Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"THE" Official Game Day Thread VU vs. UOA 3/01/08! GO HOGS GO.

Started by booogaga, March 01, 2008, 03:36:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

babywhiz

Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

31to6

This is me eating my words when I said we would lose if it was close. Great finish. The technical helped, but the way they executed in the last minute I don't think it was necessary.

Ouachihog

Quote from: rljjr on March 01, 2008, 06:14:17 pm
What's that do for our Real Time RPI?

Not updated yet from what I can see.  I'm sure we'll have a thread about it soon though. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

31to6

Quote from: hoghawk on March 01, 2008, 06:14:18 pm
Sonny was clutch on the free throw line down the stretch.  That is how close games are won my friends!  Great win Coach Pel.  Ride the momentum hogs!
That defensive stand was awesome. Clutch free-throw shooting is how you ice the win, but too many times we have collapsed defensively and let the other team's playmakers beat us in the last two minutes.

The close of the game was pretty much perfectly executed.

ke2743

Today felt good.  Almost takes away the pain from the Alabama loss..

SteveInArk

Quote from: wdremington on March 01, 2008, 06:15:16 pm
This is me eating my words when I said we would lose if it was close. Great finish. The technical helped, but the way they executed in the last minute I don't think it was necessary.

That's no problem.... the late wins this year are something we are only now beginning to expect.... feels good though!
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

jgphillips3

Vanderbilt made me sweat.  I bet my brother-in-law (and posted on here I think) that we would go 3-2 in our final five games splitting Kentucky and Vanderbilt and losing to Bama.  If they can keep that intensity, my money may be safe. 

UltimateHog

Now can we win a road game against a very sub .500 SEC team on National Television(ESPN)?
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

SteveInArk

Pel crediting BWA and the crowd today......  said team played with great heart....
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

booogaga

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 01, 2008, 06:19:55 pm
Pel crediting BWA and the crowd today......  said team played with great heart....
how large was the crowd
GO HOGS!

SteveInArk

Post game words for difference from Ala game to today's game, per Pel....  "staggering!"

hogtheball

Quote from: donewithdale on March 01, 2008, 06:16:13 pm
This game shouldn't have been as close as it was.  Vandy is a pretty good team but outside of Foster they are nothing special and mostly slow.  Backcourt is small.  Unbelievable how good Foster is and the impact he has.  He is what our program has been missing since Joe.

They sure looked "special" three days ago when they beat the #1 team in the country.  I would say Ogilvy - a 6'11" freshman averaging 17 a games is fairly special as well.  this was a big win for us.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

SteveInArk

20 pts Weems, 17 pts Bev, 13 pts Townes, 13 pts Ervin (and 7 assists and only 1 turnover)...

SteveInArk

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

SteelShot

You dont want to get into a free throw shooting contest with Vandy.

Signed,

Bruce Pearl
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

booogaga

Quote from: hogtheball on March 01, 2008, 06:25:07 pm
They sure looked "special" three days ago when they beat the #1 team in the country.  I would say Ogilvy - a 6'11" freshman averaging 17 a games is fairly special as well.  this was a big win for us.
vandy will be a heck of a tourney team. they can feed the ball down low and shoot from the perimeter. plus the fact that they shoot 78% as a team from the line. they will be an elite 8 team for sure. i am confident in saying this.
GO HOGS!

Breems

Hats off to Ervin.

They played like Seniors today, closing out that game.

Weems... nuf' said

Beverly... Time to step out of that slump and you did! Great job!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

booogaga

GO HOGS!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

artyhog

Hogs played a great game today.  They never gave up.  I am very proud of how the Hogs did not let the Cores get the last laugh.
WPS :razorback:

PorkBrainz

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I LIKE IT!! UH HUH, UH HUH!!!!!

Great game guys!!!!! Wooo Pig Soooooooieeeeee!!!!!
Go Hogs!

hogtheball

Quote from: donewithdale on March 01, 2008, 06:32:26 pm
Different team away from Memorial. 

All SEC teams are "different" away from home.   Vanderbilt hadn't lost a game in over a month before today's game.  How many of these "not so special" teams you were talking about win 7 in a row in the SEC?  Again, this was a very good win for us.  Any team in the conference would be extremely happy with a W over Vandy right now!
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Smokehouse

Quote from: booogaga on March 01, 2008, 06:20:35 pm
how large was the crowd

just got back from the game, I'm not too good at estimating crowd sizes but there was a lot of empty seats today.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

reddogjcss

Way to go team; now so us you can do it on the road!!!!!!!!

31to6

Quote from: SteveInArk on March 01, 2008, 06:25:18 pm
20 pts Weems, 17 pts Bev, 13 pts Townes, 13 pts Ervin (and 7 assists and only 1 turnover)...
Ervin was only stuffed simultaneously by the entire other team once that I saw. That is the most important stat in the game. LOL.

Seriously, something clicked in Gary tonight because he seemed to be thinking more when he penetrated--more evasion and passing and fewer kamikaze runs.

Phenomenal One

Quote from: Smokehouse on March 01, 2008, 07:32:26 pm
just got back from the game, I'm not too good at estimating crowd sizes but there was a lot of empty seats today.

Yes there were.  This was the first game that I have ever been to at BWA.  Our seats were at the top of the upper deck but before the game started we moved down to about 10 rows up from center court and sat there the entire time.  I amazes me that people have tickets with those great seats and don't bother coming to the games