Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've never seen a bigger collection of average players in my life

Started by batmanfan, December 22, 2007, 04:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

On one basketball team..everyone on this team is average, from starter to backup.

This team should have been booed off the court at halftime.  If I was there I would have been.

This team won't win anything this season, even though many of us thought we'd win the West, that honor will go to a surprising Ole Miss club for the second straight season.  I'm really disappointed we didn't give Adam Kenedy a stronger look when we were looking for a new coach, even though I'm still happy with coach Pel.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

razorbackfan4life

yea.. I agree with that statment

Pelphrey is awesome though..

razorbackfan4life

We have no three point threat...we have no pg...  all teams have to do is play zone

MinowBucket

Embarrasing when you can't beat teams like APP. ST. Of course Rick Schaffer says lets give this APP St team a lot of credit. What an idiot!!!!!!!

grayhawg

A bunch of average players not going home for Christmas break I betya.

jkstock04

I wouldn't consider Patrick Beverley an average player...I would imagine any SEC school would be more than happy to have him on their team.  However, I see you're point.  When Pelphrey gets his recruits in here after a couple of years, we'll see what kind of a coach we really have.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

grayhawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 22, 2007, 04:27:15 pm
I wouldn't consider Patrick Beverley an average player...I would imagine any SEC school would be more than happy to have him on their team.  However, I see you're point.  When Pelphrey gets his recruits in here after a couple of years, we'll see what kind of a coach we really have.
I think a big part of Beverley's problem might be the paternity suit.

Hollywood_HOGan45

one of the things killing us is Sonny Weems totally sucking this year.

he should be averaging at least 13 pts and 6 boards but he's really underachieving

razorbackfan4life

Sonny is the biggest underachiever next to Olu Famutimi.  They both have all the talent in the world and all the attributes u need, but yet they cant seem to step their games up.

Oliver

Quote from: batmanfan on December 22, 2007, 04:11:16 pm
On one basketball team..everyone on this team is average, from starter to backup.

This team should have been booed off the court at halftime.  If I was there I would have been.

This team won't win anything this season, even though many of us thought we'd win the West, that honor will go to a surprising Ole Miss club for the second straight season.  I'm really disappointed we didn't give Adam Kenedy a stronger look when we were looking for a new coach, even though I'm still happy with coach Pel.

BAT

Good post.

johogs001

ICEman

All those Seniors and we cannot get it done against a lower level D1 team.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

jschulte

Quote from: MinowBucket on December 22, 2007, 04:18:48 pm
Embarrasing when you can't beat teams like APP. ST. Of course Rick Schaffer says lets give this APP St team a lot of credit. What an idiot!!!!!!!

Your an idiot.  They shot the lights out... they deserve credit.  We have played good teams (and even beat a few ) well.  APP state just played an amazing game.  We are are inconsistent.

waphill

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on December 22, 2007, 04:44:00 pm
Sonny is the biggest underachiever next to Olu Famutimi.  They both have all the talent in the world and all the attributes u need, but yet they cant seem to step their games up.

Someone needs to tell him he is not a jumpshooter. Take the freakin ball to the hole!

lookawayquick

Weems is a great athlete and I'm sure a solid person but he is not a consistent basketball player.  Understatement of the year.  He just can't bring day in and day out.  Think he was trying to hard today in front of lots of friends and family.  Forced way too many shots.  But his substandard play did not beat the Hogs.  Two things killed them today, free throw shooting and defensive post play.  Hill should have logged more minutes.

HawgG

Quote from: batmanfan on December 22, 2007, 04:11:16 pm

BAT

It's Andy Kennedy and yes he is the best HC in the SECW and in all the SEC IMO but Billy has those National Championships so he is the head man by default.

I know Coach Kennedy has strong ties to Ole Miss but it will be hard for the Rebals to keep him for the long haul as the offers will start rolling in after this season.

Ole Miss better be prepared to go to war for their HC and break the bank while they are at it.

cthog99

you know how to stop a team from shooting 67 percent from the field. hustle and defend

jamie72921

This team is the epitome of the backward way that many hog fans thought a team should be built at the end of the Nolan era. It is made around big men and not guard play.

You should always have guards. They are plentiful, good big men aren't. That way when you land a good big man, you can have a complete team as soon as he arrives.

The guards represent to the front line on a basketball court even though they are referred to as the backcourt. If you can dominate that aspect of the game, you can nuetralize the best big men, by not allowing the game to come to them.

A great guard can take it to the game. A big man always has to wait for the game to come to him. Big man ball sucks people and only works with good guard play.

With good guards you can win a national title with a 6'7" center/pf and a fat 6'9" center/pf. We did.

Without good guard play, you can have Shaquille O'neal and never win the SEC. LSU did. As a matter of fact, that LSU era had Stanley Roberts, Shaquille O'neal and Girt Hamnick on the same team. All 3 were NBA centers at one time. It doesn't work.

Coach Pel knows this and will right the ship within the next 2 seasons.
Bless your heart