Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

m18-kgbd-m18 pirep

Started by gotyacovered, November 19, 2014, 10:57:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

great trip, had a litle 54kt tail wind coming back!!!

got a little ice on the way up. was at 8.5 with a little headwind... nice trip...
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N42653/history/20141112/1315Z/M18/KGBD

couldn't ask for a better trip on the way back. only complaint was moderate to severe turbulence in decent outta 6k thru 5k; i was almost at redline... had a really hard time getting her slow while avoiding shock cooling. one of the first times i have had to worry about that in a 182!!!!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N42653/history/20141117/1630Z/KGBD/M18

used centerline at kgbd, they were great, highly recommend.

i figure out on the way back i need a 200kt airplane that can carry 500lbs of gear, 500lbs of fuel and at least one person.  ;D
You are what you tolerate.

john c

We used to fly into Great Bend to see a customer - nice place.

Would that be one that does 170-180 with its stock piston engine but has an efficient enough airframe that could do 200 if it had a turbine on the nose (assuming two propellers is out).  A36 turbine?  Didn't someone put a turbine on a P210?  Of course, if you get 200 you will then want 220 and then ...  Just go for a C-90 and get it over with.

gotyacovered

Quote from: john c on November 19, 2014, 12:53:17 pm
We used to fly into Great Bend to see a customer - nice place.

Would that be one that does 170-180 with its stock piston engine but has an efficient enough airframe that could do 200 if it had a turbine on the nose (assuming two propellers is out).  A36 turbine?  Didn't someone put a turbine on a P210?  Of course, if you get 200 you will then want 220 and then ...  Just go for a C-90 and get it over with.

a c90 would be perfect. haha. i could settle for a 340 though, i think. ;D

that is my heritage... my dad and his dads stomping ground. my grandparents still live there and barely fit it into their busy bridge schedule to eat dinner with me.

my uncle/cousin run a pretty large operation in Pawnee Rock (cows/farming).

john c

Used to (still do) work with people at Fuller B there (since 1981) - really, really good people.

bvillepig

HA HA

Gotya You are talking about a Mirage Matrix.  The airplane that knocked the Toga out of production.   

gotyacovered

Quote from: john c on November 19, 2014, 03:01:58 pm
Used to (still do) work with people at Fuller B there (since 1981) - really, really good people.

Would love to have a beer with ya sometime...

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on November 19, 2014, 04:06:33 pm
HA HA

Gotya You are talking about a Mirage Matrix.  The airplane that knocked the Toga out of production.   

Love how they look on the ramp, didn't know they were weight haulers!

bvillepig

gotyacovered

thats real good for the speed!!!

john c

You can usually find us a couple hundred feet NE of the RNWY 29 threshold of 3DW.  Don't worry about the 600' TV tower on the north side of the field - never saw anyone hit it.  (However, it does look tall in the bird's eye view of the field.)  Bring your appetite, we'll supply the rest.

gotyacovered

Quote from: john c on November 20, 2014, 12:28:26 pm
You can usually find us a couple hundred feet NE of the RNWY 29 threshold of 3DW.  Don't worry about the 600' TV tower on the north side of the field - never saw anyone hit it.  (However, it does look tall in the bird's eye view of the field.)  Bring your appetite, we'll supply the rest.

sounds fun, i know bville, gus and pistolpete would be jealous!

Pistol Pete

I flew to KPQL on the 17th... Similar tailwind as you had. My ground speed was between 154-158 knots almost the entire way. 318 km in about 2:15. 😍😍😍

gotyacovered

Quote from: Pistol Pete on November 25, 2014, 02:25:07 pm
I flew to KPQL on the 17th... Similar tailwind as you had. My ground speed was between 154-158 knots almost the entire way. 318 km in about 2:15. 😍😍😍

nice... i posted in antoher thread... you know the fellas that crashed the 401 based outta suz? (the crashed in missouri)

Pistol Pete

Quote from: gotyacovered on November 25, 2014, 04:41:54 pm
nice... i posted in antoher thread... you know the fellas that crashed the 401 based outta suz? (the crashed in missouri)
Yes, I know them well... I'll find out what the deal was after I give them a little time.