Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Lose Tonight....

Started by 100+GM HAWG, February 13, 2008, 03:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

if the refs call it close i think we have a better chance.

If the refs let UTs defenders beat our inside guys to death with no calls, we're toast. If they let us get to the strike and get them in foul trouble, we may win this one.

Oliver

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on February 13, 2008, 03:44:36 pm
How do you figure? UT likes to play fast too. We are more physical than UT, and UT already fouls enough as it is. How would a more tightly called game play into UT's favor? We will be banging it inside and they already foul enough. They could get called for even more fouls. The first 2 minutes will not decide the game. We have came back from pretty big deficits before.

They are a better free throw shooting team than we are number one.  Number two, if it is a closely called game, they will foul our big men out of the game and that will be the only place where we have an advantage.

WholeHogSmoker

February 13, 2008, 10:02:12 pm #52 Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:07:58 pm by WholeHogSmoker
Quote from: WholeHogSmoker on February 13, 2008, 06:02:22 pm
I believe were going to see the Hog's best effort of the year.  We must go at least 5-3 over the next 8 games to win the west and this game could start us off right. 

They will be focused and give Tennessee all they can handle.  Book it! 

ok, so I don't really know squadooche about our focus and preparation.  I feel like it was a poorly officiated game, but we were out hustled as well. 

come on boys, lets get it together and play well in Starkville. 

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 13, 2008, 07:55:32 pm
if the refs call it close i think we have a better chance.

If the refs let UTs defenders beat our inside guys to death with no calls, we're toast. If they let us get to the strike and get them in foul trouble, we may win this one.
When we go to Kentucky we will get hammered all night long and there will not be any fouls.  Also the three second rule does not apply to Kentucky since they switch to Bud Lite.

100+GM HAWG

Quote from: WADHOG on February 13, 2008, 05:52:17 pm
Sounds like Stan Heath has logged in as a member.  It's this attitude that allows a team to get complacent.  There is no reason for this team lead by seniors to get "spanked" by anyone.  IMO.
Want to give me some credit now? I call it like I see it. I was right. Not the end of the world. Our program is just not there yet. End of story.. Pelphrey will get it done though..

WADHOG

Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on February 13, 2008, 11:51:07 pm
Want to give me some credit now? I call it like I see it. I was right. Not the end of the world. Our program is just not there yet. End of story.. Pelphrey will get it done though..
Yeah, you were right.  Good grief man, I got your PM, do you want a pat on the back or what?  Call the rest of our season like you see it, I'm curious.  How will we fare against Kentucky, Vandy, in the SEC Tourney, the Dance....betting minds want to know.  You were right on the UT game, but so was just about everyone else in the country.