Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Student section sign ideas..

Started by aaaactionvp, December 02, 2008, 04:27:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aaaactionvp

let's get creative and help these folks out.  I hate duke but their student section is awesome and it bleeds energy to the team.  This is our(the older folks) opportunity to help put the energy back.

jst01

"The WNBA called, you've been rejected"

HawgWild

Courtesy of bobbybouchet in another thread:
"Plays with barbies, loves Clay Aiken, drinks fruity drinks, watched Gigli (pause) twice, was a backstreet boy...I would go to games just to yell that out. "

The_Iceman

with finals approaching, we arent really thinking about the signs. so we will gladly accept any help in terms of ideas for "The Trough."

oldbooniehog

Get magic markers and some poster board.

Customize the signs for specific players and teams.

Use regular signs for lowly SWAC teams.

But say for Oklahoma or Texas or SEC opponents, get hold of any media guide, newspaper story, etc, that contains specific info about a specific player.

Dale Brown, then coach of LSU, made a comment about how Nolan Richardson's defense was like being the victim of a mugging and how he should have called the police for help.

We made him an intro sign, just before game time that said, "DIAL 9-1-1!"

Customize them. Use magic markers and poster board and your brains.

oldbooniehog

When Rick Pitino came to Barnhill as coach of the KY Wildcats, we taught the student section to say "Sit down bus driver" only in Italian.

obh

ke2743

Yeah my high school was more creative with signs than U of A was when I went there.  But then again I never really made a sign and held it up in the student section at U of A so I'm basically just blowing hot air.

Tone

I said this on another thread but when Bruce Pearl comes in "NICE NAILS"  would be a good sign instead of "Nice Hair" and chants should be ALIMONY. 

HogTuba

Quote from: Tone-Loc on December 02, 2008, 11:06:22 am
I said this on another thread but when Bruce Pearl comes in "NICE NAILS"  would be a good sign instead of "Nice Hair" and chants should be ALIMONY. 

This.  Please do this.
S-A-S-N-A-K--RA

Swine & Cheese Club

razorzapp

speaking of rick rolled, for one player we could sing 'never gonna give you up......'

please someone change the signs.  i've been begging for this for years!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

If you've noticed, Duke's student section is the first 7 or 8 rows all the way around Cameron Indoor... Our boosters would NEVER allow for the "good" scholarship seats to be filled with screaming college kids... therefore there will always be Old Boring A$$ Hags that sit in the "good seats" while the students are confined to about 400 seats near the band.

razorzapp

Quote from: gguillo on December 02, 2008, 11:32:25 pm
If you've noticed, Duke's student section is the first 7 or 8 rows all the way around Cameron Indoor... Our boosters would NEVER allow for the "good" scholarship seats to be filled with screaming college kids... therefore there will always be Old Boring A$$ Hags that sit in the "good seats" while the students are confined to about 400 seats near the band.

where you going to find the screaming college kids?  bring them from duke?  this year the students have a QTR of the prime seating in the arena.  hopefully they will put it to good use this year.  i know 40 students had great seats for the a&m game.

zebra

#1.  Come to the games and cheer.

Monk-N-Dunk

Quote from: gguillo on December 02, 2008, 11:32:25 pm

SO TRUE.  People wonder why they kids don't get into it and then you realize they are so far behind everyone it's not even worth it.  Move the old people away and bring in the young ones.