Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faith in Jeff Long

Started by Sundog, October 21, 2017, 11:13:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundog

Why do so many of you have faith in Jeff Long making the decision to fire Bert now, soon or even at year end?  What gives you such confidence in Long that he will do what needs to be done? 

Tusks

Quote from: Sundog on October 21, 2017, 11:13:14 pm
Why do so many of you have faith in Jeff Long making the decision to fire Bert now, soon or even at year end?  What gives you such confidence in Long that he will do what needs to be done? 

It's his job and I've been told over and over and over and over and over and over at what a great job he does.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jcbville

His isn't the only hand in the cookie jar and it never was.

Sundog

Quote from: jcbville on October 21, 2017, 11:15:05 pm
His isn't the only hand in the cookie jar and it never was.

I'm listening..... facts? Or just speculation.

Malvin

Because you have to have faith that he will do the right thing?  Firing the coach before Alabama or Auburn wouldn't be the right thing, it would throw our program into further chaos.  I fully expect Long to do the right thing which means firing him the first day after the LSU game.

HardCore

Quote from: tusked on October 21, 2017, 11:14:39 pm
It's his job and I've been told over and over and over and over and over and over at what a great job he does.

Same here.  They have all now convinced me that Long is the AD Messiah.  And we are the deep envy of every NCAA program because we have him and they don't.  So, I am sooooo confident he will do the right thing and let CBB go immediately.  Soooo confident.  Absolutely.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HogPharmer

Quote from: Malvin on October 21, 2017, 11:19:20 pm
Because you have to have faith that he will do the right thing?  Firing the coach before Alabama or Auburn wouldn't be the right thing, it would throw our program into further chaos.  I fully expect Long to do the right thing which means firing him the first day after the LSU game.

Our program cannot be thrown into further chaos. At least if he fired CBB (which I don't expect him to do tomorrow or Monday) mid-season, we'd have an excuse as to why we continue to get curb stomped by every team we play.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hogwild

East Clintwood

I have zero faith that Jeff Long will do anything to benefit the Razorback football team.  Ever.

Fire Jeffy

Fire Bert
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogsmash12

I have no faith in Long to do the right thing so count me out. The right thing would be to call a press conference to announce the dismissal of Bielema and announce an interim coach (Rhoads?) for the duration of the season.   The next move would be to offer  Dave Doeren the head coaching job at the U of A.

jcbville

Quote from: Sundog on October 21, 2017, 11:17:05 pm
I'm listening..... facts? Or just speculation.

Facts. The BoT as well as others have been and always will be involved. There is nothing wild about it. It's how the business is done. It's fun to grab the torches and storm the castle while chanting yankee go home for some people. But just because they have fantasies that JL answers to no one and has a super secret super villain lair where he gets to make all these decisions independently doesn't make it true.

phadedhawg

Bonehog

I have the same faith in Long as I do in our US Congress! 
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

Hogs-n-Roses

Jeff has Brets back. He is not going to fire him I'll list it off again for ya'll. Did you see the stands before the game tonight? They were not that bad. Prolly had lots more tickets sold than actual seats being filled. Donations are good, ticket sales are good, Basketball and baseball look OK. He has boldly told you many times that its not all about winning. Oh yea I almost forgot the projects are doing fine.

Sundog

Quote from: jcbville on October 21, 2017, 11:27:14 pm
Facts. The BoT as well as others have been and always will be involved. There is nothing wild about it. It's how the business is done. It's fun to grab the torches and storm the castle while chanting yankee go home for some people. But just because they have fantasies that JL answers to no one and has a super secret super villain lair where he gets to make all these decisions independently doesn't make it true.

So does this mean I need to change the thread to: "Faith in the BOT"?
Sounds like you are just engaged in wishful thinking.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 21, 2017, 11:31:21 pm
Jeff has Brets back. He is not going to fire him I'll list it off again for ya'll. Did you see the stands before the game tonight? They were not that bad. Prolly had lots more tickets sold than actual seats being filled. Donations are good, ticket sales are good, Basketball and baseball look OK. He has boldly told you many times that its not all about winning. Oh yea I almost forgot the projects are doing fine.

