Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Christmas for the Hogs?

Started by hunterhog11, December 22, 2007, 05:53:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hunterhog11

Do yall think Pelphrey will stick to his word and not let the players go home for Christmas?
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

jschulte

Hoggy1

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 22, 2007, 05:56:46 pm
Nope he backed out of it at the PC

well that doesn't look good, he shouldn't back out they need all the practice they can get.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

hawgwild1087

i kinda lost a litte respect for pel when he backed out of his "promise".  if hes gonna make bold statements like that, he needs to follow through, regardless of how well the other team plays.

tkhog

Modsquad24

December 22, 2007, 09:39:05 pm #5 Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 09:40:43 pm by Modsquad24
might as well go home for the holidays, as we all know they could practice til the power goes out in bwa and you will still get that kinda ** performance from time to time

rude1

I bet he wishes he had a do over on saying that one. No way to come out of that statement looking good. If he follows through with it, he risks damaging the fragile psych of this team and having them quit on him. If he doesn't do it, he looks soft, and his words have no meaning. If he wasn't prepared to do it, that statement would have been better left unsaid.

jschulte

truth be told -- family > basketball     

regardless of what he said

IZAHOG

Quote from: rude1 on December 22, 2007, 09:58:40 pm
I bet he wishes he had a do over on saying that one. No way to come out of that statement looking good. If he follows through with it, he risks damaging the fragile psych of this team and having them quit on him. If he doesn't do it, he looks soft, and his words have no meaning. If he wasn't prepared to do it, that statement would have been better left unsaid.

I couldn't agree more he should have never said it !

SuthrnFballer15

I agree with the statement of "what good is it going to do anyways" but its not just any other Holiday....its Christmas yall. darned if he does darned he doesn't is the way I see it.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

chiefsfan

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 22, 2007, 11:27:22 pm
I agree with the statement of "what good is it going to do anyways" but its not just any other Holiday....its Christmas yall. darned if he does darned he doesn't is the way I see it.

thats the problem he had.  Sure he could make them practice over christmas...but at the same time.  There is a certain point where all the running will do no good.  Might as well let them go home, and see if forgetting about basketball helps

We only turned it over 11 times today...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

nwa_razorback_coffee

While I was taking a leak in Colton's this afternoon during lunch I looked up and read the Dem-Gaz headlines that read something like "No Christmas For Hogs Without Win Over Appalachian." I wonder if the ASU players saw that headline when they left their hotel this afternoon to go to Alltell Arena?

Razorbackmedic

If he did follow through with that he would had been the biggest horsea arse there is. Basketball is a game you can't keep these kids from their families over the holidays. Now how hard they work the day they get back is a differant story.

cityhog

He probably thought there was no way in hell they would lose to App State.  THAT's why he made that comment.

Razor6

I like his energy and respect his initial and postgame decisions.

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

cream$$$

He lost the game because his guys have lost too much weight and couldn't stop their big guys down low, the best thing to do is let them go home and eat a lot.

Brand X Hog Fan

The radio guys made it sound like the Christmas practice was dependent on how hard the team played, not so much the loss. As Pel said, they had plenty of looks but just couldn't get the ball in the hole. They played pretty good defense. I probably would have left Hill in longer to help down low but we needed to try to get the upper hand and I am sure Pel thought we would start hitting some shots. Pelphrey is a shooter, with a shooter's mentality. He doesn't stop shooting just because he misses. Free throw shooting lost us the game. No excuse for that except it just wasn't meant to happen, I guess. Now, if the Hogs had come out and turned it over 20 times and missed their marks on offense, I am sure they would have been running red lines till Santa was fast asleep Tuesday afternoon.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

daddyadk

boy we have all you experts on here coaching thank God , let coach Pel do what we hired him to do , he knows what he is doing ,we have alot of basketball to play.

Rayzback

December 23, 2007, 11:07:27 am #18 Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 11:15:09 am by Rayzback
I asked Santa for a road win against Baylor... guess I shouldn't of overlooked App State in L.R.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

reddogjcss

The kids need to be with there family on CHRISTMAS!!! Besides if no one takes leadership on the team and average play every know and againg is accepted among the seniors PEL or any other coach can't do much with this bunch of seniors. :-[

masonselby

wow he should let them go home, its just basketball
lets see here seeing your family on Christmas  ......or basketball
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

Razorbackmedic

Quote from: Hogapalooza on December 23, 2007, 10:07:42 am
Truth be told,  Let Family Pay for their school then!

Wow talk about priorities way out of line.

Rayzback

December 23, 2007, 11:31:14 pm #22 Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 11:33:01 pm by Rayzback
God, Family, Country... then the UofA :}
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

hogballplayer30

Wow some of you guys actually think basketball is more important than the players going home to be with their families for Christmas?  You have go to be kidding me.  This might come as a shock to some of you but its only a game, I played basketball for 10 years and I would never miss a Christmas for a sport.  Its called priorities and what is really important in life.