Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 05:21:54 pm

I am on record...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, November 05, 2017, 08:08:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

Saying that terminating Bret Bielema would be a mistake.  I realize that this season has been tough,  but let's not forget how far Bielema was able to bring this program from the mess left by Petrino.  Let's not forget the years with Brandon Allen, and the staff Bielema was able to bring in, (which at the time was without a doubt one of the best staff in college football. Georgia anybody?) Let's not forget the recruits he managed to get, and let's not forget some of the great wins we had under Bielema.

We need to see what changes Bielema will make (If any)  and what he can do with this group of players next year. It will be a huge mistake to start all over again.  I know everyone thinks we are going to get a magic coach to come to Arkansas, and start winning 10 games a year immediately - but it won't happen.   

Any coach that comes to Arkansas is going to have some trouble, mainly with recruiting.  Arkansas is a tough place to recruit (which Bielema was doing well. In fact, at one point,  just about every expert was saying he was leading the best recruiting staff Arkansas has ever had)

I just want to be on record saying it will be a big mistake to get rid of him right now.  No doubt about it.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rtr

I think the OP is trolling.  Not serious at all.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jst01

Gross. Why do I click these.

The NewEra

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 05, 2017, 08:08:27 am
Saying that terminating Bret Bielema would be a mistake.  I realize that this season has been tough,  but let's not forget how far Bielema was able to bring this program from the mess left by Petrino.  Let's not forget the years with Brandon Allen, and the staff Bielema was able to bring in, Let's not forget the recruits he managed to get, and let's not forget some of the great wins we had under Bielema.

We need to see what changes Bielema will make (If any)  and what he can do with this group of players next year. It will be a huge mistake to start all over again.  I know everyone thinks we are going to get a magic coach to come to Arkansas, and start winning 10 games a year immediately - but it won't happen.   

Any coach that comes to Arkansas is going to have some trouble, mainly with recruiting.  Arkansas is a tough place to recruit (which Bielema was doing well. In fact, at one point,  just about every expert was saying he was leading the best recruiting staff Arkansas has ever had)

I just want to be on record saying it will be a big mistake to get rid of him right now.  No doubt about it.

We were one point away from reaching the lowest point in the history of this program and the lowest point in Bielema's tenure and you think he should stay.  This is the logic that continues to amaze me with a very few in the fan base.  Well, you're on the record anyway.

elksnort

Putting the Ole uncle charlies on the treble hook.

rude1

Quote from: Kevin on November 05, 2017, 08:08:58 am
good morning jen
^^^This. Either you are Jen are a really bad troll.

Drop the Mike

So you want to keep bb because of his great recruiting? We prob lead the sec with 4 stars sitting on the bench behind walk ons

ipigsooie

Troll. Clickbait .  I can't believe I fell for it.

Dark Helmet Hog

Someone needs to run an IP check.  ;D

jgphillips3

let's not forget how far Bielema was able to bring this program from the mess left by Petrino.

How far? 8-5...two years ago.  That's it and he did that with Petrino recruits mostly.  Since it's been primarily his own team, 7-6 and 4-5 (soon to be 4-8 or 5-7).  I'm sorry, but I believe almost any idiot could accomplish that at Arkansas.  If you aren't a troll, you need mental help so I'll just give you credit for trolling and move on.

lumphog

Overflowing with STUPIDITY.... But, I'm NOT surprised    :o

HeathWimp

This guy sounds like another poster that used defend Bert tirelessly....integritydue or something like that.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

RazorbacksFTW

hoghearted

let's not forget how far Bielema was able to bring this program from the mess left by Petrino

so let's compare Bielema's first season to his fifth: 0 SEC wins to 1 SEC win. (I have NO faith that we can find a way to win another conference game. It's my belief we will get waxed in all three remaining games.)

We've come a long way, baby.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

007 License To Squeal

Saying that terminating Bret Bielema would be a mistake.  I realize that this season has been tough,  but let's not forget how far Bielema was able to bring this program from the mess left by Petrino.  Let's not forget the years with Brandon Allen, and the staff Bielema was able to bring in, (which at the time was without a doubt one of the best staff in college football. Georgia anybody?) Let's not forget the recruits he managed to get, and let's not forget some of the great wins we had under Bielema.

I just want to go on record saying that your logic is rediculous.....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

You must enjoy seeing the Razorbacks sit in the SEC cellar.......some fan!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******