There won't be another crowd like that this season.  Lots of NW Arkansas will always turn out to see Gus.  It's gonna be bleak in RRS for the remainder of games. 

You are right, the money has already been deposited.  Of course they will lose a lot of money on food and drinks and it will be a noticeable amount .  Jeff sees the fan apathy setting in and he knows that will turn the faucet of donations/ticket sales next year.

You may be right, he might try to keep Bert, but heaven help him if he does.  It would get ugly

jcbville

Quote from: Sundog on October 21, 2017, 11:33:06 pm
So does this mean I need to change the thread to: "Faith in the BOT"?
Sounds like you are just engaged in wishful thinking.

Jeff Long isn't solely responsible. It's a fact. If you want him to be your personal bogeyman be my guest. It's entertaining that he's looked at that way. Which is why we come to sites like this. Nothing wishful about it.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 21, 2017, 11:37:12 pm
There won't be another crowd like that this season.  Lots of NW Arkansas will always turn out to see Gus.  It's gonna be bleak in RRS for the remainder of games. 

You are right, the money has already been deposited.  Of course they will lose a lot of money on food and drinks and it will be a noticeable amount .  Jeff sees the fan apathy setting in and he knows that will turn the faucet of donations/ticket sales next year.

You may be right, he might try to keep Bert, but heaven help him if he does.  It would get ugly
He already has. Don't matter as the BOT is handing him a new contract and extention/raise. He's your man.

hog911

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 11:23:29 pm
I have zero faith that Jeff Long will do anything to benefit the Razorback football team.  Ever.

Fire Jeffy

Fire Bert

AMEN!

Sundog

Quote from: jcbville on October 21, 2017, 11:38:01 pm
Jeff Long isn't solely responsible. It's a fact. If you want him to be your personal bogeyman be my guest. It's entertaining that he's looked at that way. Which is why we come to sites like this. Nothing wishful about it.

So let's see if I have this correct.... the BoT gives Long a raise and contract extension, yet is going to pull rank and insist that Long replace Bert?  You're nuts.

Long is evaluated by much more than Bert's dismal failures.  In the eyes of the BoT Long is doing a great job as AD.  Therefore, the BoT will let Long do his job without adverse influence; which brings us right back to my original post.....What gives you such confidence in Jeff Long that he will do what needs to be done with Bert?  Bert is Jeffies little fellow.  He is going to give Bert 2018; at which time we will have shown "improvement" which will then be used to justify more time with Bert.  I hope I'm dead nuts wrong; but I don't think I am.

jcbville

Quote from: Sundog on October 21, 2017, 11:54:50 pm
So let's see if I have this correct.... the BoT gives Long a raise and contract extension, yet is going to pull rank and insist that Long replace Bert?  You're nuts.

Long is evaluated by much more than Bert's dismal failures.  In the eyes of the BoT Long is doing a great job as AD.  Therefore, the BoT will let Long do his job without adverse influence; which brings us right back to my original post.....What gives you such confidence in Jeff Long that he will do what needs to be done with Bert?  Bert is Jeffies little fellow.  He is going to give Bert 2018; at which time we will have shown "improvement" which will then be used to justify more time with Bert.  I hope I'm dead nuts wrong; but I don't think I am.

You're adding too much of your own imagination. which is what happens with many people on this subject. I never said the BoT would pull rank and force anything. What I said was Jeff Long isn't independently making these decisions. It's a give and take. He's never independently made one hire or fire without input. Not one. When things aren't going well the discussions are even more involved. I don't have to guess at these things. I know these things to be true. It's silly that you're not understanding that or honestly that it isn't common sense. I've actually talked more about this than I usually do.

Pig in the Pokey

Jeff Long gets an extension next month. AKA, he doesnt get to keep his job AND keep Bert. He chose up, and found a guy. We are going to be fine.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 21, 2017, 11:42:15 pm
He already has. Don't matter as the BOT is handing him a new contract and extention/raise. He's your man.

Has this already happened?  Did a google search and couldn't find anything saying Long has been extended.  I know folks were talking about it being in the works but it isn't a done deal yet is it?

Hollywood870