Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball is the Best Sport

Started by yocdaddy, December 22, 2007, 10:01:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yocdaddy

How many people on Hogville have seen the movie 'Hoosiers'?  Ok, then understand that what happened today to the Hogs, and what happens almost weekly in college basketball, is what makes the sport so great.  That's what makes March Madness so amazing.  On any given day, the team that is smaller, slower, or less athletic can win.  Maybe if we played a 5 game series, there would be fewer upsets in basketball. 

Sure, it hurts like hell that we lost to App. St. today, and we all can list the reasons.  It is simpler than those reasons.  We couldn't hit free throws, we took bad shots, we couldn't get stops, they beat us to loose balls, etc...  Bottom line is that it is college basketball, the greatest game of all.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

ashleyswine

tkhog

Torqued pork

1. college football
2. spring football
3. flag football
4. nerf football
5. paper football

Pigonometry

Baseball is simple, but never easy.

jschulte

Basketball would probably be the best if it didn't rely so heavily on the refs calls.  Too many bad ones every game.

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

Quote from: Cooper on December 22, 2007, 10:40:47 pm
NFL
College football
College basketball
NBA
Boxing
Golf
Horse racing
Midget tossing
Water polo
Tennis
Ping pong
Competitive eating
Ice skating
Cricket
Stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty screwdriver
baseball

now thats funny right there!!!
my goodness, you must REALLLLLLY hate baseball!!!
+1
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!