to get Pel after the crap Heath left us with??  Who do think will come here if we can Pel right now?  NOBODY!  This isn't 1994 anymore people, like it or not we have a looking way to go.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: lookinupthehill on November 28, 2009, 12:00:06 am

"This team right now is young, small, and shallow."
So tell us, who is responsible for the above?  And we were bigger than E. TN State but they kicked our asses on the boards.  How do you defend that?  I was 10 rows off the court tonight and we looked lost, disorganized, and uninspired for most of the game.  If it's the players then who recruited them?   

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: lookinupthehill on November 28, 2009, 12:03:22 amThis isn't 1994 anymore people,

You ain't kidding!  Have you seen them play this year?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

lookinupthehill

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 28, 2009, 12:01:13 am
All they need is Fortson, right?

Sure as heck wouldn't hurt since we have a true freshman playing 38 mins at point with no backup.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: lookinupthehill on November 28, 2009, 12:03:22 am
Oh and by the way, it took what 4-6 weeks and 6 coaches to get Pel after the crap Heath left us with??  Who do think will come here if we can Pel right now?  NOBODY!  This isn't 1994 anymore people, like it or not we have a looking way to go.

What better situation to come into?  Great money and anything you do will be an improvement.  We can and will get a good coach.  We would be very hard pressed to do worse don't you think?

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Porkem

Joe, I'm with you all the way. Pel's got to go. You were right all along and some of these posters can't stand it because you were right.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

lookinupthehill

How about the players that took their season in their own hands by doing a bunch of moronic crap to get suspended?

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 28, 2009, 12:03:40 am

"This team right now is young, small, and shallow."
So tell us, who is responsible for the above?  And we were bigger than E. TN State but they kicked our asses on the boards.  How do you defend that?  I was 10 rows off the court tonight and we looked lost, disorganized, and uninspired for most of the game.  If it's the players then who recruited them?  

lookinupthehill

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 28, 2009, 12:05:45 am
What better situation to come into?  Great money and anything you do will be an improvement.  We can and will get a good coach.  We would be very hard pressed to do worse don't you think?

Um... wouldn't that be the same situation as when Heath left??  That worked out well for us didn't it?

forrest city joe

November 28, 2009, 12:12:13 am #93 Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 12:50:40 am by forrest city joe
Quote from: jdhawg on November 27, 2009, 11:50:52 pm
forrest city joke is a blow hard retard that rides both side of the fence. is post say the same thing over and over and over. he needs to just shut is trap. he must be a politican he lies out both sides of his mouth. if you dont believe me pull up the archives. go away big mouth loser people are tired of hearing you.
Yea Yea. same crap i was hearing at the end of last season when i said Pel should have been fired on the spot. FCJ is terrible and should leave jump ball. same crap. i got news for you. im mad as hell at Pel, and im not leaving!

HawgnCorona

Ok! So you told us so. . .See how smart you are?! I for one  hope that makes you and everyone else feel better. So please stop with the gloating already. It doesnt make any of us a genius. . .

But seriously. We (and I do mean WE) are all feeling sick right now (is there a Dr in the house) with the direction how the BB program is going. No one needs anyone to tell them the obvious, however it does take some a little longer to arrive at the same conclusion (you see there is this thing called HOPE!)

Do overs are okay for street ball but not on the college level but losing to a couple of average mid majors at home is to much for any TRUE HOG FAN(I hope they didnt pay for those two ARSE whippin's).

If Pel is to be let then so be it, doesnt matter whether it is tomorrow, mid season or the end of the season, bottom line is we need to do it and do it decisively. . .if the last TWO games (not last season) is any kind of indicator of how far we have fallen then HADES couldnt be much lower.

As far a getting someone to coach, I believe there will always be a good coach that loves a good challenge and goodness know the BB program and its FANs are just that.  So let the chips fall where they may.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

WilsonHog

Well, I feel sorta like the dog screwing the skunk.

I haven't had all I want, but I've had about all I can stand.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkem Yung on November 28, 2009, 12:06:52 am
Joe, I'm with you all the way. Pel's got to go. You were right all along and some of these posters can't stand it because you were right.
Thank you. BINGO!

chiefsfan

Joe No offense.  but is this really the right time to use I told you so.   It makes it sound as if you are happy we lost
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

forrest city joe

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 28, 2009, 12:26:51 am
Joe No offense.  but is this really the right time to use I told you so.   It makes it sound as if you are happy we lost
I am never happy when the hawgs lose. it makes me sick. go to the game thread. i was pulling all out for the hawgs to win this game. i hope hope they win a lot of games and go to the NCAA's. but no way do i think that will happen.the i told you so is to let people like you and others know that you are not always right and others are wrong. you guys were flatout wrong about Pel. he is terrible!

chiefsfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 28, 2009, 12:32:06 am
I am never happy when the hawgs lose. it makes me sick. go to the game thread. i was pulling all out for the hawgs to win this game. i hope hope they win a lot of games and go to the NCAA's. but no way do i think that will happen.the i told you so is to let people like you and others know that you are not always right and others are wrong. you guys were flatout wrong about Pel. he is terrible!

everyone was wrong joe...including you.   I thought you were going to elect him president after we beat OU last year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.