Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what a complete disgrace.....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, December 22, 2007, 05:13:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

i cant believe it.

what a embarrassment.

never ever play in little rock again.

we suck there and for that matter every where else.

when will the disappointments end???

ekyle1

MAKE FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grayhawg

when this group of seniors are gone we may have a chance.

Brass Knob

I just dont think this group of seniors understands what it is to win and close out a game..... And with that not one of them knows how to step up and lead!

razorhead94

im tired of people blaming little rock..there is not difference in the court measurements..
the free throw line is 15ft.
the length of the court is 94 ft.

great crowd showed up at little rock today..stop blaming little rock and just win.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

jschulte

Quote from: razorhead94 on December 22, 2007, 05:32:33 pm
im tired of people blaming little rock..there is not difference in the court measurements..
the free throw line is 15ft.
the length of the court is 94 ft.

great crowd showed up at little rock today..stop blaming little rock and just win.

not blaming the crowd, the crowd was much better than at Bud.  It is still a road game to these guys, and history has shown they suck on the road.

Oliver

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 22, 2007, 05:13:43 pm
i cant believe it.

what a embarrassment.

I agree with your Little Rock statement but you better get used to days like today.  They will continue for the rest of the year.

elksnort

i cant believe it.

what a embarrassment.

Playing in Little Rock does not have a damn thing to do with it.

boog

not blaming the crowd, the crowd was much better than at Bud.  It is still a road game to these guys, and history has shown they suck on the road.

We are supposed to play these teams at Little Rock and win. and win.  and win  (BIG)

Brass Knob

It doesnt matter if this game was on our home court, a neutral court, or at AS' home court, this would still have been a bad, embarrassing, pathetic loss for the UofA

elksnort

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 22, 2007, 05:36:38 pm
Playing away from BWA has everything to do with it, unfortunately.

No, having ** players has something to do with it, not the location.

Newcoachplease

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 22, 2007, 05:51:21 pm
7-0 BWA
2-3 away from BWA

Lets play games all over the country on neutral courts. Im sure there are some hog fans in colorado who are upset they cant see a game live.

I mean, who would want to play home games at home?

LoseAnutt

i cant believe it.

what a embarrassment.

arkansas never plays in little rock. arkansas however did play in north little rock today.

want2be

We might want to start liking the idea of playing at Alltell since the NCAA first round will be held there this spring.

leavenworth1

The problem with this team is primarily that Hill is on it, (completely useless other than 2 blocks a game), and Ervin is awful and gets alot of minutes.  These seniors are not competitors, not a single one of them.  There's no Corey Becks on this team.  No point guard, and no floor general.  John Wooden couldn't coach some of these players. 

Razor6

Something about those basketball rims in LR.  =)
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

ThrillaHog

Stop Blaming Little rock, thats a piece of crap excuse. We had alltel rocking today, in bud walton you can hear a pen drop. We just got outplayed, so instead of blaming the rock, blame the team for playing bad, the refs for officiating bad, and pelphrey for not winning the damn game. Had we won the little rock crap woulda never come up!

Hoggy1

Quote from: ThrillaHog on December 23, 2007, 01:33:40 am
Stop Blaming Little rock, thats a piece of crap excuse. We had alltel rocking today, in bud walton you can hear a pen drop. We just got outplayed, so instead of blaming the rock, blame the team for playing bad, the refs for officiating bad, and pelphrey for not winning the damn game. Had we won the little rock crap woulda never come up!

blame it on Pelphrey for not winning?  Yea, i got you....Pelphrey did miss a lot of shots today
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

tkhog

Quote from: ThrillaHog on December 23, 2007, 01:33:40 am
Y'all don't understand. It's not about the location, or the number of fans, or even what color jersey we're wearing.  Bud Walton Arena is our HOME.  It's the arena that our players practice in every day.  They know the Bud frontwards and backwards.  Yeah, Alltel was rockin' today, but it's still not what the players are used to.  Besides, Alltel is a crappy venue.  Our trip to Fayetteville takes over twice as long as our trip to Little Rock, and I'd still rather make the trip to Fayetteville.

Mr. Prozac

December 23, 2007, 02:30:05 am #21 Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 04:08:48 am by Mr. Prozac
I really could understand if they kept all of the games at Bud Walton (and I wouldn't gripe if they did), but Arkansas should beat App. State whether they play them in Fayetteville, NLR, or Texarkana.

