Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No More Vitale!!

Started by cthog99, December 18, 2007, 03:11:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cthog99

TRUHOG718

I feel sorry for his health concern but at least he cant talk ISH about us for a while.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

cthog99

bill raftery and his onions is the way to go. he might sound stupid some of the time, but he is not annoying like vitale, and he just has fun announcing the game, unlike packer who takes it so seriously

blacksuit

I heard that he's gonna be back in Feb., and I was like "he's gone!?" A few months is nice, but the man needs to shut his mouth for a couple of decades to make up for all the games he's called.

HawgG

Wish Dickie V a healthy and speedy return!

College basketball is not the same without you.

DUCOMMANDER

i wish gus would have surgery so we dont have to talk about his a$$ for months

TheyCallMeHogLuver

Sadly, the surgery appears to be a success.  However, we can always hope for a reoccurance.  Of course, I'm kidding......barely.

HawgG

Quote from: KJL on December 18, 2007, 11:35:52 pm
I guess I am one of the few who actually likes Billy Packer. Dukey V is part of college basketball it will be a little weird without him. I am a big Raft fan.

I love hearing Bill Raftery call games.

"Send it in Jerome"
[youtube=425,350]sqSwZgpOad8&rel[/youtube]

Baconator

Quote from: DUCOMMANDER on December 18, 2007, 07:39:27 pm
i wish gus would have surgery so we dont have to talk about his a$$ for months

You, sir, are an asshair.

MDH

I don't know, on one hand he annoys me with his bias but on the other he's kind of a fixture in the season.  It'll be odd not having him around for a while.  I don't wish surgery on anyone though and I'm glad it appears to have gone OK for him.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

JFHWGBKRIII

Unfortunately they didn't operate on his fingers and will be doing his thing on the web site. :puke:

cityhog

hogfan98

some of you are unbelievable.  is dick vitale annoying?  yes.  but he has never done anything wrong other than be loud and give opinions that we don't like.  on top of that, he's 50 times the philanthropist that any of us could even dream to be.  you guys celebrating a health problem just so you don't have to listen to him is absolutely amazing.  i wish him a speedy recovery.

slopinhogs

sorry he ad to go through that surgery. i have had a few myself and none of them were fun. those who are wishing he would disappear forever ., i have read: judge not lest you be judged.yes, there is a God.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

spudhog

i never wish bodily harm upon anyone. i may not like his take or his view on baskeball but i am not going to sink to a level that some have here.

Adam Stokes

You could tell his voice was sounding funny over the last couple months when he was doing commentary, just not the same Dicky you are used to hearing.  I think I am one of the few on the board who actually likes the guy, so I hope him the best. 

tulsadst

Whether you are a fan of Vitale's commentary skills or not (for the record, I can take him or leave him either way):

To take some form of pleasure in posting that he can't call games in the near future while he recovers from a health issue IS WRONG.

PintailKiller

I'll wish Dickie V nothing but the best for a speedy recovery.
I got to hear one of the speeches he gave the players in the King Cotton Classic in PB in 86 or 87.  He is an amazing speaker.  Whether you like him as an announcer or not, how can anyone wish ill will towards another human?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

joeyself

Best of all possible worlds:  Vitale has a full recovery, but decides he likes to simply write about basketball and never dons a microphone again.

He ruins good games for me, and yes, I can turn down the sound, but shouldn't have to.  Still, he seems like a good guy off the floor, and I wouldn't wish anyone ill health.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

cityhog

December 20, 2007, 10:48:15 am #19 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:55:49 am by cityhog
Yes, there is a God.  And I believe he has a tremendous sense of humor.  Unlike some of you on this thread.  Geez!
The dude isn't dying, he is having vocal chord surgery.  Plenty of singers/entertainers have this, and most likely he will be back screaming his undying love for Dook and 17 year old diaper dandies in time for March Madness.  If he didn't yell so freaking much he wouldn't be having this problem to begin with.  ie.  If it is your liviehood, take better care of your insrument.

FWIW - He may be a great guy, BUT he is annoying, AND he is so obviously biased in the games he calls it is unbelieveable.  Congrats on being a philanthropist, and I hope he recovers, but honestly, if he never called another game again, I wouldn't miss him one little bit.

Beaverfever

Quote from: HawgG on December 18, 2007, 07:14:22 pm
Wish Dickie V a healthy and speedy return!

Duke basketball is not the same without you.

Fixed that for ya. 

dmac4sainthood

Whether or not you like him, we all wish Dickie V a speedy recovery...but please take all the time you need! :)

newera

i'm sorry, but i have to cross from college to pros on this one. Bill Walton is by far the most annoying announcer in Basketball. i obviously know that this is probably just me, but he is just an idiot.

"...well you know, the team with the most points at the end of the game, will win..."
                                                                           -Bill Walton
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

HawgG

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 21, 2007, 10:59:35 am
Fixed that for ya. 

That's for sure.

I do hope that he didn't hurt himself watching Pitt beat his Blue Devils on that incredible step back 3 pointer by Levance Fields.

Just in case anyone missed it
[youtube=425,350]sCXYkqy-8cI&rel[/youtube]

SpiritHog

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on December 21, 2007, 01:43:18 pm
Whether or not you like him, we all wish Dickie V a speedy recovery...but please take all the time you need! :)

Finally a voice of sanity!
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

East Clintwood

Quote from: newera on December 22, 2007, 02:15:01 am
i'm sorry, but i have to cross from college to pros on this one. Bill Walton is by far the most annoying announcer in Basketball. i obviously know that this is probably just me, but he is just an idiot.

"...well you know, the team with the most points at the end of the game, will win..."
                                                                           -Bill Walton

No, it's not just you.  Walton is the Tony Kornheiser of basketball comentators.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma