Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

joe johnson trade???

Started by husker71, June 29, 2015, 12:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

Joe Johnson will be paid about $24 million next year which most importantly the last year of the contract according to ESPN.  That contract expiring is worth some other team paying it so the next year they will have more cap space.   The Nets thought they had a trade with Memphis again according to ESPN radio to get Johnson (nobody said what was returned)  I guess several teams are looking at a possible trade with the Nets.  This could get interesting.

Iwastherein1969

Joe is one of the most unrecognized but highly paid players in the NBA....he can put up numbers like LeBron James on any given night then can go for 8 points 2 rebounds and 1 assist the next night. Joe, as much as I pull for him, has been one of the most overpaid stars in the NBA. But hey, if they (the owners in the NBA) are goofy enough to give Joe the money, Joe would be a bigger fool NOT to take it. Keep on raking in the paper, Joe !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hogimus Prime

I'd like to see JJ go to a contender next year.  I think he could help a team win it all. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 29, 2015, 03:48:22 pm
Joe is one of the most unrecognized but highly paid players in the NBA....he can put up numbers like LeBron James on any given night then can go for 8 points 2 rebounds and 1 assist the next night. Joe, as much as I pull for him, has been one of the most overpaid stars in the NBA. But hey, if they (the owners in the NBA) are goofy enough to give Joe the money, Joe would be a bigger fool NOT to take it. Keep on raking in the paper, Joe !

He has been the best player on 8 NBA playoff teams, 7 time All Star and one of the most Clutch Players in the NBA.

Pretty darn good run. IMO he could put a team like the Pacers, Grizz or maybe even the Hornets over the top.

pigture perfect

I'd like to see him with the Cavs.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogimus Prime

Hawg Red

Joe is the PERFECT compliment to LeBron. Don't see how Cleveland can swing that deal, though.

Scott7703

He'd be perfect in Chicago.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: husker71 on June 29, 2015, 12:28:58 pm
Joe Johnson will be paid about $24 million next year which most importantly the last year of the contract according to ESPN.  That contract expiring is worth some other team paying it so the next year they will have more cap space.   The Nets thought they had a trade with Memphis again according to ESPN radio to get Johnson (nobody said what was returned)  I guess several teams are looking at a possible trade with the Nets.  This could get interesting.
Good for Joe but no one is worth that kind of money.

husker71

can you still amnesty a player???   not saying this about JJ just asking a general question

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: husker71 on June 29, 2015, 08:42:12 pm
can you still amnesty a player???   not saying this about JJ just asking a general question

Yes. Assuming the team hasn't already used it. (Only one amnesty during the whole collective bargaining agreement)

husker71

Foshodo

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 29, 2015, 03:48:22 pm

No No No...

dude has long been one of the most clutch in the NBA. if Deron had been half the player he was in Utah and Garnett hadn't been a shell I think Brooklyn could have done some damage.

Beaverfever

I never thought about JJ being Lebron's sidekick.  I could see that.  Irving/Lebron/JJ would be a sick Big 3. 

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Beaverfever on June 30, 2015, 04:37:33 am
I never thought about JJ being Lebron's sidekick.  I could see that.  Irving/Lebron/JJ would be a sick Big 3. 

JJ will be a free agent next year, maybe it'll happen next year.

jackflash

I am not sure about Johnson and James on the same team. I like both players just don't see it working. Actually Love had to take a back seat on the team. I think.

husker71

he is not near as valuable as a free agent.  It is those expiring big ass contracts that make these guys valuable 

Hawg Red

Quote from: husker71 on June 30, 2015, 07:23:36 am
he is not near as valuable as a free agent.  It is those expiring big ass contracts that make these guys valuable

I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from here. I understand that at times a large contract can be helpful in making trades work, but I'm seeing how your state is true otherwise.

IMO, Joe Johnson on a reasonable, cap-friendly contract would be very, very valuable to most teams in the NBA.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jackflash on June 30, 2015, 07:22:56 am
I am not sure about Johnson and James on the same team. I like both players just don't see it working. Actually Love had to take a back seat on the team. I think.

Why don't you see it working, though? Joe doesn't have the temperament of a lead man but yet still has a penchant for making clutch shots. Perfect LeBron compliment. Think Ray Allen. Guys that don't need to be the man but are super talented so they make awesome support players for a guy like LeBron.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 30, 2015, 08:41:49 am
I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from here. I understand that at times a large contract can be helpful in making trades work, but I'm seeing how your state is true otherwise.

IMO, Joe Johnson on a reasonable, cap-friendly contract would be very, very valuable to most teams in the NBA.
Yeah and seeing as how Johnson's benefited from one of the most bloated contracts in NBA history hopefully he'll be willing to take a very reasonable salary to spend the last few years of his career playing for championships.  I'd think the contenders would be fighting for his services at 6-8 million a year or so.  JJ has made more than 200 million dollars in his career.  Hopefully he doesn't have to take the extra 1-2 million dollars that a team like the Timberwolves might be able to offer him.  I'd love to see him end his career on a high note. 

Beaverfever

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 30, 2015, 08:44:22 am
Why don't you see it working, though? Joe doesn't have the temperament of a lead man but yet still has a penchant for making clutch shots. Perfect LeBron compliment. Think Ray Allen. Guys that don't need to be the man but are super talented so they make awesome support players for a guy like LeBron.
Yeah I was thinking like Jamal Crawford for the Clippers.  The Cavs would have killed for Crawford or Johnson in the finals.  He could be particularly beneficial as the primary second team option while Lebron gets fewer minutes in the next few years.