Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Football Signees (24)

Started by Tomhog™, February 13, 2013, 12:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldCoot

Are there any surprises one way or another?

Has the DC been announced? (Weren't they going to do that today?)

onebadrubi

I thought jaylin Johnson was going to walk on?

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

We got the ones we wanted the 24 and we will see what if any surprises we get.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

VBMark

Looks like TN lost one to Miss St. Any other schools getting in a bind over numbers?
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Big Nasty 34

Jo Jo going to contribute next year most as freshman at wideout?

Hogberry Snortcake

Wow, 24/7 likes our guys way more than ESPN. 

houstonoutgusin

As of right now, Rivals has us ranked 11th in the SEC.  7 SEC schools are in the top 10 nationally. Looks like we will have to do more with less yet again.

Dirty

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on February 05, 2014, 12:19:52 pm
As of right now, Rivals has us ranked 11th in the SEC.  7 SEC schools are in the top 10 nationally. Looks like we will have to do more with less yet again.

SHI

mountainhog

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on February 05, 2014, 11:22:50 am
Wow, 24/7 likes our guys way more than ESPN. 

What do they have our class ranked at?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 05, 2014, 08:18:12 am
RB Juan Day has signed
Juan of these days, we'll look back and say this was a great catch.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: houstonoutgusin on February 05, 2014, 12:19:52 pm
Did we out-recruit KY and Vandy?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Wild Bill Hog

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 05, 2014, 01:17:08 pm
KY no.  Vandy yes.

Interestingly enough, Mizzou is 12th in the SEC per ESPN after their monster season.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

artyhog

Hog918

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 05, 2014, 01:07:09 pm
Did we out-recruit KY and Vandy?

KY - maybe    Vandy - yes

KY is not that far ahead of us in the rankings, but they signed 5 more players (due to the backfill rule, or whatever it's called).  TN signed 32 players (top 10 class), take away 1/4 of their ranking, and we would be close to them, also.  We can only sign 25.

Hogg_Phan

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

greenie

Don't we need to add Tyler Colquitt as a walk on?

DeltaBoy

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 05, 2014, 10:04:05 pm
Ok I count a total of 5 Walk Ons. Any others?

A little late, but Jackson Hannah is going to be walking on.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

HogWildBison2011

Take a look at Joshua Harris highlights!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1543071/joshua-harris

He is a little short, and hopefully can improve that 40 time but that guy can HIT. Love these walk-ons!

DeltaBoy

Solid Class this year. Look forward to seeing them on the Field.

OLPHog

TomHog--  Jackson Hannah was accepted as a preferred walk-on the weekend before signing day.  He reports to summer school 5/26 and will be participating in summer workouts. He will report with all of the incoming scholarship athletes before fall session and will be living with the frosh at the quad.  He is considered a member of the team.

He is a 6'3" 300lb two year starter, all state selection from Bentonville.  He was the Burlsworth winner for the 7A state championship game.  He graded out 90% for the year with 91 pancakes. He turned down multiple D2 schollies, AState and Memphis to be a hog.  There was no other school he wanted to play for.  He grew from 240 to 290 lbs from his jr year to sr year, without losing agility.  He just started lifting weights this past year secondary to playing on BHS baseball team.  Please add him to the 2014 walk-on list.