Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Robkin--How many remember him from the Sutton era?

Started by SunriseHog, April 11, 2007, 04:11:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: Legalsax on February 06, 2008, 05:32:38 pm
Me too... man that was a looooooooooooooong trip. I remember we spent NYE at some cheap bar with a Tiki Hut motif next door to the cheap ass motel somewhere north of Miami that they put the band in. What a great underage drunk-fest that night was!!!
That was my first bowl trip with the band, and as I recall, one bus broke down just as we entered Florida forcing some of us to wait along side the interstate for the bus company to send another.  NYE Drunk-fest indeed!  :D  Wasn't that hotel called the Waikiki Inn?

Legalsax

Quoteone bus broke down just as we entered Florida forcing some of us to wait along side the interstate for the bus company to send another.  NYE Drunk-fest indeed!  Cheesy  Wasn't that hotel called the Waikiki Inn?

Indeed it did (bus broke down) and I think it was (Waikiki Inn)...LOL

We also stopped and ate at some Gawdawfull buffet in Jacksonville...either going down or coming back... maybe it was both?
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Legalsax on February 06, 2008, 09:44:07 pm
Indeed it did (bus broke down) and I think it was (Waikiki Inn)...LOL

We also stopped and ate at some Gawdawfull buffet in Jacksonville...either going down or coming back... maybe it was both?

Man, what a miserable trip down there!!  Sicker than a dog!!  I was hurling from Pine Bluff to Orlando...had some gas, too!  ;)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DrSwineESQ

I also remember marching in the Orange bowl parade during the monsoon--wearing those disco uniforms.  And I thought they looked bad dry. :D  Good times.

SuckingSow

Quote from: DrSwineESQ on February 07, 2008, 01:13:21 am
I also remember marching in the Orange bowl parade during the monsoon--wearing those disco uniforms.  And I thought they looked bad dry. :D  Good times.

I remember the torrential downpour!  I must be getting old because I don't remember the name of the hotel nor that bar.  I do remember seeing James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) at the parade.  I've got the parade and game on a VCR tape somewhere.  Man, that's been along time ago.

PowderedToastMan

When Ark was in the SWC, I would run into him all the time at the basketball tournaments in Dallas.  Got his autograph on my Hog hat right beside Oliver Miller, Todd Day, Isaih Morris, Arlyn Bowers, and other players from that time.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!