Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GippsAero GA8

Started by gotyacovered, August 12, 2014, 08:29:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

with Founds financial troubles dad is looking at these... he sent me a few pics after their test flight yesterday. i havent had a good chance to talk with him about flight characteristics, etc... and what he thought... he first saw them at the NBAA in vegas not long ago and set up the demo.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jerprek1seg75ql/AAD0ifeAskqW95jjSRFanLpTa

mfg webstie: http://www.gippsaero.com/
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Which model are they considering for a pipeline plane?  The only one that looked smaller than a 6 or 8 place plane was the low wing, and I didn't figure they would go to a low wing to fly pipelines. 
They all look extremely large for pipeline use.  Heck, the 206 and Found Expedition seemed big for pipeline use.  But what do I know? 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on August 14, 2014, 01:13:51 pm
Which model are they considering for a pipeline plane?  The only one that looked smaller than a 6 or 8 place plane was the low wing, and I didn't figure they would go to a low wing to fly pipelines. 
They all look extremely large for pipeline use.  Heck, the 206 and Found Expedition seemed big for pipeline use.  But what do I know? 

the 206/Expedition/gips are all "big" for this mission. long story short.... back in the mid 90's they switched from 182's to G1000 206's for range, safety, bigger/stronger airframe, more room, better ride and the cost from 182 to 206 was a value buy; acquisition to mx to sales that cost factors were negligible--plus they knew back then they were going to do away with the 100ll 182's (ya over 10 years ago) and they didnt want to deal with new tech jet a until it was proven--low level, high power, meticulous mx staff swapping engines at TBO for factory new.... comfy with what they had, didnt want to create probs.

prob is/was Cessna made the 206's girly-boys trying to compete with cirri.

to give you an idea... they (dads company) start looking to dump the 206's at about 6k hours and they are planning on the expeditions getting 14k... same with gips. they are work horses.

he liked the gipps but its slow(er) 125kts... think his exact statement was: i really like the plane, its not an expedtiion but better utility than a 206. itsa BIG plane.

gotyacovered

they ended up with three of them...

interstingly enough, they have been in a lot of full page adds on aopa mag and a few others, guess they are trying to penetrate the US market aggressively.

big, slow and could be described at a 206 on steroids.

[attachment deleted by admin]

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on December 09, 2014, 09:37:55 am
they ended up with three of them...

big, slow and could be described at a 206 on steroids.

Wow!  I can't get over how much plane they're using for pipeline mission.
Your dad has a sweet gig. 
That Expedition would fit into my program so well,,,, all except for the extra $ I'd have to come up with in addition to my old 182.....
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on December 15, 2014, 03:11:21 pm
Wow!  I can't get over how much plane they're using for pipeline mission.
Your dad has a sweet gig. 
That Expedition would fit into my program so well,,,, all except for the extra $ I'd have to come up with in addition to my old 182.....

i know, its all timing. if found wasnt going thru the changes they were and could produce 3 planes before 12/31, they would have sold em... but they couldnt.

this is crazy, they actually for ashort period of time are going to have 4... have you heard about the strikes on the west coast that has something to do with the shipping industry... the 3rd one shipped out of Australia 55 days ago and has been in a ship off shore waiting for the strike to end. if it doesnt before 12/31 they are going to buy a used one that is already stateside. its all about taxes. crazy. guess when your dealing with billions $700k isnt anything.