If you can't win outside your home arena, you will not have a successful season. Games at Alltel serve not only to throw a bone to fans in Central, East, and South Arkansas at a time when most students are home on break--they allow the team to get experience away from their true home court, without actually playing a true road game. It's a "neutral" site without the neutral crowd.

Regardless, the location of the game mattered only because this team has been unable to win away from Fayetteville for years. Maybe the SEC will let us play all of our games at Bud Walton.

blacksuit

I don't get all of this. Should we just play all of our games in Fayetteville or what? Is a neutral court game in front of 10,000+ hog fans not good enough?

Hollywood_HOGan45

we completely suck in little rock. plain and simple.

we got rocked by an average texas tech team there. We got beat by oklahoma state when they came back from about 25 points down.

no reason we should play in little rock.

but we suck anyway. We were supposed to be very good but instead we're very average.

Lanny

i cant believe it.

what a embarrassment.

This team has no point guard.  It's not Little Rock
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Jeffcphog

Stop and think guys.  This is the same team that got Stan fired.  Coaching will not help them.  We will just have to wait until the graduate or use up all their eligibility.

Hawg414

i am laughing at you guys who are trying to make this into a LR/NWA issue. 

we should beat App State even playing at THEIR place by 20 points.

my estimation of how much of a role LR played in this loss is - 0%

i do understand, however, that for some of you, it just has to be a LR/NWA thing.  has to be.

Beaverfever

That was probably the best atmosphere we've had at a basketball game in a long time.  I think theres a chance we lost because our players weren't as good.

Hoop

It sounded like to me the crowd was the loudest it's been all year.

Hell it's been dead at the Bud this year. Maybe they should move more games to Little Rock.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

COCHISE

Quote from: HogZ28 on December 22, 2007, 05:20:24 pm
a couple of things killed us.   

#1 App. State's hot shooting.  Its hard to beat a team when they shoot over 60% from the field and they dont miss their free throws.

#2. Cant make a free throw.  You hit your free throws you win this game.  That is easy.  I know at one point CT was 3 of 8. 

#3.  Lack of a wide body.   If this team had a wide body big man, Minter doesnt get the position he does and doesnt score as easy.
#4.  Lack of a point guard.  We have the WORST point guard play in the SEC.  I wish GE had never transferred here.

#5.  Lack of basketball I.Q.  I've always questioned what that meant exactly, but after watching this team I know what it is and I know this team doesn't have it.  Stupid, stupid, stupid mistakes, passes, shots, etc.  I'm ready for ALL of Heath's recruits to leave.

jmalott86

News Flash, App State played in NLR too, and made free throws and can actually make an accurate pass! It must be a conspiracy! Or maybe somehow it is HDN's fault.

jmalott86

Quote from: Hoop on December 23, 2007, 10:37:28 am
It sounded like to me the crowd was the loudest it's been all year.

Hell it's been dead at the Bud this year. Maybe they should move more games to Little Rock.

Totally agree, BWA games look like they are empty, move em all to LR

Rayzback

Quote from: Razor6 on December 23, 2007, 01:24:38 am
Something about those basketball rims in LR.  =)

The same ones hang in OU... must be made in china, the lead is dumbing them down
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

kuhog

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on December 23, 2007, 02:30:05 am
I really could understand if they kept all of the games at Bud Walton (and I wouldn't gripe if they did), but Arkansas should beat App. State whether they play them in Fayetteville, NLR, or Texarkana.

If you can't win outside your home arena, you will not have a successful season. Games at Alltel serve not only to throw a bone to fans in Central, East, and South Arkansas at a time when most students are home on break--they allow the team to get experience away from their true home court, without actually playing a true road game. It's a "neutral" site without the neutral crowd.

Regardless, the location of the game mattered only because this team has been unable to win away from Fayetteville for years. Maybe the SEC will let us play all of our games at Bud Walton.

I like your logic. Couldn't have said it better myself. +1 to ya'.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 22, 2007, 05:36:38 pm
Playing away from BWA has everything to do with it, unfortunately.

Yep, but it's gonna be hard to play all our games in the Bud.
Go away, batin'

mudslog

I know that I am not going to spend $50 on gas to get to NWA, $119 for a hotel, food, etc, plus the cost of tickets to see this team play.   What a joke.   And we are proud to get 10,000 fans at Alltel?   Our standards have dropped.....However, Pelphrey must have time to find his own players.    Whoever recruited Hill is an idiot.   Yes, he can block a few shots, but so can the backboard.   He has no business being on a basketball floor unless he is sweeping it.